01-12-14 02:55 PM
331 ... 34567 ...
tools
    I feel stupid but I dont know how to install

wiped my phone with bbsak (hadnt seen a new release of boss!)

imported your setting file and then I hit direct shrink on phone....Nothing
    It mentions coonecting and asks if i wanna remove 0 files i say yes and nothing happens

modify os on disk changed the file and had a status bar on the program but my phone still is the same at error 507 screen....

Am i a moron?
    Did you install the OS to your phone? Error 507 is because you did the wipe but did not actually install an OS onto your phone.

looks like i have found the solution to my problem regarding chinese font...

for those who needs to read chinese, do NOT check off "monotype," if selected, this will remove the COD file "net_rim_font_monotype_hkscs" which is needed for the chinese text.

I just confirmed it by loading that specific file on BBSAK
    Glad to hear that you got it figured out. I try to do a lot of compatibility testing, but since I can't possibly test every scenario, it ultimatly falls on the user to make sure everything runs right on their device.

You guys are my ultimate beta testers, so thanks for the info.
    03-20-11 03:34 PM
    no problem. however, i find it a bit odd that i looked at ALL asian languages and the thai and viet... but expecially japanese and korean had different modules then the chinese font set. the modules for japanese and korean weren't the set modules as chinese.

but anyway, in case someone ran into the same problem as i did...
    Last edited by CrazyJo82; 03-20-11 at 07:01 PM.
    03-20-11 06:43 PM
    yeah, there are some Transcoding modules that I am stil trying to figure out where they belong, a couple of them belong to the other Asian languages. That's why there are some extras that you see with some languages and not others.
    03-20-11 07:43 PM
    i had a question say for example i remove a language with desktop manager, is removing it from there and BB boss the same thing or do i have to check it in bb boss aswell and what would happen if i do check it in BB boss?
    Last edited by surfguy17; 03-20-11 at 09:31 PM.
    03-20-11 09:27 PM
    Help !!! when i plug in my phone to charge I don't see the blinking thunder blot.Now I'm not sure if my phone is charging.Not sure if its from the results of shrinking,has anyone ever had this problem ?
    03-21-11 01:32 PM
    Help !!! when i plug in my phone to charge I don't see the blinking thunder blot.Now I'm not sure if my phone is charging.Not sure if its from the results of shrinking,has anyone ever had this problem ?
    Did you change your OS version? This is a difference between OS versions and should have nothing to do with the shrink process

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-11 02:01 PM
    Yea I installed a 6.0.461 hybrid before I upgraded to 6.0.499. Not trying to blame BB boss just trying to figure out the problem.So if I do a wipe and reinstall 6.0.499 would that fix the problem ?
    03-21-11 02:13 PM
    Yea I installed a 6.0.461 hybrid before I upgraded to 6.0.499. Not trying to blame BB boss just trying to figure out the problem.So if I do a wipe and reinstall 6.0.499 would that fix the problem ?
    It should...
    03-21-11 04:41 PM
    I tried this software to shrink, on two occassions, I was unable to remove the introductory videos. I tried the other tool, and it worked fine. Why was this. I tried on a official .448 on a 9700 and a leaked .461.

I run an old PC as my updated gear runs linux. The PC runs Windows XP SP3 thanks.
    03-22-11 03:01 AM
    It should...
    Figured out what the problem was,it was the theme I was using.By the way BB boss 2.2 is a great software,saved me a lot of memory.Already donated.
    03-22-11 02:32 PM
    i had a question say for example i remove a language with desktop manager, is removing it from there and BB boss the same thing or do i have to check it in bb boss aswell and what would happen if i do check it in BB boss while i had it removed in DM?
    bump.

any ideas?
    03-23-11 10:13 PM
    bump.

any ideas?
    You could shrink the languages with Boss then it won't show up in DM or Apploader when loading the OS. Or you could just leave them and then don't install them with DM or Apploader. The end result would be the same.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-11 11:27 PM
    i had a question say for example i remove a language with desktop manager, is removing it from there and BB boss the same thing or do i have to check it in bb boss aswell and what would happen if i do check it in BB boss?
    removing the languages in DM will have the same effect as removing them in BB Boss. languages are one of the things that are more or less redundant actions. It's mainly so you get a good idea of what is actually going to be on the device when you load the OS on.

There are a lot of things that can only be removed using shrinking tools. Such as fonts and most of the core apps.
    03-23-11 11:28 PM
    ah ok thanks
    03-24-11 07:52 AM
    so if i download an OS from blackberry's website and install it and i wipe my phone and select the options i want with BB boss how do i install that specific OS to my phone?
    03-25-11 12:10 AM
    so if i download an OS from blackberry's website and install it and i wipe my phone and select the options i want with BB boss how do i install that specific OS to my phone?
    The only 100% reliable way is to download the installation file of the OS that you want. Go to Control Panel and uninstall any previous version that you have installed to your computer. Install the OS file that you just downloaded, shrink it, and choose "Launch App Loader" from the action menu in BB Boss. App Loader will automatically detect your device and prompt you through the installation of the OS that you have installed to the computer.
    03-25-11 12:17 AM
    i tried to download boss but my antivirus thinks its a virus
    03-25-11 08:01 AM
    I can't download the exe at work... is this available as a zip file somewhere?
    03-25-11 04:37 PM
    Surfguy, if u wanna stop that ApplicationRegistry error to disappear n not come back, put ur task list back in n load it back on ur bb, i kept getting the same error everytime i did a batt pull, its cuz that task list was removed

the other one i cant help with lol i never got it

ok so i used the program last nite for the first time and i removed:

help files
    default backgrounds
    voice activated dialing
    memo pad
    password keeper
    task list

when my berry rebooted i got 2 errors:
    uncaught exception:
    ApplicationRegistry.waitfor
    (0x70170be9d2fc292) timeout

uncaught exception:
    java.lang.NullpointerException
    03-28-11 11:04 PM
    I also believe that the "startup" video for OS6 falls under the toolkit, "net_rim_bb_mediaOTA_toolkit_360x400_9700_01" it takes up 4.2mb

i dunno if BB Boss can take that out but i deleted it manually going into Program Files>Common Files>Research In Motion>Shared>Loader Files> "OS Folder">Java
    03-28-11 11:14 PM
    Surfguy, if u wanna stop that ApplicationRegistry error to disappear n not come back, put ur task list back in n load it back on ur bb, i kept getting the same error everytime i did a batt pull, its cuz that task list was removed

the other one i cant help with lol i never got it
    ok thanks
    03-29-11 10:15 PM
    For some reason, I this cannot connect to my berry. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling, restarting my pc, nothing worked.
    03-30-11 01:00 PM
    There are a couple of reasons it wouldn't connect.

1. DM is running. It tends to put the phone into a different mode and won't let it communicate.

2. The USB driver is not installed correctly. There are a lot of reasons this can happen, even if it worked before. One way to check this is to hook up you BB and see if the computer tells you that the device was installed correctly. If it doesn't then there's a problem with the BB-to-computer communications

3. You are using a USB cable that came with a wall charger unit and not the one that came with your BB out of the box. For instance, my wife's original wall charger stopped working so she purchased another wall charger, but this one is a plug-in transformer and a "USB cable" for charging. This cable doesn't do anything but charge the phone. It doesn't allow communications for whatever reason.

Number 2 is the most likely reason. Check to see that the computer recognizes the phone when you plug it in and go from there.
    03-31-11 09:31 PM
    1. No
    2. Yes, it says it installed correctly
    3. I'm using the same cord I used when I first used BB Boss, I believe it's the one that I got with my old 8520.
    03-31-11 11:06 PM
    When i use bb boss, for os6 .499 i'll download a theme on to phone and then i'll revert back to the stock theme for os6 and i get app error and have to reset the phone
    04-01-11 06:49 AM
331 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD