Hello BB Boss, does your tool remove startup videos / media toolkit from my 9900 OS 7.1?
    01-19-12 08:10 PM
    Hello BB Boss, does your tool remove startup videos / media toolkit from my 9900 OS 7.1?
    Yes, it does.
    01-19-12 08:11 PM
    Yes, it does.
    Is it able to do this on the fly or I should pre-shrink the os and install?

There has been numerous report that the startup videos are embedded on the phone flash memory hence my question.
    01-19-12 08:26 PM

There has been numerous report that the startup videos are embedded on the phone flash memory hence my question.
    It's not worked for me :\
    01-19-12 08:28 PM

That is a confusing part. I don't know which COD it is. Maybe shrink before loading would be a good idea, but if it messes up, reinstall the device software using the Repair option and try again.
    01-19-12 08:29 PM
    Blackberry 9700 with os6 installed. Always wanted to get more space out of my old bb. I bumped into this thread this morning and couldn't be any happier.

Installed the BB boss 2.2 and DM(found out it is the blackberry manager/desktop software)

Clicked on the "Direct Shrink" button. Popped up a Connection failure.
    Opened up my task manager and ended the Rim.. process.

Clicked on Direct Shrink button again and it worked.
    But kinda froze on the Access your phone part. Not sure if it froze or not, but it was loading like forever. Heard someone froze at this part so i assume it's a froze.

Terminated the BB boss and boom my phone is dead with an error 507.

Spent the whole afternoon fixing my beloved BB.

Gonna come back when the final version of BBBoss comes out.
    01-27-12 01:30 PM
    Direct shrink takes a long time. What did you try to shrink out?

sent on my #osbb 9930 via tapatalk
    01-27-12 01:32 PM
    Hello Jeff. I downloaded BB Boss 2.2 and made a donation thru PayPal. My registration code is DB18AD8B. I have yet to receive my activation key to register. Can I start to shrink now or do I need to wait for the key? My second question, because I'm new at this, is that I have a Bold 9930 ver .267 installed. I should be able to just plug in my phone, click those things I'd like to shrink and then click "Direct Shrink on Phone" and the program will then shrink the OS on my already installed phone correct? Thank You
    02-19-12 06:49 PM
    Hello all. I downloaded the program, checked off the items I didn't want and then pressed the Direct Shrink on Phone. It asked me for my device password, I clicked ok and it almost immediately said "connection failed" and wouldn't let me do anything but click ok. Does anyone have a clue why this is happening. I have my device plugged in and Desktop manager is open and connected to my phone. I have a Bold 9930 with .267 on the device.

Edit: been checking this thread and it seems that DM should be off (which mine now is=no help); drivers not recognized-not the problem and lastly- USB cable not for communicating, again not the issue. Any other ideas why it will not connect??
    Last edited by keyhole; 02-19-12 at 10:37 PM.
    02-19-12 10:10 PM
    Hello all. I downloaded the program, checked off the items I didn't want and then pressed the Direct Shrink on Phone. It asked me for my device password, I clicked ok and it almost immediately said "connection failed" and wouldn't let me do anything but click ok. Does anyone have a clue why this is happening. I have my device plugged in and Desktop manager is open and connected to my phone. I have a Bold 9930 with .267 on the device.

Edit: been checking this thread and it seems that DM should be off (which mine now is=no help); drivers not recognized-not the problem and lastly- USB cable not for communicating, again not the issue. Any other ideas why it will not connect??
    Desktop manager should be closed, open task manager, (click or check off "show processes from all users"), kill any RIM or BB processes, then unplug and re-plug in your blackberry and launch bb boss again. Any microUSB cable will work as long as it doesn't have a controller hub with buttons in between both ends (some do).
    02-20-12 09:01 AM
    Desktop manager should be closed, open task manager, (click or check off "show processes from all users"), kill any RIM or BB processes, then unplug and re-plug in your blackberry and launch bb boss again. Any microUSB cable will work as long as it doesn't have a controller hub with buttons in between both ends (some do).
    I see that you're using a 9900 with.267 as well. I'm using the 9930 with .267 on my device. Just curious, did you download .267 and do a Direct Shrink on you're device?
    02-20-12 10:00 AM
    I see that you're using a 9900 with.267 as well. I'm using the 9930 with .267 on my device. Just curious, did you download .267 and do a Direct Shrink on you're device?
    Yes, I did.
    keyhole likes this.
    02-20-12 10:02 AM
    Great and thanks for the advice. I am on my way home to my PC now. I will certainly give it a shot....
    02-20-12 10:11 AM
    Well I'm home and getting ready to have another try at shrinking my OS. When I went to show processes there are a lot of rim an bb items running. When I went to close my 1st BB item, I got a warning about deleting things in that area.

So here are my options:

Option A- I'm going to do a DM back up, start up BB Boss, then close both DM and BB boss. Go to task manager and close all rim and bb AND bb boss items. I will then re-plug in my device and restart bb boss, and start checking off items I want removed. I will then finally click Direct shrink.

Option B- I plug in, do a DM back up, start up boss, check off items and hit Direct shrink, THEN go to task manager , unplug and kill all rim, bb AND boss items. Then plug back in, start bboss, check items to shrink and go ahead with Direct shrink.

Which sounds better to you Root. Choice A or choice B?

Thanks
    02-20-12 11:22 AM
    Well I'm home and getting ready to have another try at shrinking my OS. When I went to show processes there are a lot of rim an bb items running. When I went to close my 1st BB item, I got a warning about deleting things in that area.

So here are my options:

Option A- I'm going to do a DM back up, start up BB Boss, then close both DM and BB boss. Go to task manager and close all rim and bb AND bb boss items. I will then re-plug in my device and restart bb boss, and start checking off items I want removed. I will then finally click Direct shrink.

Option B- I plug in, do a DM back up, start up boss, check off items and hit Direct shrink, THEN go to task manager , unplug and kill all rim, bb AND boss items. Then plug back in, start bboss, check items to shrink and go ahead with Direct shrink.

Thanks
    Killing processes with windows task manager will not harm or delete anything. Kill them all, then run BB Boss and do a direct shrink, or backup with DM, then close it, then check for and kill all processes and run BB Boss, then do a direct shrink.
    keyhole likes this.
    02-20-12 11:25 AM

So here are my options:

Thanks
    Killing processes with windows task manager will not harm or delete anything. Kill them all, (make the backup anyways with desktop manager) then run BB Boss and do a direct shrink,
    keyhole likes this.
    02-20-12 11:26 AM
    Hey again Root. I did what you said and I was successful in making the connection. I hit shrink OS and it started working but a warning came up saying I would be deleting some "403 files" which could appear to freeze device. I have never heard of a 403 file. Should I let it delete the 403 files or just keep them on the phone and contnue??
    02-20-12 01:56 PM
    Hey again Root. I did what you said and I was successful in making the connection. I hit shrink OS and it started working but a warning came up saying I would be deleting some "403 files" which could appear to freeze device. I have never heard of a 403 file. Should I let it delete the 403 files or just keep them on the phone and contnue??
    Yes, let it remove those files. If things do get arwy and it sticks on an error screen, just reload the OS.
    keyhole likes this.
    02-20-12 01:58 PM
    Yes, let it remove those files. If things do get arwy and it sticks on an error screen, just reload the OS.
    Thank you very much for walking me through this..
    02-20-12 02:02 PM
    Hello Root. It still seems to be running. How will I know its complete? I've checked lots of things that I wanted to shrink and they are gone. Maybe it did a reboot and it may be done, again, how do I know when I can disconnect. I gained 45MB of memory and I went from 22 to 35 on the "Responsiveness" check.

I also have a BIG problem. I checked "slide show to go" to remove and it did so. But it also now won't open ANY of my Word or Excel documents.I tried to open Docs To Go and it gave me the error " Error starting Docs To Go: Module to Slideshow To Go not found". I checked the files and they are there but when I tried to open them it won't work. How can I reverse that particular item and regain access to my documents. I appreciate all of your help, PLEASE help me get Docs To Go back. VIP!! Thanks
    02-20-12 04:15 PM
    Hello Root. It still seems to be running. How will I know its complete? I've checked lots of things that I wanted to shrink and they are gone. Maybe it did a reboot and it may be done, again, how do I know when I can disconnect. I gained 45MB of memory and I went from 22 to 35 on the "Responsiveness" check.

I also have a BIG problem. I checked "slide show to go" to remove and it did so. But it also now won't open ANY of my Word or Excel documents.I tried to open Docs To Go and it gave me the error " Error starting Docs To Go: Module to Slideshow To Go not found". I checked the files and they are there but when I tried to open them it won't work. How can I reverse that particular item and regain access to my documents. I appreciate all of your help, PLEASE help me get Docs To Go back. VIP!! Thanks
    Reload those missing components using apploader. Removing docstogo components isn't wise.
    02-20-12 04:20 PM
    Can I go to my backup on DM and try to re-install Docs To Go? But I still don't know when the program is completed shrinking..

anyone?
    02-20-12 04:28 PM
    Reload those missing components using apploader. Removing docstogo components isn't wise.

Bad move on my part. How do I know the program has completed the shrinking?
    02-20-12 04:29 PM
    If I can't get DTG back, can I go to DM, restore from earlier save and do the shrink once again? I'm super sorry. This is my 1st time trying this and I tried not to delete too much.
    02-20-12 04:33 PM
    I can find apploader but I have no idea what are Doc to go files. Should I just try to reinstall that from dm? Or do a total restore from earlier and shrink again without making that stupid mistake. I just don't know how to fix it. Real Sorry about this.
    02-20-12 04:46 PM
331 ... 1011121314
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD