okay, just downloaded and it didn't work. D;
    Can you tell us exactly what didn't work? Does it not connect to your phone, or does it not shrink something, or is it something else entirely?
    05-29-11 06:49 PM
    I am having trouble shrinking an OS with this version. The AppLoader does not start automatically after i hit the shrink button (even though i have checked for it in options). So i started Apploader manually to load the OS. When I did so I noticed that none of the files which i had checked for had shrunk !!
    They were all there !!

Is it because i haven't got the activation code yet ? I am running a 32 bit system so please tell me what is wrong !!
    06-01-11 01:22 AM
    @ Dpakrawal, It should have worked, but some things don't always shrink out as the carrier pushes some items back to your phone anyway for example. Starting Apploader manually should have not made any difference if you ran the shrinker first. The activation code only removes the nag screen to donate, should not affect it otherwise.
    06-01-11 09:49 AM
    I used BB Boss 2.2.2 for the first time last night loading 570 onto my 9780 but was a little nervous not knowing what is safe or not safe to remove. Is there a general list of items that most people remove?
    06-09-11 09:33 AM
    First off, let me apologize to everyone that has donated since the beginning of May. I've had some health problems in my family and this project was forced to take a back seat to them. All is well now and I am working on getting out activation codes to everyone. I appreciate everyones patience and understanding on this matter.

Now, on to the news. Since I am going to have more time to deal with this. I am going to be working on an update for it with an updated UI and some other general updates. I do not have an ETA on this yet, but it should hopefully be before the end of the month. Until then, please feel free to email me with any questions or concerns that you have. I am going to try to answer all emails within a couple of hours.

Thanks guys, I'll keep you all updated!
    tryfe, andyahs and mikeplus1 like this.
    06-09-11 03:09 PM
    I think it would be great if you can have a help on what each selection is...

example: monotype, font face required for Chinese language

it would be REALLY helpful for the advanced options...
    06-10-11 11:04 AM
    First off, let me apologize to everyone that has donated since the beginning of May. I've had some health problems in my family and this project was forced to take a back seat to them. All is well now and I am working on getting out activation codes to everyone. I appreciate everyones patience and understanding on this matter.

Now, on to the news. Since I am going to have more time to deal with this. I am going to be working on an update for it with an updated UI and some other general updates. I do not have an ETA on this yet, but it should hopefully be before the end of the month. Until then, please feel free to email me with any questions or concerns that you have. I am going to try to answer all emails within a couple of hours.

Thanks guys, I'll keep you all updated!
    Good news Jeff, keep us updated! Thanks!
    06-10-11 07:53 PM
    I think it would be great if you can have a help on what each selection is...

example: monotype, font face required for Chinese language

it would be REALLY helpful for the advanced options...
    I second that!! If anybody has that information I'd really appreciatte it.

Regards,

Jaime
    06-11-11 10:43 AM
    My BB 9700 is running on OS6.0.0.600, when trying to shrink the OS, it says connection failed...any solution? Thanks.
    Last edited by chowjcy; 06-12-11 at 07:57 PM.
    06-12-11 02:40 AM
    You're not the only one, chowjcy. I seem to manage a connection sometimes if I choose sync media when my BB prompts it, but the java size and size diff still reads as 0MB.
    06-12-11 10:10 AM
    I'm running into the same problem as well. Trying to direct shrink and all I get is connection failed. Tried running as admin but same thing.

I donated and am waiting on an activation key, maybe that will fix it...hoping.
    06-15-11 10:25 AM
    You're not the only one, chowjcy. I seem to manage a connection sometimes if I choose sync media when my BB prompts it, but the java size and size diff still reads as 0MB.
    am facing the same issue too.. hope this issue can be rectified soon...
    06-20-11 01:11 AM
    I am working on an update and one of the major fixes has to do with the connection issues that people are seeing. It shouldn't be too much longer before I have something out in beta.
    06-20-11 10:37 PM
    so i did a brief search but could not find the answer..

Does this work for Mac? I have a macbook and want to shrink my 9700..

EDIT: Just kidding, sounds like us lucky folks with Macs cant use the shrinking software that is currently out there. From a bit of research, basically the only option for us is to run windows via bootcamp or parallels or what not. (I am posting this for future reference in case someone searches)
    Last edited by austriker; 07-28-11 at 08:28 PM.
    07-28-11 07:55 PM
    Just kidding
    07-29-11 07:48 AM
    I just meant to basically disregard my question asking if this software would work on a mac; I found the answer.. Hope that is clear for you!
    07-29-11 09:16 AM
    I just meant to basically disregard my question asking if this software would work on a mac; I found the answer.. Hope that is clear for you!
    That was how I was reading it. The "just kidding" part always throws me off.

07-29-11 09:19 AM
    question about shrinking:

Hello. I've a few questions about the objective of shrinking. Does shrinking change in any way the amount of RAM used, or it just increases the available storage space so you can install more apps? How can I see the effect of shrinking on available RAM? Does this help in any way to reduce the frequency of battery pulls needed to restore the device's usability, or the number of times I get the "webpage is too large to display" message in the browser?

Thanks!
    07-31-11 11:22 AM
    I am working on an update and one of the major fixes has to do with the connection issues that people are seeing. It shouldn't be too much longer before I have something out in beta.
    Any updates?
    08-08-11 11:32 PM
    I think this program is dead
    08-09-11 03:06 PM
    I think this program is dead
    Not dead, just slow on an update. There have been a lot of changes in my personal life that have forced me to re-prioritize. I am working on an update.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    tryfe likes this.
    08-09-11 03:08 PM
    Can't wait! Thanks and good luck on your private matter in life.
    08-09-11 03:10 PM
    Is OS7 support around the corner?
    08-10-11 08:13 AM
    Is OS7 support around the corner?
    Was just wondering the same thing...

All this talk of 188Mb of free memory on the 9900 made me wonder if we could shrink the crap out of that too...

08-10-11 05:19 PM
    has anyone tried to use BB Boss on the 9900 yet?
    08-14-11 02:28 PM
331 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD