08-10-13 07:57 AM
113 1234 ...
tools
    Posted in your other thread:

Only issue I've found is that "put it back" hangs up. I get an error that BBHT can't access the folder because it's in use by another application.

Vista 64 SP2. OS 6.0.0.461

Thanks.
    lyricidal likes this.
    03-03-11 04:54 PM
    Still working on the 2.5 version of BBH Tool, here's the change log so far:

- Added progress bar to Phone Tools
    - Added checkbox in Create-A-JAD for when draggin alx/jads
    - Added Install-A-Hybrid tab (BETA)
    - Added "Take Screenshot" button, as well as "After Screenshot" options to the screenshot viewer
    - Added feature to "Install Hybrid" in Build-a-Hybrid
    - Added shrinking options: Basque (language), Chinese Dictionary (Apps), Mobile Reader (Apps), Mobile Market (Apps) Global (font), Monotype (font) Thai (font),
    - Changes/fixes to various "Phone Tools" items
    - Fixed Copy to clipboard and Tweet after shortening under URL Shortening
    - Minor fixes/changes to skins/UI
    - Moved "OTA Upgrade" to Advanced shrink options
    - Updated shrinking for Default Videos, Setup Wizard, and Slacker
    - Renamed saved .txt's in Phone Tools (System Read, and Event Log) to include PIN of device it came from
    - Renamed folder for "Save All" under .COD Files to include PIN it came from ("Dump-PIN")

also working on: Working on next #BBHTool Update #BBHPlus on Twitpic
    Just finishing the check list on the sheet than should be done the update

The app will be renamed to BBH Tool to reflect our change of name. With any luck I'm hoping mid-week for a finished release - will need beta testers for the Install-A-Hybrid bit - mail bbhtool@bbh-plus.net to be apart of that (your email will be used solely for BBH Tool updates!)

For those that want a release in the meantime, here is what I've gotten so far, with updated shrink options all finished:
    http://bb-h.me/bbhtool4u
    Note: This is the VIP version for all of you to try and enjoy!

Enjoy with no NAG screens, registration, or installation required!

Thanks for all your support,
    JD
    (@theiexplorers)
    03-13-11 11:28 PM
    Still working on the 2.5 version of BBH Tool, here's the change log so far:

- Added progress bar to Phone Tools
    - Added checkbox in Create-A-JAD for when draggin alx/jads
    - Added Install-A-Hybrid tab (BETA)
    - Added "Take Screenshot" button, as well as "After Screenshot" options to the screenshot viewer
    - Added feature to "Install Hybrid" in Build-a-Hybrid
    - Added shrinking options: Basque (language), Chinese Dictionary (Apps), Mobile Reader (Apps), Mobile Market (Apps) Global (font), Monotype (font) Thai (font),
    - Changes/fixes to various "Phone Tools" items
    - Fixed Copy to clipboard and Tweet after shortening under URL Shortening
    - Minor fixes/changes to skins/UI
    - Moved "OTA Upgrade" to Advanced shrink options
    - Updated shrinking for Default Videos, Setup Wizard, and Slacker
    - Renamed saved .txt's in Phone Tools (System Read, and Event Log) to include PIN of device it came from
    - Renamed folder for "Save All" under .COD Files to include PIN it came from ("Dump-PIN")

also working on: Working on next #BBHTool Update #BBHPlus on Twitpic
    Just finishing the check list on the sheet than should be done the update

The app will be renamed to BBH Tool to reflect our change of name. With any luck I'm hoping mid-week for a finished release - will need beta testers for the Install-A-Hybrid bit - mail bbhtool@bbh-plus.net to be apart of that (your email will be used solely for BBH Tool updates!)

For those that want a release in the meantime, here is what I've gotten so far, with updated shrink options all finished:
    http://bb-h.me/bbhtool4u
    Note: This is the VIP version for all of you to try and enjoy!

Enjoy with no NAG screens, registration, or installation required!

Thanks for all your support,
    JD
    (@theiexplorers)

hmmmm i see our bb boss functions inspired some cloning i see
    03-13-11 11:46 PM
    lol it's actually been in the works for a bit, but much like you guys copied much of my program, I have no problem keeping up to date
    03-13-11 11:50 PM
    lol it's actually been in the works for a bit, but much like you guys copied much of my program, I have no problem keeping up to date
    took us less than a month to make a install hybrid feature steadily improving :/
    bbh tool is off of crackmem and bmcp etc... but good for yall guys

more tools the better i say, bb boss dont need a overload of features

good luck!
    Last edited by Suprah; 03-14-11 at 12:02 AM.
    03-13-11 11:58 PM
    just like bbh tool is off of crackmem and bmcp etc... but good for yall guys

more tools the better i say, bb boss dont need a overload of features ne ways
    I have no problem giving credit to Pete6 for his original work and will openly admit this is an update/overhaul to his original idea. Thanks Pete6.

Oh and as far as I know and many can vouch for me, BBMCP wasn't available when I originally made Shrink-A-OS anyway, I've just added a lot more features to it....

Funny you bring this stuff up in my topics when you guys have done the same thing (ie. direct shrink on device.... or Live Shrink as it was labelled in my app/or maybe evene Create-a-JAD), whereas I don't bother with it anymore.

And its funny because the guy that actually codes BB Boss, not just tests it and boasts about it everywhere, seems like a nice guy.

:edit, as you edited as well: the install a hybrid feature is very simple to do, I'm talking about the whole update in general
    you say BB Boss doesn't need an overload of features, yet a bunch of mine keep showing up, hmmmm...... whatever dude, do your thing.

further edit as I did some research amongst friends: bb mcp was developed internally before bbh tool.... now I wish I was apart of that
    and now we have the facts
    Last edited by lyricidal; 03-14-11 at 12:54 AM.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    03-14-11 12:03 AM
    Imitation is the greatest form of flattery......

......I suppose that's why Lyr should be thanking you for the compliment
    03-14-11 12:07 AM
    I have no problem giving credit to Pete6 for his original work and will openly admit this is an update/overhaul to his original idea. Thanks Pete6.

Oh and as far as I know and many can vouch for me, BBMCP wasn't available when I originally made Shrink-A-OS anyway, I've just added a lot more features to it....

Funny you bring this stuff up in my topics when you guys have done the same thing (ie. direct shrink on device.... or Live Shrink as it was labelled in my app/or maybe evene Create-a-JAD), whereas I don't bother with it anymore.

And its funny because the guy that actually codes BB Boss, not just tests it and boasts about it everywhere, seems like a nice guy.

:edit, as you edited as well: the install a hybrid feature is very simple to do, I'm talking about the whole update in general
    you say BB Boss doesn't need an overload of features, yet a bunch of mine keep showing up, hmmmm...... whatever dude, do your thing.
    im not boasting about it, because i recall giving you credit for setting the precedent.

its to each their own.

those features such as direct shrinking etc.. are available functions with accompaniment of the javaloader.exe

but do you just found it funny that this is just popping up
    03-14-11 12:12 AM
    willy cool to see ur happy with agreeing with lyr. great for u

later

thanks for the twitter shoutouts btw
    Last edited by Suprah; 03-14-11 at 12:19 AM.
    03-14-11 12:14 AM
    Download Here

v2.4 is now live with these changes:
    - Added "Browse" to Create-A-JAD to browse for files instead of Drag & Drop
    - Added "Custom Shrink" button - see how-to for further info
    - Added "Offline Mode" for Build A Hybrid (use OS folders on PC)
    - Added "Restore Java" button to restore original Java folder
    - Added "Recover Memory" to "Phone Tools" tab
    - Added "Restore" for Third-Party Apps
    - Added @BBTweaks and @Driphter_Com to Latest Tweet choices
    - Added description to "Phone Tools" tab, as many users were not sure what was available
    - Added download links to "Latest BBHybrids"
    - Added file count to Shrink-A-OS
    - Added settings for all tabs to BBHToolSettings.ini
    - Added more URL shortening service choices: issimo.me, ota4.me, bl4q.me
    - Fixed Browse for settings file
    - Fixed handling of "&" in URL shortening
    - Fixed Phone Tools not connecting to phone with new JavaLoader
    - Fixed start-up message selection not being saved
    - Fixed Total Files count visibility in Phone Tools
    - Fixed some shrink items that were causing boot-up errors
    - Optimized Create-A-JAD code
    - Optimied Latest BBHybrid/Latest OS code
    - Optimized Tweet Pulling code
    - Updated How-to with info on new additions
    - Updated Save Apps, now creates .jad files as well
    - Various UI changes/fixes
    - Renamed Settings file to BBHToolSettings.ini

Download Here

Thanks again and my sentiments are the same regarding the tool. A lot of us have been utilizing it since Day 1 and it can only getting better.
    03-14-11 12:23 AM
    took us less than a month to make a install hybrid feature steadily improving :/
    bbh tool is off of crackmem and bmcp etc... but good for yall guys

more tools the better i say, bb boss dont need a overload of features

good luck!

im not boasting about it, because i recall giving you credit for setting the precedent.

its to each their own.

those features such as direct shrinking etc.. are available functions with accompaniment of the javaloader.exe

but do you just found it funny that this is just popping up
    *Dusts off CB Jacket*
    Listen here Shmuck. Can I call you Shmuck?

I've been part of the Hybrid community for a long time. Strangely I have never heard of you or Blackberry Boss? What kind of self indulgent delusion of grandeur name is that anyway?

That being said Shmuck. You can't say hybird without lyricidal or Willyboy coming up in conversation.

So in conclusion Shmuck. Go have your daily cup of haterade and move on.
    03-14-11 01:32 AM

further edit as I did some research amongst friends: bb mcp was developed internally before bbh tool.... now I wish I was apart of that
    and now we have the facts
    Why then do i not see BBboss crediting Lyr? lmao
    03-14-11 01:32 AM
    *Dusts off CB Jacket*
    Listen here Shmuck. Can I call you Shmuck?

I've been part of the Hybrid community for a long time. Strangely I have never heard of you or Blackberry Boss? What kind of self indulgent delusion of grandeur name is that anyway?

That being said Shmuck. You can't say hybird without lyricidal or Willyboy coming up in conversation.

So in conclusion Shmuck. Go have your daily cup of haterade and move on.
    Well, I do know that both names are included (among others) for the OS files leaked for others to make hybrids.....and that goes back longer than some have been members on here. Just a little bit of history. Also, hybrid makers get started and then leave here and other sites for various reasons. These two have remained consistent. Again.....more history.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 03-14-11 at 02:06 AM.
    03-14-11 01:55 AM
    Why then do i not see BBboss crediting Lyr? lmao
    BBHybrids Tool and lyricidal set the bar, and the contributions from both cannot be overlooked, but I am looking to expand on it. Version 2.0 is currently underway and will include an easier to use, more intuitive GUI and many more features currently not found in either Shrinker App.
    As viewed on page 2 of my original version's thread loacated here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/bb-...61/index2.html

Personally, I have zero problem with Lyr or his tool . I think that a little friendly competition here makes for better tools for everyone all around. At the time I started this project I was a total noob to the shrinking/hybrid business. I was having trouble using Lyr's tool, I personally found it akward to use and was unsure of the status of development of his tool at the time, as I was reading a lot of posts that were saying that his was not being updated or compatible with OS6.

I would appreciate it if the bad-mouthing of other productions stops...I work very hard on my tool and assume that Lyr does the same. There's no reason for personal conflicts to interfere with the actual production of tools that are designed to help everyone.

That being said, I do have to thank Lyr for his contributions, as he pushes me to not only expand my knowledge of the Blackberry systems, but my coding abilities as well.
    Blacklatino and lyricidal like this.
    03-14-11 02:00 AM
    It's great to see Hybrid tools getting more advanced, credit goes to all the engineers out there! And it's good to have some healthy competition to keep advancing these tools!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    lyricidal and funnykindel like this.
    03-14-11 07:40 AM
    Honestly; I've used both shrinking tools. it's only just till recently that I made the switch to BB Boss just due to lack of updates & and an error message that I couldn't get away from. Keep bringin them updates because I'll be sure to keep evaluating.

lyricidal likes this.
    03-14-11 08:21 AM

Personally, I have zero problem with Lyr or his tool . I think that a little friendly competition here makes for better tools for everyone all around. At the time I started this project I was a total noob to the shrinking/hybrid business. I was having trouble using Lyr's tool, I personally found it akward to use and was unsure of the status of development of his tool at the time, as I was reading a lot of posts that were saying that his was not being updated or compatible with OS6.

I would appreciate it if the bad-mouthing of other productions stops...I work very hard on my tool and assume that Lyr does the same. There's no reason for personal conflicts to interfere with the actual production of tools that are designed to help everyone.

That being said, I do have to thank Lyr for his contributions, as he pushes me to not only expand my knowledge of the Blackberry systems, but my coding abilities as well.
    Kudos to you for everything that you have developed to this point. I've never used your tool, but that's not saying it's a bad tool. I'm sure it's sufficient to say the least. I'm also quite sure Lyr mentioned a few posts above that you're a good guy. I can't disagree with that. From everything I've seen you have been courteous, respectful, and open-minded, three things that a few other members of this forum could never dream of being.

A wise person once told me, "You're only as good as the company you keep". I think this applies quite nicely in this situation because it's a shame to see your hard work tarnished by a few ignorant individuals that just don't get it.
    lyricidal likes this.
    03-14-11 09:52 AM
    I did use BB Boss once, but I've been using BBHybrids Tool for awhile and I'm more comfortable with it. It's good to have a choice, a friendly competition makes both developers stay on the top of their game. It's a win win for everybody.
    lyricidal and funnykindel like this.
    03-14-11 10:29 AM
    I equally have zero problem with ffejrobins30 or BB Boss. As a matter of fact I even tried to help a little bit when it was first released. I fully agree that a little friendly competition makes for better tools for the end-users and that is what we are striving for.
    I can also definitely agree that we both work hard on our programs for everyone, and essentially just want the user to be happy/have the tools they need to do what they require.

My issue was with the attitude and claims that came from Suprah, other than that - on with the show!

03-14-11 10:30 PM
    Envy or jealousy? Lets make a poll.
    03-14-11 10:52 PM
    Envy or jealousy? Lets make a poll.
    Whose jealous or envious of what lol

lets all sit around the camp fire and sing why cant we be friends
    03-14-11 11:11 PM
    I won't sit around :@ why do you want to make friends? I made friends first, why are you copying me, stop copying me, I did it first and you were second, quit it now, please, you now I was first at making friends. You are not allowed to make friends after me, and if you made friends without me knowing, you are still second and I was first, therefore the best.

03-14-11 11:34 PM
    hows the latest version coming along. Really looking forward to it. Thx.
    03-19-11 01:48 AM
    currently still working on the next version, I've uploaded a minor update for the time being

v2.4.6
    - Added more shrinking options: Engineering Screen (Advanced), News (Apps), Protect (Apps), Radio (Apps), Wireless Music Sync (Apps)
    - Fixed Setup Wizard shrink for OS5

Change Log:
    Plans for v2.5
    - Backup apps to .alx file / add option to backup RIM apps as well
    - Restore apps from .alx or .jad
    - Update Latest Hybrids button (implement other sites)
    - Finish Install-A-Hybrid tab and explain how builders can implement
    - Finish feature to "Install Hybrid" in Build-a-Hybrid
    - Drag/Drop .cod files to install to device
    - Fix Phone Tools not working with passworded devices
    - Create-a-JAD: install it feature (after completion)
    - Phone dump: zip/upload
    - Radio swap - offline mode
    BigBadWulf, PiotrJot and sheldonbk like this.
    04-17-11 08:21 PM
    Sounds very cool man.

lyricidal likes this.
    04-17-11 08:45 PM
113 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD