Hi, how are you? I've got the following problem:

I have BBM 7 on my old device (Bold 9780, OS 6), and want to transfer my BBM contacts to my new device (Curve 9320, OS 7)...

I had BB ID on my old phone, and when I log in with BB ID in my new phone, my BBM contact list is empty...

How can I transfer my BBM contacts to my new phone?

THANK YOU!
    05-16-13 12:20 PM
    If you have not done so yet you need to open the actual BBM program before it will add your contacts. If that is not the problem I am not sure what is.
    05-16-13 12:26 PM
    If you have not done so yet you need to open the actual BBM program before it will add your contacts. If that is not the problem I am not sure what is.
    I can't open BBM on any device without first logging in BB ID...

Or were you meaning to do something else? Could you explain with more detail please?
    05-16-13 12:33 PM
    My apologies, I answered this question believing you were on a BB10 device. I never had a BBOS 7 device so cannot answer this question.

Again I'm sorry for misleading you.
    05-16-13 12:47 PM
    you sign in with your BBID, establish whatever your principle e-mail address from your old device was onto the new device then open BBM and the server will send you an e-mail to your berry which BBM will basically process and add your contacts.

couple of notes.. your original device (Bold) will need to have the option to backup contacts by e-mail address enabled (if that isn't automatic in BBM 7.. can't recall at the moment and cant find the setting on my curve 8520) your contacts will all also likely have to re-ad you since your new device has a new PIN so their old contact info for you will no longer work.

if that doesn't work for you, post back and someone here will help you get an answer.
    05-16-13 12:58 PM
    you sign in with your BBID, establish whatever your principle e-mail address from your old device was onto the new device then open BBM and the server will send you an e-mail to your berry which BBM will basically process and add your contacts.

your original device (Bold) will need to have the option to backup contacts by e-mail address enabled (if that isn't automatic in BBM 7.. can't recall at the moment and cant find the setting on my curve 8520) your contacts will all also likely have to re-ad you since your new device has a new PIN so their old contact info for you will no longer work.
    paper_monkey, email backup isn't able in BBM 7... And yes, contacts must add me again anyway... But it would be extremely useful for me if I could have my BBM contact list on my new device!

Any other suggestions?
    05-16-13 02:41 PM
    paper_monkey, email backup isn't able in BBM 7... And yes, contacts must add me again anyway... But it would be extremely useful for me if I could have my BBM contact list on my new device!

Any other suggestions?
    sorry 'bout that.. I recently tried out a 9900 and it went through the e-mail contact recovery when switching devices through desktop software from a curve 8520..

I'll see what I can try to dig up tonight..
    05-16-13 03:30 PM
    I haven't been able to dig anything usefull up yet.. Have you solved your problem yet?
    05-17-13 02:02 PM
    I haven't been able to dig anything usefull up yet.. Have you solved your problem yet?
    I haven't yet... I also posted on BB Comunity Forums but didn't get any help :/
    05-18-13 10:17 AM
    I already solved the problem, thanks for your help!

I thought that my new OS7 device already had BBM 7 installed yet... But on BB World I noticed that it had BBM 6 installed... So when I upgraded to BBM 7, BB ID proceeded loading my old BBM contacts! And that was it! :P

Thanks for your time and attention!
    05-21-13 12:11 PM
    Hi, how are you? I've got the following problem:

I have BBM 7 on my old device (Bold 9780, OS 6), and want to transfer my BBM contacts to my new device (Curve 9320, OS 7)...

I had BB ID on my old phone, and when I log in with BB ID in my new phone, my BBM contact list is empty...

How can I transfer my BBM contacts to my new phone?

THANK YOU!
    07-26-13 03:23 AM
    Glad you have this sorted. For what it's worth this occasionally happens to me with BBM when switching devices. I have three BB, a 9800 with chips and scratches for when I'm working on site. A 9800 in mint condition for when im away on holiday or out on the town and a Z10 for office and house use. The scruffier the phone the more risk i put it in of being broke or lost I digress, sometimes my BBM doesn't swap when switching between devices so what I do is soon as the phone boots up go to advance settings-host routing table-register blackberry. If you open BBM and it doesn't ask if you want to switch devices, take out the battery AND sim and restart. The sim bit is important not sure why, previously I did lots of bat pulls which didn't make a difference until I pulled the Sim.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800
    07-29-13 04:41 PM