I have had to uninstall (not just delete) Desktop Manager, reboot, run CCleaner, reboot again, reinstall DM, reboot again, then connect to my phone on two different computers on two different occasions over the last couple of months for some reason, but this process is the only thing that worked for me after trying many, many other things.
    04-01-11 10:09 AM
    @mikeplus1, I might have to do that.

It works when I try on my PC at work after a fresh install of BB Boss. Hmm.
    04-01-11 12:07 PM
    I have had to uninstall (not just delete) Desktop Manager, reboot, run CCleaner, reboot again, reinstall DM, reboot again, then connect to my phone on two different computers on two different occasions over the last couple of months for some reason, but this process is the only thing that worked for me after trying many, many other things.
    This helped it connect on my home pc.
    Last edited by c0rinne; 04-02-11 at 07:09 AM.
    04-02-11 07:07 AM
    Glad to hear that you got it taken care of. I knew this had to be the case since the only thing that is used by BB Boss from the DM installation is the USb drivers. I don't quite know why there's sometimes an issue with it, not everybody has this problem.

In any case, glad to hear that you got it working.
    04-02-11 09:25 AM
    For some reason those drivers from DM sometimes just get corrupted or something and don't work properly with anything. I have had this happen on both my 64-bit Win7 and my 32-bit WinXP machines this year with DM v6.0.1.18 installed on both which is the latest official version released in December 2010.
    04-02-11 10:04 AM
    for the life of me I cannot kill the default wallpaper (background) either by wiping my device and installing a shrunk OS or by directly shrinking them out on the phone. Running .486 and I wonder if they are now locked in automatically without any method to shrink them out. Help!
    04-02-11 11:34 PM
    for the life of me I cannot kill the default wallpaper (background) either by wiping my device and installing a shrunk OS or by directly shrinking them out on the phone. Running .486 and I wonder if they are now locked in automatically without any method to shrink them out. Help!
    Some things like this cannot be shrunk out. They are part of a different file and cannot be removed, sorry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-11 01:06 AM
    hi i use this version to shrink my os. when i do it it tells me the size is down to 59.6 MB but when i upload it to my phone i go up to a whooping 105mb . then i do a load with bbsak and it adds and other 13mb then i have the documents to go and all the other apps on the bb. AM I DOING SOMETHING WRONG. WHY IS MY OS goes up to 100MB when i shrink it to 59

please help thank you
    04-05-11 07:46 AM
    I know this is a bit farfetched but is there a possibility you could send me the link on how to do this step by step. I dont know where that is.

Also, once I load my new OS. How do I add all my apps, contacts and other stuff back to my phone?
    04-06-11 07:39 PM
    Some things like this cannot be shrunk out. They are part of a different file and cannot be removed, sorry.

Here is the way to remove them if they get stuck in there. I got this from some thread here.

Say you are running the .141 OS.
    Uninstall it on your PC
    Download .132 to PC
    Install it to PC
    Run Crackmem
    Install to phone
    Check make sure they are gone. (should be)
    Uninstall .132 from PC
    Install .141 and run crackmem
    Upload to phone.
    04-07-11 01:18 AM
    is this work for 6.0.0.534 - 9700? (bb boss 2.2)
    04-07-11 01:19 PM
    where's my activation code???
    04-07-11 03:04 PM
    hi i use this version to shrink my os. when i do it it tells me the size is down to 59.6 MB but when i upload it to my phone i go up to a whooping 105mb . then i do a load with bbsak and it adds and other 13mb then i have the documents to go and all the other apps on the bb. AM I DOING SOMETHING WRONG. WHY IS MY OS goes up to 100MB when i shrink it to 59

please help thank you
    The reason this happens is because there are other things that get loaded to the phone, such as the radio file, which is not part of the java folder. 100 MB installed size is pretty damn good.

BB Boss will work for the new 9700 build.

Please allow up to 24hrs for me to get you an activation code. The Application is fully functional without it, but your support and donation is appreciated. I try very hard to get people activation codes ASAP.
    04-07-11 07:49 PM
    For some reason, on OS v6.0.0.534 build for the 9700, BB Boss (v2.2.2) didn't shrink out the vendor.xml file.
    04-08-11 07:13 AM
    BB Hybrid tools is more better than this i think
    Why? Do you have a real reason for this post or are you just making a statement based on the fact that you're more comfortable with BBHT?

For some reason, on OS v6.0.0.534 build for the 9700, BB Boss (v2.2.2) didn't shrink out the vendor.xml file.
    Make sure that you have the option enabled to delete it automatically from the "Options" menu.
    04-08-11 09:12 AM
    Make sure that you have the option enabled to delete it automatically from the "Options" menu.
    Ahhhhh! That's it. Did not realize that was an option now. Thanks.
    04-08-11 10:39 AM
    I tried to create an alx file from speedtest.cod for backup purposes. Well it did it, but when I tried to install it, it says that it is not compatible with my 9780. It is on my phone since a while and actually working. What did I do wrong with creating an alx using BB Boss?

04-11-11 03:02 PM
    I cannot create an alx file with BB Boss. I actually does it, but it won't work with app loader. What's wrong?
    04-11-11 06:26 PM
    Ok so I downloaded the new BBoss, selected the stuff I didnt want to go on my phone and then ran loader.exe. After that I restored my apps using BBSAK. When i look at my menu, apps like "Podcast, facebook, google talk, msn, yahoo messenger" are still on my phone. What did I do wrong?

I went from 66MB free to 106MB free (including my apps). But i feel if i remove the above mentioned I can get even more free space.
    Last edited by flyingdutchman7588; 04-11-11 at 08:21 PM.
    04-11-11 08:16 PM
    i downloaded & installed , but its asks for the registration code.
    where can i get it from????
    04-13-11 12:25 PM
    I tried to create an alx file from speedtest.cod for backup purposes. Well it did it, but when I tried to install it, it says that it is not compatible with my 9780. It is on my phone since a while and actually working. What did I do wrong with creating an alx using BB Boss?

I'll look into it and let oyu know what I find. I'm not quite sure what happened. It was working at one point...

Ok so I downloaded the new BBoss, selected the stuff I didnt want to go on my phone and then ran loader.exe. After that I restored my apps using BBSAK. When i look at my menu, apps like "Podcast, facebook, google talk, msn, yahoo messenger" are still on my phone. What did I do wrong?

I went from 66MB free to 106MB free (including my apps). But i feel if i remove the above mentioned I can get even more free space.
    Nothing was done wrong. Sometimes things are pushed to the phone and sometimes they are re-installed because you had them on there prior and AppLoader backed them up and installed them. Unless you wipe first, you always need to double check the settings in AppLoader.

i downloaded & installed , but its asks for the registration code.
    where can i get it from????
    The application is fully functional, but you can get an activation code and get rid of the nag screens by optionally donating to the development of the application.

I am currently working on an update. If anyone has any requests for functionality in the app, please let me know and I will see what I can do.
    04-13-11 11:23 PM
    Request alphabetic sorting for dependency tree, and I'd LOVE a feature to show the version number of cods that aren't on the phone.

04-13-11 11:25 PM
    What do you mean by the version number of cods that aren't on the phone? You mean installed on PC, but not installed on phone and left in the removed files folder and/or that were removed by BB Boss?
    04-14-11 04:19 PM
    Yes, this also happened to me when I upgraded to 534. Instead of running Apploader from BB Boss, I had to manually remove the vendor file then run loader after the shrink. Anyway, I still ended up with 110mb free.

Never had this issue with any other upgrade/downgrade.
    04-14-11 06:50 PM
    Yes, this also happened to me when I upgraded to 534. Instead of running Apploader from BB Boss, I had to manually remove the vendor file then run loader after the shrink. Anyway, I still ended up with 110mb free.

Never had this issue with any other upgrade/downgrade.
    It turned out to be an option I missed in BB Boss' settings. You can have it remove the file automatically or leave it.
    04-14-11 08:25 PM
331 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD