I use a messaging app on my Bold 9930 (Facebook Messenger) because when it works, it works well. If I just use the messenger function in Facebook for Blackberry, it works inconsistently; doesn't alert me of new messages or alerts me way after message was sent.

What I don't understand is that after awhile, Facebook Messenger keeps giving the message: Connection Error and doesn't show any new or "refreshed" messages. It's so annoying.

Anybody have similar problems? Anybody even use this app? The only reason I use it because I have friends who only communicate via FB messaging.

Tx.
    06-10-14 02:01 PM
    Does sound frustrating. Only thing I can think of is delete, reboot, reinstall? Or have you tried that?
    06-11-14 07:16 AM
    Yes, I've done what you suggested before and surprisingly it does work fine for awhile after that, then it just goes loopy again. I can't see repeating that process every time it craps out on me. It probably lasts a week before it doesn't work. I wonder if this is an issue of having updated Facebook for Blackberry about a month ago. Anyone know where an older version of Facebook can be had?
    06-11-14 08:40 AM