I can find apploader but I have no idea what are Doc to go files. Should I just try to reinstall that from dm? Or do a total restore from earlier and shrink again without making that stupid mistake. I just don't know how to fix it. Real Sorry about this.
    Desktop manager doesn't restore or backup anything but device data unless switching devices

Bad move on my part. How do I know the program has completed the shrinking?
    The device usually reboots once the shrinking has completed. If nothing happens, bb boss has bugged up. Unplug it, close and rerun the program and try again.

Can I go to my backup on DM and try to re-install Docs To Go? But I still don't know when the program is completed shrinking..anyone?

You can use desktop manager or apploader only aftet you deleted the entire docs to go suite, then reload them.
    02-20-12 05:25 PM
    The idiots of all idiots (me) has solved the problem and I was able to complete the shrink and re-install my Docs To Go. Thank you for all of your help today Rootbrian. Sometimes my feet get way ahead of my feet when I'm running!
    02-20-12 05:35 PM
    The idiots of all idiots (me) has solved the problem and I was able to complete the shrink and re-install my Docs To Go. Thank you for all of your help today Rootbrian. Sometimes my feet get way ahead of my feet when I'm running!
    No problem.
    02-20-12 05:43 PM
    Well, here I go again. Please bare with me as I am new to the whole shrinking process. I ran BB Boss 2.2.2 "Direct Shrink" yesterday and was able to increase App storage from 132MB to 191MB and my device Responsiveness from 22 to 37, pretty good results (I think anyway) but I'm sure I can gain more.

Here are my issues. As I was checking the phone last night I noticed 3 things that I thought would be shrunk out of the 1st Direct Shrinking but were not. How do I rid my device of the locked, factory "Wallpapers" and locked "Avatars"?

I also have a ton of "sla.pdf" docs as well as a ton of "warranty.pdf" docs. Is there a way I can go back on BB Boss and remove these items?

As far as the pdf's, I can just highlight them and delete them no problem correct? But how do I remove the imbedded Wallpapers and stupid avatars?

Thanks in advance..
    02-21-12 11:31 AM
    Well, here I go again. Please bare with me as I am new to the whole shrinking process. I ran BB Boss 2.2.2 "Direct Shrink" yesterday and was able to increase App storage from 132MB to 191MB and my device Responsiveness from 22 to 37, pretty good results (I think anyway) but I'm sure I can gain more.

Here are my issues. As I was checking the phone last night I noticed 3 things that I thought would be shrunk out of the 1st Direct Shrinking but were not. How do I rid my device of the locked, factory "Wallpapers" and locked "Avatars"?

I also have a ton of "sla.pdf" docs as well as a ton of "warranty.pdf" docs. Is there a way I can go back on BB Boss and remove these items?

As far as the pdf's, I can just highlight them and delete them no problem correct? But how do I remove the imbedded Wallpapers and stupid avatars?

Thanks in advance..
    Been wondering myself about the virtual keyboard components when I have a 9900, no need for those as they aren't usable at all unless you have a curve touch or torch. I'll see if I can delete those sometime later to rule out of it messes the OS up. If it goes through nicely, I'll post the results. Or others can try it too before me.
    02-21-12 08:22 PM
    Can not remove from OS or Phone the Startup and help videos. Why is that on the 9850 OS 7.10.267?
    03-02-12 01:25 PM
    I am a newbie here, I read about 4 pages so far of this thread and still can't find the official description as to what this program works for.

To the owner. Can you have a basic or official description of the program functionality or use in the first post? This way people like me that do not have a clue what this is can simply read what it is used for and decided if they want to install it or not, I am pretty curios but still don't know what this is for.

Regards
    CheckWriter likes this.
    03-04-12 12:47 AM
    I keep getting an "uncaught exception" message after restarting the phone. I use a 9700, and I used the settings Jeff provided. Can anyone help?
    04-08-12 01:28 PM
    I am a newbie here, I read about 4 pages so far of this thread and still can't find the official description as to what this program works for.

To the owner. Can you have a basic or official description of the program functionality or use in the first post? This way people like me that do not have a clue what this is can simply read what it is used for and decided if they want to install it or not, I am pretty curios but still don't know what this is for.

Regards
    BB Boss is an app for shrinking your phone's Blackberry OS. It allows you to remove pre-loaded themes and apps that you do not need, freeing up memory on your phone and improving its performance.
    strosdegoz likes this.
    04-08-12 01:33 PM
    BB Boss is an app for shrinking your phone's Blackberry OS. It allows you to remove pre-loaded themes and apps that you do not need, freeing up memory on your phone and improving its performance.
    Thanks

I will install it now and start to remove everything and report back how it goes.
    04-24-12 07:25 PM
    Does this still work for OS 7.1.0.523?
    07-13-12 11:08 AM
    So when I run BB Boss, what things should I shrink? I don't need the maximum, just like to shrink the large bulk of junk. I only need english btw
    07-18-12 03:09 PM
    this link isnt downloading anything... it fails to download..
    BB Boss 2.2 Setup.exe
    07-18-12 03:19 PM
    it downloaded using firefox...
    07-18-12 03:24 PM
    So i shrunk the basic stuff from the OS (on disk) 270mb to 132mb.

I want to overwrite the antenna file from the 318 version. I have that sfi file. So do I use the loader from the 391 version, then (how?) replace the antenna file...

or do I use bb boss, use the hybrid tab, and tell it to use this sfi file on top, and then plug in my phone (close DM) and extract the hybrid to the phone directly, or to disk (and then run the loader from disk?)

thanks!
    07-18-12 03:54 PM
    i cannot use the hybrid tab, I'm waiting for my activation code (I paid the $2 fee).
    07-18-12 06:28 PM
    i cannot use the hybrid tab, I'm waiting for my activation code (I paid the $2 fee).
    You just wasted $2
    07-19-12 12:06 AM
    This app hasn't been updated in over a year; why would you pay the $2? This app, although still very much useful, doesn't do a thorough job of shrinking like it used to..

I mean...the nag screen pops up only like every five seconds...
    07-19-12 08:03 AM
    Hey I can't access my email setup.. apparently I must have shrunk it. Problem is, I thought I remembered a email setup shrink option, but I must have been wrong because I dont see the checkbox anywhere. What I'm trying to do is to just reinstall the email setup. Which box do I have to check?

EDIT: I found it.. it wasnt in BB Boss.. it was an option in apploader.... my bad!
    Last edited by apengue1; 07-30-12 at 03:36 PM.
    07-30-12 03:23 PM
    Reinstall the device software.
    07-30-12 11:06 PM
    Thanks , I bough a bb 9900 with azwery keyboard.
    Just change the physical keyboard to qwerty , but the software maps the keys to azerty.
    How can i remap the keys to qwerty ? Doing a hybrid version ?

Thnks a lot
    08-30-12 02:14 PM
    Thanks , I bough a bb 9900 with azwery keyboard.
    Just change the physical keyboard to qwerty , but the software maps the keys to azerty.
    How can i remap the keys to qwerty ? Doing a hybrid version ?

Thnks a lot
    Can't, it's hard-coded. Edit: unless you do a housing change, it won't work, as far as I know.
    Lrmota likes this.
    08-30-12 02:32 PM
    I bought the keyboard and flex..
    i saw this :
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...yboard-726351/

Do you think is possible

Luis
    08-30-12 02:38 PM
    I bought the keyboard and flex..
    i saw this :
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...yboard-726351/

Do you think is possible

Luis
    You could try it, but I don't think it'll work. When something is hard-coded, it cannot be changed. Don't be too surprised if it doesn't work. I would also wait until the warranty expires before doing so, as you'll be voiding it.
    Lrmota likes this.
    08-30-12 03:22 PM
    You could try it, but I don't think it'll work. When something is hard-coded, it cannot be changed. Don't be too surprised if it doesn't work. I would also wait until the warranty expires before doing so, as you'll be voiding it.
    Didnt work !! HELP !!! AZERTY TO QWERTY----
    08-30-12 05:23 PM
331 ... 11121314
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD