Where is the download link for v2.4.6?
    http://bb-h.me/bbhtool4u

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    OhmEye likes this.
    04-18-11 09:18 AM
    << Complete noob!

I am contemplating the very first tweaking of my BB and will be trying to upgrade a 4.5 Telus OS to a 5.0. I have noticed in posts that there may? be issues with this tool for 5.0.. yes? no?
    04-27-11 12:27 PM
    I tried shrinking my OS (8520 OS5.0.0.1067) the other day, and when I installed it on to my BB, BBM wasn't installed, and I didn't shrink it out.

I shrink everything except BBM, MemoPad, Tasks, Gmail, Voice Notes Recorder, Default Ringtones, and English UK.

I tried reinstalling the OS, checking all the BBM cods were there, then removed all bbm files with BBSAK and installing OTA from the BB site, and to no avail. I then replaced all the shrunk out files, reinstalled the OS without reshrinking, and then only it worked.

The first time this happened with BB Boss Shrinker, but I could fix it with BBHybrids Tool (not sure which version it was). Now this is happening with BBHT, but I haven't tried fixing it with BBBS though.
    I've been using BBHT since it was called Shrink-a-OS, so I'm not sure if it was a new file that I removed that I wasn't supposed to, or what?
    05-08-11 05:57 AM
    Download Here

v2.4 is now live with these changes:
    - Added "Browse" to Create-A-JAD to browse for files instead of Drag & Drop
    - Added "Custom Shrink" button - see how-to for further info
    - Added "Offline Mode" for Build A Hybrid (use OS folders on PC)
    - Added "Restore Java" button to restore original Java folder
    - Added "Recover Memory" to "Phone Tools" tab
    - Added "Restore" for Third-Party Apps
    - Added @BBTweaks and @Driphter_Com to Latest Tweet choices
    - Added description to "Phone Tools" tab, as many users were not sure what was available
    - Added download links to "Latest BBHybrids"
    - Added file count to Shrink-A-OS
    - Added settings for all tabs to BBHToolSettings.ini
    - Added more URL shortening service choices: issimo.me, ota4.me, bl4q.me
    - Fixed Browse for settings file
    - Fixed handling of "&" in URL shortening
    - Fixed Phone Tools not connecting to phone with new JavaLoader
    - Fixed start-up message selection not being saved
    - Fixed Total Files count visibility in Phone Tools
    - Fixed some shrink items that were causing boot-up errors
    - Optimized Create-A-JAD code
    - Optimied Latest BBHybrid/Latest OS code
    - Optimized Tweet Pulling code
    - Updated How-to with info on new additions
    - Updated Save Apps, now creates .jad files as well
    - Various UI changes/fixes
    - Renamed Settings file to BBHToolSettings.ini

Download Here
    v2.4 doesn't work for me. D: can't convert .cod's into .alx, etc.
    how about make a install jad like in BBSAK. for some reason, BBSAK doesn't work for me. boo.
    05-19-11 04:19 AM
    Minor updates: BBHybrids Tool (Public Version) - Downloads - BBH-Plus Forums

v2.4.8
    - Added shrink for PIMClient by China Mobile (Apps) and G3eWalk by aspire-tech (Apps)
    - Updated tool tips for some items
    - Renamed "Defaults" group to "Media"

v2.4.7
    - Added shrink for Amazon MP3 Music Store (OS7)
    - Updated shrinking for Backup Assisstant, Hindi, Vietnamese
    FRanatic, mirren and Marauder2k9 like this.
    06-11-11 11:27 AM
    Thank you so much for one of the best tool for the business Lyr!

lyricidal likes this.
    06-11-11 09:16 PM
    Thank you so much for one of the best tool for the business Lyr!

agreed!
    10char
    lyricidal likes this.
    06-12-11 01:37 AM
    Update coming this weekend:

v2.4.9.1
    - Added App Read button to PlayBook
    - Added save App Read/Device Info to .txt buttons
    - Added launch .BAR after install option
    - Added progress bar to PlayBook tab
    - Added .APK installer for Android/Android Player on PlayBook
    - Fixed mutliple .BAR un/installation
    - Various GUI changes/fixes
    bklyneddie, FRanatic and cobracam like this.
    07-22-11 08:17 PM
    Perfect timing. I'm going to upgrade next week.
    lyricidal likes this.
    07-22-11 08:34 PM
    Awesome leap forward !!

Great progress on the PlayBook tab. I won't be able to use it, due to the lack of a PB, but I'm sure it works just fine !

Keep it up. We might even see a ota downloader which accepts all links
    Just kidding, like I said...a job well baked !
    lyricidal likes this.
    07-23-11 05:09 PM
    does this tool work with OS 6.0.0.600??
    thnx
    07-27-11 05:20 AM
    thnx
    Yes. I haven't had any issues with it.

lyricidal likes this.
    07-27-11 05:24 AM
    OS7 support coming?
    08-10-11 08:58 AM
    Is it possible for the tool, when creating the third party backup jads, to include the rim cod size line for all the cods?

They dont work when trying to install them on device because that line is missing on all the jads.
    09-05-11 02:37 AM
    Updated to v 2.4.9.3: http://bb-h.me/GetBBHTool

Change Log:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    v2.4.9.3
    - Added "Create Desktop Shortcut Button" to Start tab
    - Added ability to install .rem (app world backups) files to phone
    - Added deletion of new Vendor.Xml file
    - Added shrink items: Croation (Languages), Latin Truetype(Fonts), PDFToGo (DocsToGo)
    - Fixed Backup/Restore of Third Party Apps (currently .jad only)
    - Updated JavaLoader.exe (from BlackBerry JDE 7.0 Beta 2)
    - Updated shrink for: Themes (Defaults), European (Fonts)
    - Updated Device dropdown list
    - Removed "SIM Card Capabilites" shrink

and to answer some questions:

thnx
    Yes it certainly does!

OS7 support coming?
    Yup already supports OS7 (from the previous leaks)

Is it possible for the tool, when creating the third party backup jads, to include the rim cod size line for all the cods?

They dont work when trying to install them on device because that line is missing on all the jads.
    It does have these lines, but the way its done doesn't work correctly when installed via media card. I will be looking into a fix for this next version
    zocster and cobracam like this.
    09-21-11 09:57 PM
    When I choose 'Put It Back', the .alx files remain in the 'RemovedFiles' folder..
    09-22-11 09:52 PM
    Anybody else getting a timeout when clicking on DL on the bbh website?
    09-26-11 01:57 PM
    When I choose 'Put It Back', the .alx files remain in the 'RemovedFiles' folder..
    I will investigate this ASAP. [edit: FIXED]

Sorry man but you need to know the ugly true so that you can fix the issues.Ialways appreaciated the functionality of the BB Hybrid tool but not this time!
    I have spent the last 2 hours moving CODs and Alx back and foward because something is messed up
    Plus as the guy said below the put back option doesn't work at all as the alx wont go back or even worse will go into the java folder.
    Languages get removed without having flagged the ceckbox and worst of all the app seems to remove something it shouldn't so you get both 602 or varoius uncaught exceptions, ringtones,music and default videos don't get removed as well.
    I never had this issues with OS 6 as the app worked perfectly please I am advising you to fix it ASAP.
    PS this is happening with your latest build which has not fixed the problem at all....

Thank you in advance

Regards
    Which language gets removed when you don't check it? Please give me an example that I can work with, not just a broad statement. I've never had issues with the languages. Put It Back will be looked at, it has worked previously, so shouldn't be a hard fix. [edit: FIXED] Did you also remove Voice Activated Dialing? thats most likely what caused your error 602. It has been said that you can't shrink it out of OS7, but it seems some people can. (Carrier related maybe?)

One tip for you when you shrink fonts( i only keep times new roman) the latin true type gets deleted from there app error 602. As you well know the net_rim_font_latin_truetype.cod is part of the core OS, therefore it cannot be deleted.
    yes it can be deleted. It will remove the default font, which will be replaced with a system font. I tested this before releasing.

I just saw it now.....- Added shrink items: Croation (Languages), Latin Truetype(Fonts), PDFToGo (DocsToGo).
    You have done it on purpose :O as a hybrid builder don't you knowthat latin cannot be deleted??It's the browser default font
    lots of people will get mad lol
    try clicking the button and see that it says a message:

"This is the default BlackBerry font. Removal may result in undesired effecs. Are you sure you would like to remove the Latin Truetype font?"

Chances are you clicked Select All, which doesn't seem to show this message. That I can fix. [edit: FIXED]

I do kinda know what I'm doing...

Anybody else getting a timeout when clicking on DL on the bbh website?
    might be an issue with the site, is it still occurring?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I will be working on a minor update to address the issues above

::EDIT: I'm not having any issues with Put It Back, @tryfe what is it saying/doing? I've corrected the files that do no get restored: BackupAssistant_v61.alx, some of the vvm files, as well as the .alx files that do not go back to the correct folder
    Last edited by lyricidal; 09-26-11 at 05:31 PM.
    09-26-11 04:32 PM
    I will investigate this ASAP.

Which language gets removed when you don't check it? Give me an example that I can work with, not just a broad statement. Put It Back will be looked at, it has worked previously, so shouldn't be a hard fix. Let me guess: you also removed Voice Activated Dialing? thats most likely what caused your error 602. This is a known issue that you can't shrink it out of OS7.

yes it can be deleted. It will remove the default font, which will be replaced with a system font. I tested this before releasing.

try clicking the button and see that it says a message:

"This is the default BlackBerry font. Removal may result in undesired effecs. Are you sure you would like to remove the Latin Truetype font?"

Chances are you clicked Select All, which doesn't seem to show this message. That I can fix.

I do kinda know what I'm doing...

might be an issue with the site, is it still occurring?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I will be working on a minor update to address the issues above

::EDIT: I'm not having any issues with Put It Back, @tryfe what is it saying/doing?
    I'd shrink out whatever & then put it back. Either the .alx files would remain in the Removed folder or get moved to the Java folder. Also, i've been able to shrink out Voice Activated Dialing with no issues on my 9930.

EDIT: It's only certain .alx files...not all of them.
    09-26-11 05:06 PM
    I'd shrink out whatever & then put it back. Either the .alx files would remain in the Removed folder or get moved to the Java folder. Also, i've been able to shrink out Voice Activated Dialing with no issues on my 9930.
    Thanks for the quick response - was this for all .alx files? I have now recognized that some of the .alx files dont go to the correct folder - got it fixed already

Hm, I've had many users that have messaged me RE: shrinking VAD causing an error - wonder if thats a carrier thing or what
    09-26-11 05:08 PM
    Thanks for the quick response - was this for all .alx files? I have now recognized that some of the .alx files dont go to the correct folder - got it fixed already

Hm, I've had many users that have messaged me RE: shrinking VAD causing an error - wonder if thats a carrier thing or what
    Just selected to shrink everything and put it all back....

Here's what left in the RemovedFiles folder:
    BackupAssistant_v61.alx
    DocumentsToGo.alx
    net_rim_platform_resource__vi__MultiTap.cod

Here's the .ALX files placed in the Java folder:
    CMRead_v60.alx
    LunarCalendar_v50.alx
    MobileMarket.alx
    Music_v60.alx
    net_rim_bb_appworld.alx
    net_rim_bb_dryad.alx
    net_rim_bb_podcasts.alx
    net_rim_bb_youtube.alx
    SlackerRadio_v70.alx
    09-26-11 05:27 PM
    Yup got em all nailed now this was caused by my use of wildcards without a file extension [for those that care ] which caused any .alx that had the same name as the .cod was being moved into Java folder

Just selected to shrink everything and put it all back....

Here's what left in the RemovedFiles folder:
    BackupAssistant_v61.alx
    DocumentsToGo.alx
    net_rim_platform_resource__vi__MultiTap.cod

Here's the .ALX files placed in the Java folder:
    CMRead_v60.alx
    LunarCalendar_v50.alx
    MobileMarket.alx
    Music_v60.alx
    net_rim_bb_appworld.alx
    net_rim_bb_dryad.alx
    net_rim_bb_podcasts.alx
    net_rim_bb_youtube.alx
    SlackerRadio_v70.alx
    changes so far:

- Fixed warning messages that show for Latin Truetype (Default font) and Ringtones
    - Fixed items that were not getting put back when using Put It Back
    Last edited by lyricidal; 09-26-11 at 05:35 PM.
    tryfe likes this.
    09-26-11 05:32 PM
    I'm sure there's a good chance I'm just completely useless :/ but... on Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 32bit I cannot for the life of me use the Create-A-Jad :|
    It will not allow me to drag and drop cods or alx or well... anything. When I'm dragging cods into the box (where it specifically says to drop them into) my cursor goes into a circle with a line through it (the same "oh no you don't" cursor you'd get if you tried to drag and drop something to the system clock in the windows taskbar)

Also if I use the "Add .COD Files" button, it will indeed create a jad for me, but not one I can use to install apps. It will throw the following error:

"Error: Invalid manifest or applications descriptor.

The "RIM-COD-Size" attribute is missing."

using BBH-Tool public 2.4.9.3

10-03-11 04:04 AM
    I'm sure there's a good chance I'm just completely useless :/ but... on Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 32bit I cannot for the life of me use the Create-A-Jad :|
    It will not allow me to drag and drop cods or alx or well... anything. When I'm dragging cods into the box (where it specifically says to drop them into) my cursor goes into a circle with a line through it (the same "oh no you don't" cursor you'd get if you tried to drag and drop something to the system clock in the windows taskbar)

Also if I use the "Add .COD Files" button, it will indeed create a jad for me, but not one I can use to install apps. It will throw the following error:

"Error: Invalid manifest or applications descriptor.

The "RIM-COD-Size" attribute is missing."

using BBH-Tool public 2.4.9.3

Hm, not sure why it wouldn't allow you to drag/drop - have you tried this:
    right click .exe, click Run as Admin? also do you have .net framework 3.5 or higher installed?

Those are the only few things I can personally think of that may be causing that issue - if anyone else has some insight, feel free to throw it in here

in regards to the .jad it creates - are you trying to install it via sd card? it will work OTA (hosted online somewhere) but won't work via sd card (an issue that I'm working on, explained why it happened a few posts ago - will repost )

::EDIT:

It does have these lines, but the way its done doesn't work correctly when installed via media card. I will be looking into a fix for this next version
    To further explain (I thought my explanation explained it better than it does ) when installing from the sd card, its expecting a:

RIM-COD-Size: #####
    RIM-COD-URL: file.cod

but the way its created currently, it begins as:

RIM-COD-Size-1:
    RIM-COD-URL-1:

skipping the required/expected one above - although it works fine OTA
    Last edited by lyricidal; 10-03-11 at 04:20 PM.
    10-03-11 04:15 PM
    Hm, not sure why it wouldn't allow you to drag/drop - have you tried this:
    right click .exe, click Run as Admin? also do you have .net framework 3.5 or higher installed?

Those are the only few things I can personally think of that may be causing that issue - if anyone else has some insight, feel free to throw it in here

in regards to the .jad it creates - are you trying to install it via sd card? it will work OTA (hosted online somewhere) but won't work via sd card (an issue that I'm working on, explained why it happened a few posts ago - will repost )

::EDIT:

To further explain (I thought my explanation explained it better than it does ) when installing from the sd card, its expecting a:

RIM-COD-Size: #####
    RIM-COD-URL: file.cod

but the way its created currently, it begins as:

RIM-COD-Size-1:
    RIM-COD-URL-1:

skipping the required/expected one above - although it works fine OTA
    sorry, i missed the little line about not working on SDcard hah. I'll set up apache on my box and check the OTA in a lil bit. But, apart from that i still cannot drag and drop, i have .NET Framework 4 Client Profile and .NET Framework 4 Extended (both are version 4.0.30319) installed according to Control Panel -> Programs -> Programs and Features. And i've right clicked and run as admin :/
    lyricidal likes this.
    10-04-11 02:27 PM
113 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD