Just wondering if anyone who is on .141/5.0 has tried out Crackman's V5 Hybrid .141 and how they compare to one another.
    05-08-09 11:01 PM
    The v5 from BB crackman came out so recently, that it's too early to have any feedback, as the OS takes some time to settle in...
    05-09-09 01:07 AM
    I would like to see this comparison as well. I currently have a 132/5.0 hybrid and love the battery life and browser speeds. I would really like to hear from someone who has upgraded from either 132/5.0 or 141/5.0 to V5/132 radio. I am really pleased with what I have now and don't want to mess up a good thing if there isnt much promise in upgrading. Thanks
    05-09-09 08:14 AM
    It is the same thing, IMO.
    (well, sort of)
    - the accelerometer is the same speed as .132/5.0
    - V5's memory management (to me) seems better
    - you might want to look into this -- some people have been
    reporting the opposite, that it has memory leaks
    - V5 seems a lot more stable
    - V5's browser, suprisingly, is the same speed as .132/5.0
    - locking/unlocking is sometimes faster than .132/5.0
    - I got an extra 5MB for some reason after getting V5. So now
    I boot with 50 MB, which drops to 43MB at most.
    - The animations in V5 are more aesthetically pleasing. .132/5.0
    is more snappy, but less animated. I guess it depends on what
    you want.

I would reccomend trying out V5; although you don't get the benefit of 5.0 files (I'm not sure what they are, but the idea is cool), I personally feel it is better.
    05-09-09 08:44 PM
    i have tried both. I used .132 - .141/5.0 hybrid first which is awesome...
    I am currently using .132-.141V5 hybrid...i had better memory (fwiw) on 5.0, but i really like this v5

I couldnt tell you the difference per say as they are both sick, but i am going to settle in on the V5 for now...it has a slight edge for "feel" on my phone.

Very nice memory allocation goes up and down a little but settles after a while..you cant go wrong with either, but i would not use the .141 gps with the 5.0 hybrid...killed my battery and seemingly my app mem.

i say give one a try, but having both i am going to go with v5 til i have an issue wiht it...
    05-09-09 09:24 PM
    - the accelerometer is the same speed as .132/5.0
    - V5's memory management (to me) seems better
    - you might want to look into this -- some people have been
    reporting the opposite, that it has memory leaks
    - V5 seems a lot more stable
    - V5's browser, suprisingly, is the same speed as .132/5.0
    - locking/unlocking is sometimes faster than .132/5.0
    - I got an extra 5MB for some reason after getting V5. So now
    I boot with 50 MB, which drops to 43MB at most.
    - The animations in V5 are more aesthetically pleasing. .132/5.0
    is more snappy, but less animated. I guess it depends on what
    you want.
    ive had the .132 v5 on for 24hrs now. i can verify all of this, except for i have a memory leak, and the browser seems quicker. i booted up at 58 and by mid-day today i was down to 39.9 with average use. i loaded lyrical's 5.0 files into it, shrunk it to bare minimum, updated, and rebooted at 55.4 and im at 41.0 right now (6hrs since adding the 5.0 java), again with average use. seems to be a little more stable with the memory since adding the 5.0's. gonna give it a couple days but so far ive been impressed.
    05-09-09 10:07 PM
    I've tried both the Lyricidals .141/ 5.0 hybrid and the V5 version. IMO, I personnaly like the Lyricidal's version better. the Browser is quicker and since I use my phone for browsing, that makes a huge impact on my desion. Also the battery life is longer on his hybrid. I currently still the V5 version on my phone. I'll give it tiill monday. If I still think Lyricidal's version is better I will be switching back.
    05-10-09 06:39 AM
    Using crackmens with 5.0 files. Works great. Everyhing seems pretty fast. I can't say it is considerably fast as sometimes it is just the excitement of having a new os. This is a great combo if anyone else wants to try it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-09 10:48 AM
    Using crackmens with 5.0 files. Works great. Everyhing seems pretty fast. I can't say it is considerably fast as sometimes it is just the excitement of having a new os. This is a great combo if anyone else wants to try it

Really? Did you drop all the 5.0 files in? I wanna try!

05-10-09 10:49 AM
    Really? Did you drop all the 5.0 files in? I wanna try!

I would like top know how you did that as well. Please share
    05-10-09 10:52 AM
    I'm running BB Crackmans .141 v5 hybrid. I was running lyricidals .141/5.0.

I uninstalled any systems in my computer. I then ran the .141 download and installed. I then went to the install link for BB Crackmans Hybrid and installed fine.

I want to give it a chance to settle into the phone for a bit before I make up my mind. Initially I'm thinking that it appears a bit slow in comparison to lyricidals. I'm seeing some clock spins and doesn't seem quite as snappy. But I'll give it some time.
    05-10-09 02:14 PM
    Have you done any battery pulls?
    Mines working fast and consistently, except for the accelerometer, which I feel lyricidal's is faster.

05-10-09 02:22 PM
    Have you done any battery pulls?
    Mines working fast and consistently, except for the accelerometer, which I feel lyricidal's is faster.

Sure did. One of the first things I did.
    05-10-09 02:25 PM
    Sure did. One of the first things I did.
    Hmm. That's odd.
    I wonder why? How long have you had the OS running?

05-10-09 02:26 PM
    im running .132 with crackmans v5 over it.. i installed it the day it came out for vip members. im very very happy with it the first thing i noticed was memory improved alot and the transition between sceens is very stable.. after i installed it i decided to wipe the handheld with jl_cmdr then reinstalled 132 and ver 5 hybrid to my computer then i then i shrunk the os and installed fresh to the phone... before all this i was running 132 v 4 and the most app mem i could get was around 30mb or so.... when i shrunk the os i got rid of anything and everything i dont use.. when the phone booted back up after a restore and three 60 second batt pulls i had about 54mb of free app mem.. now i have installed some themes and apps and all settings are like they were before the uprade and i have 43.6mb free. so yea its a sweet os... id say to anyone who is affraid or sceptical of non official os's DONT BE!
    05-10-09 02:43 PM
    Hmm. That's odd.
    I wonder why? How long have you had the OS running?

Not long at all. If you noticed in my post I said I wanted to give it some time before I made any decisions. This is just my initial look at it.
    05-10-09 03:02 PM
    im running .132 with crackmans v5 over it.. i installed it the day it came out for vip members. im very very happy with it the first thing i noticed was memory improved alot and the transition between sceens is very stable.. after i installed it i decided to wipe the handheld with jl_cmdr then reinstalled 132 and ver 5 hybrid to my computer then i then i shrunk the os and installed fresh to the phone... before all this i was running 132 v 4 and the most app mem i could get was around 30mb or so.... when i shrunk the os i got rid of anything and everything i dont use.. when the phone booted back up after a restore and three 60 second batt pulls i had about 54mb of free app mem.. now i have installed some themes and apps and all settings are like they were before the uprade and i have 43.6mb free. so yea its a sweet os... id say to anyone who is affraid or sceptical of non official os's DONT BE!
    I'm getting about 54 mb too, but that's about where I am all the time. I just don't think it makes a difference how many battery pulls you make, and as to the length of time the battery stays out I don't see how that would have an effect on anything.

Maybe it does, yours isn't the first post that specified a time for a battery pull. I just can't get my mind around the concept.
    05-10-09 03:06 PM
    I'm getting about 54 mb too, but that's about where I am all the time. I just don't think it makes a difference how many battery pulls you make, and as to the length of time the battery stays out I don't see how that would have an effect on anything.

Maybe it does, yours isn't the first post that specified a time for a battery pull. I just can't get my mind around the concept.
    If there are capacitors involved in the design, it can sometimes take a bit of time for them to completely discharge.....that's the only thing that i know of where the length of time the battery is out may make a difference.
    05-10-09 04:11 PM

oh i agree with you.. but i have heard from a few people that after a fresh os install that its good to do... i dont no why either.. maybe it give internal items a chance to cool and reset maybe? who knows but i just do it cause it cant hurt correct!!!!!!
    05-10-09 04:11 PM
    I am running BB Crackmans .141 v5 hybrid. Love it. Battery at 60% and only 1.9% / hour since 10:21pm Sat. Memory awesome. 5.0mb loss since same time with normal day use.

Hope it lasts.
    05-10-09 06:33 PM
    I'm not getting the fuzzy warms from this hybrid. After 7 hours I find the keyboard is slower. The blue light stays on longer and I am not very fast at text typing. It has reset once. It brought up a message "system busy" when I tried to do a voice call.

With lyricidal I had one reset in 7 days and that was today. I had no other issues.

One last thing: The browser seems to take forever. And the battery seems like it losing charge faster then lyricidal's. Guess that's two things.

I may give it until tomorrow but I will probably go back. YMMV

05-10-09 08:28 PM
    yea on lyricidals i left my phone on for the 9 hours i slepted and i lost like 1-3% of the battery.

with bbcrackmans i lost like 3% in an hour by just letting it be idle.
    05-10-09 08:57 PM
    i had a stock .75 storm on verizon...

backed up the phone, then the third party apps
    went ahead and updated to the .141 leak (did not wipe before-hand)
    did three battery pulls like other posters have recommended
    then loaded the v5 hybrid and did another3 batt pulls
    reloaded all service books in email and in options

has been running amazing!

phone is faster in everything it does
    memory seems to hold steady (used to start around 38 and consitently go down to 10 before reboothing, now starts at around 39 and holds steady between 20 and 30 depending on what apps are open)
    have not had a single reboot yet (i am setting up quickpull to do one daily however)

if i look close i notice the color banding but from what i gather that is the case with most leaked OS and it is only noticeable if you are looking for it on mine
    05-10-09 10:05 PM
    What do u mean when u say the animations r better on v5?

05-10-09 10:20 PM
    Oh no.....not another Color Banding issue....LOL....
    05-11-09 04:15 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD