Thanks for this Jeff!

Now I just need a new Torch OS to try it with!
    03-06-11 06:02 AM
    UPDATE!

I've updated the download guys. It's now at Version 2.2.1 and can be downloaded from the link in the original post.

Install this over your previous 2.2 installation and it will overwrite all of the program files. Any saved settings, registration information, etc, will remain intact and usable. Just install the update and you're ready to go.
    03-07-11 01:21 PM
    Thank you! Love using this program.
    One of my main favorites is that you can actually delete multiple CODs from the phone, that never works for me on BBSAK.
    03-08-11 08:45 PM
    Guys, just a heads up, I found a bug...if you want to delete WordToGo, you have to do it manually. If you delete all the languages, then there are only 3 files of it left. When I wrote the code, I screwed up on the names when I put it in. The next update will have it fixed. No one has noticed it yet besides me, so apparently it's not a big deal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    when I shrink an OS, both V 2.2/2.2.1 deletes net_rim_jaxrpc cod...i don't know it's my mistake or a bug....
    03-09-11 10:18 AM
    when I shrink an OS, both V 2.2/2.2.1 deletes net_rim_jaxrpc cod...i don't know it's my mistake or a bug....
    Bug, it's happening because of the Japanese language files, will fix in next update. For now, just leave the japanese files and manually delete them if you want them gone. Temporary fix, but better than nothing.

03-09-11 02:05 PM
    I installed 6.....461 over 5.....955?? and shrank it with BBBoss2. All worked great....for about 2 weeks until I got cute and tried to shrink again on the phone. Did not work for me.

I just wanted to free up some memory.

I went where I had never been before...........I was down from about 7pm yesterday until about 12noon today.

I tried wiping and reinstalling OS on phone. Then uninstalling OS on pc, wiping and starting over. Over and over and over. All this after such an easy upgrade from OS5 to OS6.

All I could get were white screens and text. I think I overshrank the OS and something that my 9700 wanted was not there.

I finally am up and running (better than before I might add).......>PITA

I think I finally allowed some fonts or something on the OS shrink that my 9700 really wanted.

(LUCKILY..........I backed up my apps/cods with BBBoss just before the fatal shrink attempt and I had made a full back up with DM6).

All is well now.
    Last edited by duckduke; 03-09-11 at 09:14 PM.
    03-09-11 02:07 PM
    Okay I am newbie here, I have OS 6.0.0.461 in BB 9300 it is stock. But I want to shrink it, what is the standard procedure? Jeff If you could help here, it would be very much appreciated.

What is the best way to do it? Shall I reinstall the Operating System? boq! sorry.
    03-09-11 08:33 PM
    Shrunk all fonts out of the latest OS6 9700 Leak (.499) but this was left behind (as well as the Latin TrueType, which was expected): net_rim_font_global_type.cod. Expected? I don't recall that being left behind before...
    03-11-11 07:33 AM
    I reverted back to 1.1. I seem to be having problems with its shrinking resulting in lots of errors when I boot up.
    03-11-11 03:15 PM
    I reverted back to 1.1. I seem to be having problems with its shrinking resulting in lots of errors when I boot up.
    There's no need to panic or revert to previous versions. Just don't shrink out the Japanese language files. There is a bug where an extra file is removed that shouldn't be. I have a fix in the works and currently being tested. Don't shrink out the Japanese language files and make sure that they are not checked to be installed when AppLoader is running and you'll be fine.

03-11-11 03:25 PM
    I respect the fact that you would like to be paid for your efforts but a unregistered nag that pops up every 15 seconds makes this app unusable. If that was your intention to either make us pay or not use it, you have succeeded.

Other than that one MAJOR issue, excellent work.
    03-11-11 06:31 PM
    I respect the fact that you would like to be paid for your efforts but a unregistered nag that pops up every 15 seconds makes this app unusable. If that was your intention to either make us pay or not use it, you have succeeded.

Other than that one MAJOR issue, excellent work.
    That was not the intention, to make the app unusable. It has come to my attention though that under some circumstances, the reminder does popup too much. The update will also address that problem.

03-11-11 06:34 PM
    There's no need to panic or revert to previous versions. Just don't shrink out the Japanese language files. There is a bug where an extra file is removed that shouldn't be. I have a fix in the works and currently being tested. Don't shrink out the Japanese language files and make sure that they are not checked to be installed when AppLoader is running and you'll be fine.

I will try again later when I downgrade my OS later tonight.

03-11-11 06:42 PM
    I feel that ffejrobins30 fully deserves some credit. I gladly made the donation for this program. I was shrinking cod files manually before that so I didn't "really" need it but it has made it so much easier. Thanks dude!

mikeplus1 likes this.
    03-11-11 08:58 PM
    I feel that ffejrobins30 fully deserves some credit. I gladly made the donation for this program. I was shrinking cod files manually before that so I didn't "really" need it but it has made it so much easier. Thanks dude!
    I agree completely and also gladly made the small (optional) donation before I ever used the latest version even though I really didn't have to. It is worth every penny of it for sure and it works better than any other similar program out there with a lot more features.
    03-11-11 09:11 PM
    so are you saying if i install bbboss 2.2.1 i can or cant delete the Japanese Language files
    03-11-11 09:38 PM
    Don't delete it when you're shrinking. Just don't install it when you're running apploader and it gives you boxes to "check".

03-11-11 09:52 PM
    On another note, I've just noticed something else. I used version 2.2 to shrink JSL9000 v4.0 for my Bold 9000 and everything was awesome. I was using version 2.2.1 to shrink JSL9000 v4.5 last night and was having problems due to the Japanese language issue. After that was sorted, everything was good. I've just noticed that when I go to my media folder and press the menu button, I don't see "options" or "explore" anymore. I'm not sure if this is due to the program or the OS. I'm gonna try loading the OS straight up and see.

03-11-11 09:57 PM
    Options and Explore are still in my Media Menu and I did shrink using BB Boss 2.2.1 before installing OS6.0.0.4966(499) on my 9650.
    03-11-11 10:21 PM
    Ok so here's what I did today. Back up, did security wipe. Tried to wipe device with BB Boss 2.2.1 but it says java error when I try to connect to phone, not sure why. Restarted computer but still same error. I reloaded JSL v4.5 straight up. Went to my media folder, options & explore are both back. Went into OS java folder on the PC and manually shrunk the OS and reloaded. I still have media options & explore. This time I didn't use Boss at all. Thought you'd like to know.

03-12-11 01:38 PM
    Why is BB Boss doing this?

03-12-11 06:04 PM
    Why is BB Boss doing this?

What is it doing???
    03-12-11 06:29 PM
    Only removing 16.5mb and it should of removed roughly 70mb.
    03-12-11 06:39 PM
    Now its not removing anything, just stays the same.
    03-12-11 06:44 PM
    I just shrunk with the EXACT same settings as you have in the picture and it removed 119.4MB from the OS. I added everything back in, then removed exactly the same, and repeated this cycle 20 times...not one single problem, so I'm not sure. This is the first time I've heard of this problem...I'll look into it, but since I can't recreate the issue, I have no guarantees that I can "fix" it.
    Last edited by ffejrobins30; 03-12-11 at 06:52 PM.
    03-12-11 06:49 PM
331 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD