I shrunk it, but don't have a phone to test with!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-11 08:39 PM
    has anyone tried to use BB Boss on the 9900 yet?

Yes tried it this aft with 296. Works fine.
    Killington likes this.
    08-15-11 09:34 PM
    i havent been able to get this app to connect to my 9930 or 9650 for that matter. waiting for it to get updated
    08-16-11 08:24 PM
    You don't need it to connect to the phone, shrink on disk and use apploader
    08-16-11 11:03 PM
    thanks for this. it has helped me to save a lot of space with my torch and i intend to continue using it with my new 9900. thanks a bunch
    08-17-11 02:09 PM
    Hey boss, thanks for the update. I have a Verizon blackberry bold 9650 without a camera, but inside the phone there is a camera port so i inserted the camera hardware into the port and reload my OS. I use OS 6 and still it's not working. I will be glad if i can get a response to this.
    Last edited by realdammy; 08-20-11 at 11:01 PM.
    08-20-11 10:58 PM
    Just wanted to let everyone know that I have tested BB Boss on 7.0.0.308 for the 9930 and with the app the way it is I was able to shrink the Java folder down to 49.6MB. There are some new things that got added into the OS7 build that I am working on adding to the update, so stay tuned for the next release. I just wanted to give a heads up that it does work with the new OS.
    tryfe likes this.
    08-21-11 12:29 PM
    Just wanted to let everyone know that I have tested BB Boss on 7.0.0.308 for the 9930 and with the app the way it is I was able to shrink the Java folder down to 49.6MB. There are some new things that got added into the OS7 build that I am working on adding to the update, so stay tuned for the next release. I just wanted to give a heads up that it does work with the new OS.
    That is a good thing Since the 9900/9930 and other devices have not much free flash storage out of the available 768MB. 168MB was what CB reported when they reviewed it. If shrunken, it'll be so much more

08-21-11 02:39 PM
    It's funny to me that they have such little space remaining. The OS installation on my hard drive is only something like 216MB or so. Based on that, there should be almost 500MB left on the device available even with a full installation and somestuff downloaded OTA via initial service book and carrier pushes.

08-21-11 03:08 PM
    When is the new version coming out that can delete the video files from the 9900 properly?
    08-22-11 01:55 AM
    It's funny to me that they have such little space remaining. The OS installation on my hard drive is only something like 216MB or so. Based on that, there should be almost 500MB left on the device available even with a full installation and somestuff downloaded OTA via initial service book and carrier pushes.

It's weird alright....I thought the same when the remaining memory on my 9900 sat at 160MB or so. Even with the boat load of language files, installation video, locked wallpapers it still didn't make sense why so little room remained.
    08-29-11 11:09 PM
    It's weird alright....I thought the same when the remaining memory on my 9900 sat at 160MB or so. Even with the boat load of language files, installation video, locked wallpapers it still didn't make sense why so little room remained.

256MB is dedicated to the "Liquid Graphics" so we're really left with 512MB of space.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    08-29-11 11:11 PM
    unable to find a working link for boss DL..... anyone have a working link?
    09-07-11 10:35 PM
    unable to find a working link for boss DL..... anyone have a working link?
    BB Boss 2.2 Setup.exe
    09-10-11 07:03 PM
    I'm waiting patienly for the os7 version for my 9810. Thanks for all your work so far!!

09-12-11 10:58 AM
    I installed in Win 7 x64 and it cannot see the connected phone. BB Desktop and Apploader can see it, but when BB Boss is running App Loader can't see the phone. Please advise.

Also I made a donation and sent the email to get the SW registered but have not received my code yet.

Thanks and regards,
    09-12-11 02:27 PM
    Donated, but haven't receive any email reply.
    09-13-11 10:21 AM
    To everyone that has donated this leat week and has not received an activation code, my apologies. I've had some issues with my PC and received the items to repair it today. I will be sending out code this evening. As for the update. I'm still working on it, along with an interface revamp that should make the program more user friendly as well and easily updatable.I'll get the codes out tonight and pick up where I left off on the update. I'll let everyone know when it's finished.

09-13-11 03:11 PM
    To everyone that has donated this leat week and has not received an activation code, my apologies. I've had some issues with my PC and received the items to repair it today. I will be sending out code this evening. As for the update. I'm still working on it, along with an interface revamp that should make the program more user friendly as well and easily updatable.I'll get the codes out tonight and pick up where I left off on the update. I'll let everyone know when it's finished.

waiting for the update and ofcuz, the registration code.
    09-14-11 04:24 AM

Donated and waiting for the activation code, thanks. Sent a PM on this
    09-14-11 05:42 AM
    ahhh. still no activation code received. :3 .
    09-15-11 10:43 AM
    Here you go guys...
    BB Boss 2.2 Setup.rar
    BB Boss 2.2 Setup.rar
    Last edited by tda_tda; 09-24-11 at 07:08 PM.
    09-24-11 07:03 PM
    thanks so much for creating this app.
    10-05-11 11:56 PM
    What's the update on this app? When will we be getting the 7.0 version with the new interface? Thanks.
    10-17-11 03:12 PM
    The new version is coming along. I hope to have something out by the middle of November. I am reworking a lot of the code, making it smaller, faster, more accurate, and easier to update. I am also trying to get an online registration process working so that process will be more streamlined.

As a small update for everyone. I have noticed that there have been a lot more "Connection Failed" messages since the last couple of DM updates. I have figured it out and how to eliminate the problem. A solution to this will be built into the update, but there is a temporary fix for right now.

When your PC starts up, DM launches "RIMBBLaunchAgent.exe" which is a small process that runs in the background to detect a BB Device connection to USB. When you plug in your device it locks down the USB port and doesn't allow other processes access to the device. Just launch Task Manager and kill this process. That will allow BB Boss to connect properly.

Thanks for your support and patience, it is appreciated.
    10-17-11 08:45 PM
331 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD