I installed the updated version of BB Messenger. When I open the app and click on a contact to message them nothing happens. When I click on anything nothing happens. I have tried uninstalling and installing BB Messenger and that did not help. Any ideas?
    10-16-09 03:13 PM
    I had the same issue after installing the new version, I did a battery pull and then tried to open it again. Still no luck. After trying to open the messenger for the third time i selected it and just waited, took like 5 minutes to open. After that it has been fine.

Not sure what the problem is but that last time did the trick, no more issues.

After using the new BBM 5 for a couple of days i have noticed that when i try to send an sms message it sits on the screen before it sends, this has only happend since installing BBM 5.
    10-16-09 05:47 PM
    I've tried doing a battery pull also. I able to open Messenger. When I click on a contact to send a message nothing happens. Also when I clock to edit my profile nothing happens.
    10-17-09 12:48 PM
    i am have the same issues with my 8830....I installed the updated version of BB Messenger. When I open the app and click on a contact to message them nothing happens. When I click on anything nothing happens. I have tried uninstalling and installing BB Messenger and that did not help...i have also updated my service books, and STILL nothing.....what gives?
    10-18-09 09:37 AM
    I'm having the same problem. When installed it I could use it just fine for a while. Then a few minutes later it wouldn't respond anymore. I can get into the app but as th OP said, when I try to click on a contact or edit my profile it does nothing. The only thing I can do is minimize contacts and groups and create a new group. That is it. Anyone have a solution or idea as to what's going on?
    10-19-09 07:16 AM
    I have been having this problem since i got the new bbm 5.0. I had the unreleased version and that was working perfectly fine. When i updated to the released version from RIM my status wont update at all. I tried uninstalling bbm and reinstalling it. and nothing seems to work.
    10-19-09 08:48 AM
    Yeah i uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail.
    10-19-09 05:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD