After reading a bunch of posts on the internet and actually playing with os 6.0 on a Curve 3g. I am keeping my os 5.8. Biggest reason Is RIM has made it harder. It looks and is different. However from folder to sub folder it now takes an extra step. Try checking battery status and you will see my point. Like always I love my Curve....just waiting for the 4g.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-11 12:27 PM
    I like both OS 5 and OS 6 so I think either way you are good. Just as an FYI though, if you start typing what you are looking for in options in OS 6 it will pull it up for you without having to look, usually by the third letter. If you have Universal Search running then you can just start typing without even going into options.
    02-20-11 12:30 PM
    yea not really you can use universal search to find anything instantly faster than you could in os5. Seems like you just havent used os6 enough to know the new features which make it so much better than os5.
    02-20-11 01:20 PM
    After reading a bunch of posts on the internet and actually playing with os 6.0 on a Curve 3g. I am keeping my os 5.8. Biggest reason Is RIM has made it harder. It looks and is different. However from folder to sub folder it now takes an extra step. Try checking battery status and you will see my point. Like always I love my Curve....just waiting for the 4g.

I'm really confused about what your saying. 1st what curve is 3g? They are all edge. 2nd both os 5 and os 6 switch between folders and sub folders just the same. Options is almost just alike in both oses.how do you check your battery status. I use ALT, SHFT-H to check my battery. Again this works the same in both oses. I think you let all the haters get in your head and you didn't give os6 a real try.

Last edited by 13echo4; 02-20-11 at 01:45 PM.
    02-20-11 01:36 PM
    I'm really confused about what your saying. 1st what curve is 3g? They are all edge.

My understanding is that the 93xx series is 3G for both GSM & CDMA variants.
    02-20-11 01:43 PM
    My understanding is that the 93xx series is 3G for both GSM & CDMA variants.
    Sorry for my step out. So it is. I've got to go get me one of those. What was the point in it run os5? Dang I looked at the specs just now but I didn't pay attention. I wonder if tje spec will let it run clean. I'll check it out. Thanks for the heads up K Bear

02-20-11 02:00 PM
    I'm really confused about what your saying. 1st what curve is 3g? They are all edge. 2nd both os 5 and os 6 switch between folders and sub folders just the same. Options is almost just alike in both oses.how do you check your battery status. I use ALT, SHFT-H to check my battery. Again this works the same in both oses. I think you let all the haters get in your head and you didn't give os6 a real try.

Not true, 8330, 8530, and the 93XX series are all 3G capable. That is why you see the 9300 series commonly referred to as Curve 3G.
    02-20-11 02:10 PM
    The 93xx series is the first Curve series to have both GSM & &CDMA variants run on 3G. As already stated, the 8330 & 8530 Curves were 3G capable, while its GSM counterparts were only GPRS/GSM/EDGE capable.
    02-20-11 02:45 PM
    Hmmm cool. Are you sure 8330 and 8530 is 3g? I have a 8330 on vzm that I just unbricked for a buddy. I can't find a 3g support on it so I went to the specs on blackberry.com and they have both phones as edge networked.

02-20-11 06:02 PM
    Hmmm cool. Are you sure 8330 and 8530 is 3g? I have a 8330 on vzm that I just unbricked for a buddy. I can't find a 3g support on it so I went to the specs on blackberry.com and they have both phones as edge networked.

the 8330 is def 3g, it was the first curve that was 3g capable. I used that phone for over a year and man was it a workhorse. It was my first bb and i loved that phone to death.
    here is a link which lists its specs Verizon introduces BlackBerry Curve 8330 with 3G, GPS Today | Cell Phone News and Cell Phone Reviews: HotCellularPhone.com
    Last edited by rryoung; 02-20-11 at 06:44 PM.
    02-20-11 06:41 PM
    Cool. This is why I come to CB. I learn stuff everyday here.

02-20-11 08:50 PM
    8330 was my first BlackBerry, and was Rev 0 EVDO, which is CDMA 3G. The faster Rev A came to Tour, Bold 9650, Curve 3G (9330), and Style. The CDMA Curves weren't Edge devices at all.

02-20-11 09:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD