Venc make sure you disconnect from the internet before clicking next. Close out DM and unplug your berry but this time disconnect from the internet. See if that works.
    I already disconnected from the internet, before I opened DM

Update: So I disconnected the phone and closed DM. Reconnected the phone, started DM, and it tells me there are apps to update, I hit update then it just says "No software update is required..."
    Last edited by Venc; 03-22-09 at 01:23 PM.
    03-22-09 01:21 PM
    I think I am going to wait a couple of days...the noobs like me seem to be having trouble....
    " Starting to enjoy the phone" ....thats what its all about.

One man's "magic" is another man's engineering.
    03-22-09 01:25 PM

True there is nothing better than getting headaches trying to fix an electronic . It is just what I love to do (not being sarcastic)
    03-22-09 01:26 PM

oh I love V1....I was at the club on friday and one of my buddies who works for verizon and has the storm was playing with it and couldn't believe how much faster it is...He only has .109....He said the instructions for V1 looked to complicated. I told him just watch the video as you do it and it was easy as pie.
    03-22-09 01:27 PM
    I already disconnected from the internet, before I opened DM

Update: So I disconnected the phone and closed DM. Reconnected the phone, started DM, and it tells me there are apps to update, I hit update then it just says "No software update is required..."
    Keep your internet connected up to the point where it gives you choices as to what upgrades you want. Then at that point disconnect from internet and proceed.
    03-22-09 01:27 PM
    True there is nothing better than getting headaches trying to fix an electronic . It is just what I love to do (not being sarcastic)
    "If it ain't broke...fix it anway" (cruz)
    03-22-09 01:29 PM
    Keep your internet connected up to the point where it gives you choices as to what upgrades you want. Then at that point disconnect from internet and proceed.
    Now it just doesn't tell me I need to upgrade anything

True words of wisdom
    03-22-09 01:31 PM
    LOL on that note I am running to chipotle...BRB
    03-22-09 01:31 PM
    Now it just doesn't tell me I need to upgrade anything

True words of wisdom
    That is very strange. Cruz any ideas/suggestions?
    03-22-09 01:37 PM
    He said the instructions for V1 looked to complicated. I told him just watch the video as you do it and it was easy as pie.
    He is a Verizon rep and he said it looked to complicated?.. Lol. With everyone who has been helping out w/directions, I have personally seen three 2 year old children loading them onto devices....

Oh ok, I'm lying :-) Just thought I would get a laugh..
    Last edited by Brockmant; 03-22-09 at 01:41 PM.
    03-22-09 01:38 PM
    i just did that and it took like 30 sec to do

It didn't ask me about downgrading or anything
    When loading the app loader the downgrade option should be the second option to bubble in. See pictures in first post. I think you may be leaving the first bubble option bubbled in.
    03-22-09 01:41 PM
    That is very strange. Cruz any ideas/suggestions?
    If the DM doesn't see any file changes, and he hasn't made any calls or changed anything on the device, on connection and thru the backup scan all is identical..it may not do anything, either that or he's reached his "tinkering" limit and actually has to use the phone now.
    03-22-09 01:42 PM
    When loading the app loader the downgrade option should be the second option to bubble in. See pictures in first post. I think you may be leaving the first bubble option bubbled in.
    There is no second option, all I get is checking the device > Select Apps to load > Updating > Finish

Nothing else! Check different times when I was following the instructions, just like the three 2 yrs-old kids did. lol
    03-22-09 01:43 PM
    If the DM doesn't see any file changes, and he hasn't made any calls or changed anything on the device, on connection and thru the backup scan all is identical..it may not do anything, either that or he's reached his "tinkering" limit and actually has to use the phone now.
    I installed it last night, since then I have update three apps, installed two, and made a 911 call by mistake thanks to SmrtGuard
    03-22-09 01:44 PM
    There is no second option, all I get is checking the device > Select Apps to load > Updating > Finish

Nothing else! Check different times when I was following the instructions, just like the three 2 yrs-old kids did. lol
    Ahhaa, no were getting somewhere.
    03-22-09 01:45 PM
    I installed it last night, since then I have update three apps, installed two, and made a 911 call by mistake thanks to SmrtGuard
    If you just have to....do a jlcommander wipe, then reinstall, or clear the device with the intrinsic phone clear.
    03-22-09 01:50 PM
    Thanks to the OP and bbcrackman for this! Installed, pulled battery, and now my phone is fast as all heck! 47.69MB free at startup.
    03-22-09 01:51 PM
    If you just have to....do a jlcommander wipe, then reinstall, or clear the device with the intrinsic phone clear.
    Yep I agree I think it may have to come to that.
    03-22-09 01:53 PM
    The jlcommander wipe sounds a little bit too extreme. And what is that "intrinsic phone clear"?
    03-22-09 01:56 PM
    And here is were you go to do that

options /security options / general settings / menu /wipe handheld. If the phone stars smoking, you've got the Obama security stuff installed.
    Last edited by cruznthru; 03-22-09 at 05:01 PM.
    Just my luck
    The jlcommander wipe sounds a little bit too extreme. And what is that "intrinsic phone clear"?
    I thought you might ask, look at post 320.
    Last edited by cruznthru; 03-22-09 at 02:00 PM.
    03-22-09 01:58 PM
    Just my luck
    Don't worry Venc will hang with you until it's done.
    03-22-09 01:59 PM
    Just my luck
    Hey Venc are you messing around with it...cause if you are just trying to doo the normal download for V2 Im scared for me....
    I thought you might ask, look at post 320.
    I saw that, I'm happy I have smrtguard now!

Ok here I go, what should I do next? (Haven't done it yet)
1,599 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD