I dunno what I did wrong was working perfectly fine yesterday. I did uninstalls, reinstalls on both and still the same problem.

I will deal with it later since I'm gonna format.
    03-12-11 07:03 PM
    Let me know if it works for you later. Are you formatting your CPU or Phone??? Is there anything other than COD files in the Java folder of that build?
    03-12-11 07:12 PM
    Let me know if it works for you later. Are you formatting your CPU or Phone??? Is there anything other than COD files in the Java folder of that build?
    Actually I haven't looked into it. I will uninstall and delete the files manually and see how that works out.

Also I'm formatting my PC.
    03-12-11 07:26 PM
    ffejrobins30,

Is there a guide I can follow? I tried searching it in the forum but no luck. I did try to shrink the OS by removing startup video but it was still there. I probably did something wrong.

After I click "Modify OS on Disk", all I need to do is run apploader.exe?
    03-12-11 09:05 PM
    No, you didn't do anything wrong. I've been fighting a bug that doesn't remove all of the startup video stuff. I've got it now though I think. The next update will be out very soon and should solve this problem...

When I post the update, I'm also going to include an optional download of the settings that I use to shrink, that way there's an idea of what to shrink for the noobs out there.
    prankster likes this.
    03-12-11 09:14 PM

My version of BB Boss 2.2 doesn't even give me the option of shrinking out Japanese as a language. I guess I got lucky?
    03-12-11 09:29 PM
    No, you didn't do anything wrong. I've been fighting a bug that doesn't remove all of the startup video stuff. I've got it now though I think. The next update will be out very soon and should solve this problem...

When I post the update, I'm also going to include an optional download of the settings that I use to shrink, that way there's an idea of what to shrink for the noobs out there.
    That feature would be great. I'm still trying to get my feet wet in BB world.
    03-12-11 09:37 PM
    My version of BB Boss 2.2 doesn't even give me the option of shrinking out Japanese as a language. I guess I got lucky?
    You have the older 2.2 version. It didn't support the Japanese files, so in a way, you did get lucky.
    03-12-11 09:49 PM
    I have updated the link in the original post. Now available for download is Version 2.2.2

Check out the link in my sig or the original post for the update! This fixes the Japanese language file problem.
    Laura Knotek, tryfe and satanberry like this.
    03-12-11 11:12 PM
    Thanks for fixing the bug with the Japanese language CODs.
    03-12-11 11:22 PM
    Just a quick question, what is exactly "G-Mail Plugin"?
    03-13-11 12:29 AM
    Just a quick question, what is exactly "G-Mail Plugin"?
    It's a plug-in for the native email client that allows you to see multiple lines from grouped messages in preview. That way you see the first couple lines without having to open the email. I use it and couldn't live without it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-11 12:52 AM
    It's a plug-in for the native email client that allows you to see multiple lines from grouped messages in preview. That way you see the first couple lines without having to open the email. I use it and couldn't live without it.

Ok thanks! I just formatted my laptop and just installing DM right now. I will let you know if I get problems shrinking/booting up my OS in a bit.

Small problem trying to export my shrink settings.

Last edited by lengend; 03-13-11 at 01:14 AM.
    03-13-11 01:06 AM
    Hi Jeff. I just updated to v.2.2.2 and when I try to connect to the phone to perform a wipe, I get a box that pops up saying "Failed to execute javaloader.exe-u enum : 2."

Other than that, I've just shrank OS 6.0.0.499 for my 9700 and everything went smoothly. Thanks for fixing the bug! Also shrank the hybrid for my 9000 and the issue that I was having with missing Media options is fixed too.
    03-13-11 01:39 AM
    Ok thanks! I just formatted my laptop and just installing DM right now. I will let you know if I get problems shrinking/booting up my OS in a bit.

Small problem trying to export my shrink settings.

are you runnign app as admin?

and try saving the file to ur desktop or public folder and see what happens
    03-13-11 01:55 AM
    Hi Jeff. I just updated to v.2.2.2 and when I try to connect to the phone to perform a wipe, I get a box that pops up saying "Failed to execute javaloader.exe-u enum : 2."

Other than that, I've just shrank OS 6.0.0.499 for my 9700 and everything went smoothly. Thanks for fixing the bug! Also shrank the hybrid for my 9000 and the issue that I was having with missing Media options is fixed too.
    make sure javaloader.exe is in same folder as bb boss
    03-13-11 01:56 AM
    Same problem...
    03-13-11 03:15 AM
    Same problem...

I have this problem on and off too. Sometimes it'll save, sometimes I get this error. i will look into . I have found that if you save it to the application folder, there isn't a problem, so at leaset there's a temporary work-around for you. I'll look into it and let you know what I find. Thanks.
    03-13-11 12:36 PM

Sounds to me like you installed the update, then uninstalled the previous version. If you do it in this order, javaloader is removed from the folder and can't be found. Reinstall the update over the current installation and you'll be fine.
    satanberry likes this.
    03-13-11 12:38 PM
    I have this problem on and off too. Sometimes it'll save, sometimes I get this error. i will look into . I have found that if you save it to the application folder, there isn't a problem, so at leaset there's a temporary work-around for you. I'll look into it and let you know what I find. Thanks.
    Worked perfectly!
    03-13-11 01:35 PM
    kudos, thanks for updating again one little typo in the UI, under specialty dictionaries: should be "Financial"
    03-13-11 04:24 PM
    kudos, thanks for updating again one little typo in the UI, under specialty dictionaries: should be "Financial"
    Yeah, I saw that last night after I updated the link. I felt so dumb. I've already updated it in the code, so it'll be fixed next time. It happened because I had to move it for fitment and I was apparently a little slow that day...

03-13-11 04:42 PM
    Got an hiccup here. I updated to the newest version, and now it won't shrink. I click to run as admin, check everything off, click to modify the OS on disk, it shows all the files rapidly being removed and the progress bar fills...but nothing gets shrunk out. 175MB before, 175 MB after. I go to the loader file, and everything's still there.
    03-13-11 06:01 PM
    Got an hiccup here. I updated to the newest version, and now it won't shrink. I click to run as admin, check everything off, click to modify the OS on disk, it shows all the files rapidly being removed and the progress bar fills...but nothing gets shrunk out. 175MB before, 175 MB after. I go to the loader file, and everything's still there.
    By check off, do youy mean they are checked or not? Anyone else having this issue???

03-13-11 06:32 PM
    By check off, do youy mean they are checked or not? Anyone else having this issue???

I was having the same problem, wouldn't shrink at all.

03-13-11 07:00 PM
331 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD