so i upgraded to my device to 5.0.0.230 before i noticed that BBM 5.0 won't work on this release. Not to big a deal i guess, but my question is how can i get BBM4.7 to import my contacts from my BBM 5.0 as well as the message logs? Is it even possible?

btw 5.0 has been pretty damn good for me, but i can't seem to get the battery life that most of you guys are talking about. I tend to kill my berry by the time i get home. Or at the latest by the time i go to bed (so say from at 7:00 AM to anywhere from 7PM to midnight).

thanks!
    09-25-09 10:11 AM
    I downloaded 4.7BBM after 5.0BBM got deleted when i upgraded to .230. Once it was reloaded to my phone I went to readd my contacts and all but 2 were added already.
    My battery life has been phenomenal since I upgraded to .230. I do have my screen brightness turned down to 10% and I have it set to auto dim after 10 seconds but you would be surprised how much that saves battery life. Good luck
    09-25-09 10:26 AM
    Hmm strange I did that as well and I didn't have my contacts restored.

I have the same setting for my backlight as you.... Maybe its the area I am in.

I also noticed in .230 that the inidicator for the battery on top is way off... When I have ~55% left it still shows 3/4 of a bar
    09-25-09 02:16 PM
    Hmm strange I did that as well and I didn't have my contacts restored.

I have the same setting for my backlight as you.... Maybe its the area I am in.

I also noticed in .230 that the inidicator for the battery on top is way off... When I have ~55% left it still shows 3/4 of a bar
    I upgraded to .230 last night. I was running BBM 5.0 on OS 4.7 and with the upgrade BBM 5.0 was gone, in fact i had no BBM at all. I knew OS 5.0 only runs BBM 4.7 so i downloaded it OTA (did a search here in the forums).

I looked for the Uploader backup file from the OS upgrade and i restored my bberry using DM. All my BBM contacts have been restored on BBM 4.7

Hope this helps. Battery is comparable when i was running OS 4.7 IMO, my suggestion would be to look under mobile network in the options menu and select the 1XEV option, i think that will improve your battery life.
    09-25-09 02:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD