The vendor file should be empty in a leak, so not much to shrink out, but I always remove it anyway.
    04-15-11 10:18 AM
    It turned out to be an option I missed in BB Boss' settings. You can have it remove the file automatically or leave it.
    I have it set to auto remove vendor.xml but it didn't do it!
    04-15-11 02:23 PM
    Interesting... I'll have to check that. I removed mine manually after I noticed I had not enabled the setting.
    04-15-11 07:27 PM
    On leaked OS the vendor file has no content anyway, so no real need to delete

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-11 07:32 PM
    Apologies for the noob question Im about to ask- I have searched the forums and this appears to be the best place to ask-

To shrink directly on your phone, is it a matter of simply connecting your device to pc via BB Boss and checking/unchecking options? Or is it another process? I just upgraded to OS 6 (.524) a few hours ago and used BB Boss to shrink OS on my pc before installing to 9700. I would like to shrink it more and I am looking for guidance on how to do it properly.

Im just being cautious so as not to brick my 9700

Thanks in advance
    05-03-11 09:59 AM
    I just downloaded the .exe file and Norton removed the file as it's deemed this a threat.

Threat type: Insight Network Threat. There are many indications that this file is untrustworthy and therefore not safe.

It directed me to the WS.Reputation.1 page on Symantec.
    - can't post link.

I'm already down one workstation this week and I can't compromise my laptop.

Anyone else getting this?
    05-03-11 10:10 AM
    Anyone else getting this?
    Years ago, Norton became far too invasive to run on my systems. Symantec rather went the way of AOL in my opinion. I'm running Sunbelt VIPRE and can recommend this product highly. Another AV I have had good experience with is NOD32, though I haven't been using this for the past couple years.

If you do insist on giving Symantec access to your systems, I believe that you can make BB Boss an exception in it's threat definitions. VIPRE doesn't identify a threat here.
    05-03-11 04:24 PM
    Symantec Endpoint Protection running on our corporate system does not see BB Boss as a threat and I can highly recommend BB Boss for shrinking your phone OS as well as some other handy features.
    05-04-11 10:02 AM
    This was my first time to shrink an OS (which i must say worked like a charm). I shrunk the official Bell .534 using BBBoss and now when I restart/reset I always get these 2 errors:

Uncaught exception: ApplicationRegistry.waitFor (0x70170be9d2fc292) timeout
    Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException

I searched around and found nothing; maybe because these are nothing to worry about and will not be detrimental to the performance of my bb? But i am curious as to why or was there something I deleted that may have caused these errors?

I basically followed the .bbs link above and included/deleted a few things i felt i needed/didn't need.

Now i have with around 60mb free space (awesome), but I do get those 2 errors, which I would like some clarity on just to be safe.

Thanks.
    05-08-11 01:31 PM
    What are the things that you changed? I need to know the full list of things that you deleted to help you out. There are a couple of things that can cause boot up errors like this. If the phone runs fine, then they are generally not a big deal.
    05-08-11 02:31 PM
    I basically used your link your provided as a guide,

and added:

Japanese Language files
    Japanese Font files

and deleted:

T-Mobile mobile backup
    Gmail plugin
    MSN IM
    Chinese Market
    T-Mobile Theme
    Chinese Reader

The phone is still experiencing a memory leak of 10MB everyday (after shrinking, I got 66MB free, so the leaking would leave me with 56MB) which is still good enough for me.

So far the phone seems to be working well, but the error messages I get every time I reboot just worries me; if it's affected anything on the phone.

Is it?
    05-09-11 04:19 AM
    Based on the information you've provided, you shouldn't be getting these error messages. It could be one of your 3rd party apps gone crazy oninstallation or it could be just a bad OS install. Neither of these scenarios can be helped by you.

What I would suggest doing is a wipe using the "wipe" command in BB Boss, then select "Launch App Loader" an reinstall the OS. This ensures a clean slate on the phone and the chances of having a bad OS install twice are very slim.

This is what I would do, but if you aren't experiencing any kind of major performance issue, I wouldn't stress out too much. Also, just a little bit of info for you, I get about a 15mb drop in memory after a day of use, but it then stabilizes and doesn't fluctuate much. It has a lot to do with the browser and unversal search indexing.
    05-09-11 09:15 AM
    it could be the gmail plug-in... when i was running an early stock version of OS5 (rogers version), i removed the cod of gmail plug in and i got one of those warning when booting my phone.
    05-09-11 10:51 AM
    Oh, okay. I'll give that a try. But if i wipe the phone using that command, will I lose all my applications that I've downloaded before?

I've fixed it using the 'wipe' command! Thank you so much!!!
    Last edited by zyann; 05-11-11 at 05:26 AM.
    05-10-11 10:45 AM
    Sorry for the dumb question, but can someone with an AT&T 9700 make use of your T-Mobile 9700 settings file without encountering any issues? I've been away from BB for over a year now and I'm just installing OS6 on my 9700 for the first time.

Thank you

05-19-11 11:07 AM
    it works for me. it automaticaly delete vendor.xml

try running it as administrator
    05-20-11 02:33 AM
    I am trying to use the shrink on phone option, but I receive a error.

List index (-1) out of bounds

Press OK to ignore and risk data corruption.
    Press Cancel to kill the program.

I have tried to click ok, but nothing happens.
    05-23-11 01:54 PM
    Hey guys, undoubtedly this will have been answered somewhere but I've been going round in circles for the past hour so figured the best thing to would be to just ask.

Trying to run v2.2.2 on a Windows 7 x64 system but getting a "Directory does not contain any Loader Files" error on start up. Am I right in thinking this was a common issue for x64 users with the previous version of BB Boss but that the latest version should now be universally compatible?

Is there something that needs doing on install/start up that I've omitted to do or perhaps a separate download link for a x64 version that I've missed?

Any help greatly appreciated.
    05-24-11 10:55 AM
    Will there be newer version than 2.2 or 2.2.2?
    05-24-11 08:57 PM
    I was able to do it directly through the phone and got good results, except now, as I expected, am getting couple of error messages when I reboot my device. They are

"Uncaught exception: ApplicationRegistry.waitFor (ox7017obe9d2fc292)timeout"

and

"Uncaught exception: Java.lang.NullPointerException"

I don't know how they are affecting my phone as it works as good as it did before shrinking and I haven't seen any errors while using my phone. Just wondering if anyone seen these errors and what can be done about them.

Thanks.
    05-25-11 06:43 AM
    I was able to do it directly through the phone and got good results, except now, as I expected, am getting couple of error messages when I reboot my device. They are

"Uncaught exception: ApplicationRegistry.waitFor (ox7017obe9d2fc292)timeout"

and

"Uncaught exception: Java.lang.NullPointerException"

I don't know how they are affecting my phone as it works as good as it did before shrinking and I haven't seen any errors while using my phone. Just wondering if anyone seen these errors and what can be done about them.

Thanks.
    Typically, your event log viewer will provide some good clues as to the cause of these errors. Hold <alt> as you press LGLG and scroll down through the list until you see entries in bold.

Are these the error messages that you've seen upon reboot? What events are logged immediately prior to these messages? More often than not, my experience has been that by simply uninstalling and then reinstalling an offending third-party app is all that it takes to put a stop to the errors and get all your kids playing together well with each other again.
    05-25-11 12:40 PM
    I tried to view the event log viewer but after shrinking, I seem to have lost the function and now ALT LGLG doesn't do anything for me.

I see these messages as soon as I reboot and the phone restarts. I press OK and things just come back to normal. I suspect I uninstalled something I wasn't supposed to, though I followed instructions.

I am thinking about installing the leaked .5476 OS and hoping it'll fix the problem. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    05-25-11 03:52 PM
    I tried to view the event log viewer but after shrinking, I seem to have lost the function and now ALT LGLG doesn't do anything for me.

I see these messages as soon as I reboot and the phone restarts. I press OK and things just come back to normal. I suspect I uninstalled something I wasn't supposed to, though I followed instructions.

I am thinking about installing the leaked .5476 OS and hoping it'll fix the problem. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Just be certain not to shrink out "Event Log Viewer" on the install and you should be fine.
    05-25-11 04:20 PM
    hopefully this works on my Windows 32-bit! BBSAK and BMCP failed miserably. D:
    05-28-11 10:13 PM
    okay, just downloaded and it didn't work. D;
    05-28-11 10:17 PM
331 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD