the problem i'm having is im having major bb messenger contact issues. i can have conversations going, then my contacts will show as 'unreachable' for hours at a time. i've checked, they are available, not on phone nor phones off. i've deleted and readded contacts, tried several battery pulls. i've noticed when a contact shows like that, they can message me and i receive it, but when i go to reply it wont allow me. the lil' clock shows as if its tryin to deliver the message. idk what else to try or do. is OS the issue? i had 141 and now im on 148. and still havin it. i started at 122 i dont think i really had that issue. any suggestions???? thanks
    06-05-09 04:05 AM
    I get that with my brother but that is a loss of data signal from his side. We have replicated this many times over quite a few OS's.

If it is an OS issue just go back to using the radio for 132, I've had nothing but trouble with 141 and 148, signal fluctuates way too much for my liking. This might be what is causing your problem.
    06-05-09 05:01 AM
    ive never had this issue, and i hope i dont. my BBM works fine all of the time. sometimes i do see a mini clock next to their name but only for a short time.
    06-05-09 05:26 AM
    Its a bb issue because that happened to me and I don't have a storm I deleted BBM and then reinstalled and I STILL have the same problem, just not as often. You should try reinstalling might help?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-09 05:43 AM
    The clock is not for "unreachable" it is for "busy" so if it shows the clock that can mean they haven't read or acknowledged the message yet. If it is unreachable it will give a different symbol.
    06-05-09 09:34 AM
    Mine does this randomly as well. The contacts are available for sure. i sms them to find out. i don't have the clock icon showing but the unreachable icon (as if they are on a phone call, but they are not).

The clock that the OP is referring to is not by the contacts name (as in they have the convo open but have not read). The clock shows instead of the check mark when trying to send a message. The icon stays permanently, then the contacts icon has an unreachable over them. Notice the UNREACHABLE, last face.

The only that that clears the issue for me is a reset. It's a pain! This happens randomly with every contact every day!

For the record i have VZW 8330 running 4.5.0.77.

AND
    06-05-09 09:35 AM
    ok, so i downgraded back to .132 last night. been workin ok since. but then again its too early to tell.. 141 and 148 were good at the beginnin then things go bad.. the messages wont deliver, the clock shows as if its trying to, but then adds a little red "x" to it... and my contact goes unreachable... yea it gets annoyin and having to add and delete ppl or tell them to re add me!! haha
    06-05-09 01:06 PM
    let me bump this real quick...with a little update.. storm kept doin that messenger problem, so i switched sim card back to my curve and messenger has been workin flawlessly since yesterday... i gotta fig. out why it does that..

any new tips for that??
    06-07-09 04:06 PM
    between my upgrades and now downgrade, i've never done a wipe to the phone.. im considering it, maybe its a glitch and fixed?? i been searchin and reading on wiping a phone and all.... what does everybody think??
    06-08-09 02:27 AM
    between my upgrades and now downgrade, i've never done a wipe to the phone.. im considering it, maybe its a glitch and fixed?? i been searchin and reading on wiping a phone and all.... what does everybody think??
    Give it a try and post the results. i am still getting the BBM glitch everyday. It's obnoxious!
    06-12-09 02:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD