Hi,

I downloaded it and used it. And I must say that this shrinker is any day better than Shrink-A-os. I was using SAOS and it was sloppy, confusing and buggy. But this one rocks and does remove what you ask it to.

Cheers! Keep up the good work.

Thanks.
    01-31-11 10:54 AM
    Time to eat my words. After doing a security wipe, then a wipe via BB Boss and a full software reload, the system initially did NOT have WSOP, Bubble Bash, Google Chat, and Yahoo IM, Rogers Shop, Mobile Backup, and Zoompass. A short while later, they all appeared. Clearly they are pushed, indeed.

Apologies for the misinformation.

Kevin

The "Junk" folder option has been my go-to for years, it gets the job done.

I have my doubts that WSOP, Bubble Bash, Google Chat, and Yahoo IM are pushed by Rogers, particularly since they are present before the wireless connection is ever enabled.

I ZoomPass and Rogers Shop are clearly pushed...no question there.

Why, though, does Mobile Backup and Voice notes remain, even when checked in the system? Why is there a video even when I've checked the option to eliminate it? I'm more inclined to think it's BB Boss not actually pulling them...no knock on the software, consider this to be a bug report, if anything.
    02-02-11 06:12 PM
    Derrickps3 - here's how to fix that issue on your netbook: How to get better resolution on your standard 10 inch netbook

When my laptop broke all I could afford was a netbook, this hack saved my sanity.
    02-02-11 07:58 PM
    hii.. quick quesstion.. is 2.0 included in the new BDHP 6.1 version posted elsewhere on 2nd Feb!?

Yes pretty much the same, By look but it shrinks more cods then ur tool. Ur tool set the prescident we just took a more invasive approach. 2.0 will have features that other shrinking/bb tools don't include

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-11 04:08 PM
    Can you make this a stand-alone executable please?

I like having portable .exe's in my Dropbox so that when the settings are saved to the .ini file, they are synched across all my machines so I can upgrade anywhere I like with the same settings.

Thanks for the tool btw.

edit:
    Also another thing I'd like to suggest; would it be possible to add 'balloon' tool-tips to each one of the options to explain what each and every-one of them does?
    It doesn't need to be done for all of them... i.e. you hardly need 'help' tool-tips for languages
    Last edited by DefconN; 02-17-11 at 05:25 AM.
    02-17-11 05:14 AM
    Hello, Not sure if you are aware of this but there is a small bug present in 2.0 for x64, it defaults to the Program Files folder instead of the Program Files(x86) folder required for 64 bit OSes.
    02-25-11 03:19 PM
    Hello, Not sure if you are aware of this but there is a small bug present in 2.0 for x64, it defaults to the Program Files folder instead of the Program Files(x86) folder required for 64 bit OSes.

Very true. I have notified the developer and this glitch will be fixed in the next version
    02-25-11 03:31 PM
    I loaded the app but cannot see the bottom to run. What did I miss ?
    Sounds dumb but the bottom of you window dose not fit on my PC screen. Help please.
    02-27-11 03:25 AM
    Could really use the tool but cannot see the modify button as the window is too tall. Yes I moved my toolbar to the side, any other suggestions ?
    02-27-11 05:16 AM
    JH, is there not a scroll bar on the right side and bottom?
    02-27-11 10:23 AM
    I loaded the app but cannot see the bottom to run. What did I miss ?
    Sounds dumb but the bottom of you window dose not fit on my PC screen. Help please.
    do you use a netbook?
    02-27-11 01:17 PM
    UPDATE 2/27/11
    I use a netbook. no scroll bar on the right. will try double click and reset resolution. I have read the entire post and found others with the same issue. Thanks for the help.

Can not see modify button on my PC after install of BB Boss OS Shrinker.
    Loads ok but too big(long) to fit on PC screen. Anyone else see this issue ?
    Can anyone point me to a fix, Please ? I've been removing COD and shrinking individually from java on every OS dl for months. I would really like to use this great tool. I have asked for help on this several times. Anybody ?
    Joepa
    Last edited by JHawaii; 02-27-11 at 04:14 PM.
    02-27-11 03:48 PM
    This is a known issue with Version 1.1

If you are using a netbook, you need to lookup how to "hack" it for higher screen resolution. Anything above 800x600 will show everything.

I will be releasing an update this next week as long as things stay on track. The update addresses this problem.
    02-27-11 04:11 PM
    I must say, I love this app! What I would like to see though, is the option to remove the Setup Wizard. Also, it doesn't remove the preloaded video and music, but it's not a big issue for me. Other than that, it works well!

Great work with this one!
    03-01-11 03:37 PM
    So I followed the instructions, remvoed old device applications, intsalled the new: .461 on my computer. (have a 9700 and have XP)

Downloaded BB Bos shriker and selected what I didnt want on my new os...

When I clicked add/remove program it took 1 sec and said that there as 0 Mb total modification... tried it a few times but had the same result...

help!
    d33pa likes this.
    03-02-11 04:09 AM
    So I followed the instructions, remvoed old device applications, intsalled the new: .461 on my computer. (have a 9700 and have XP)

Downloaded BB Bos shriker and selected what I didnt want on my new os...

When I clicked add/remove program it took 1 sec and said that there as 0 Mb total modification... tried it a few times but had the same result...

help!
    This has been covered in this thread a couple times. This is a known bug in this version. The fix is to start the app using administrator privileges by right clicking the icon and clicking "Run as Administartor"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-11 10:34 AM
    I never could get the app loader to get past the detect communications port part. I have my usb plugged in to front usb port
    05-11-11 11:57 PM
    I never could get the app loader to get past the detect communications port part. I have my usb plugged in to front usb port
    Same with me. I have been trying to shrink the new 9700 update 6.0.0.600 and the shrinker could not detect my BB. I have installed/uninstalled many times and relogged in countless times. Pls help. Thanks.
    06-11-11 06:34 PM
    Hi!

I'm having some trouble with BB Boss. It reads my device about 10% of the time I have it hooked up. Other times, it just says my connection has failed. I have to re-shrink my device because I tried deleting an app via Desktop Manager and upon rebooting, lost the 10-15 MB I gained after shrinking.

Thanks

p.s. I am using Windows as an admin and it still doesn't properly detect (i.e. only 10% or so of the time. Even if it does, it reades 0MB total modification).
    Last edited by writergal; 06-11-11 at 07:37 PM.
    06-11-11 07:32 PM
    Hi!

I'm having some trouble with BB Boss. It reads my device about 10% of the time I have it hooked up. Other times, it just says my connection has failed. I have to re-shrink my device because I tried deleting an app via Desktop Manager and upon rebooting, lost the 10-15 MB I gained after shrinking.

Thanks

p.s. I am using Windows as an admin and it still doesn't properly detect (i.e. only 10% or so of the time. Even if it does, it reades 0MB total modification).
    Check your PM.
    06-13-11 08:15 PM
    a friend needs help hes trying to shrink his os 6.0.0.576. cant manage to connect his fone .....
    06-20-11 04:27 AM
    Norton has marked bb boss 2.2 setup.exe as a threat and removed from my system as soon as the dload completed.

WS.Reputation.1 - Threat Type: Insight Network Threat. There are many indications that this file is untrustworthy and therefore not safe.
    08-06-11 08:14 AM
    This application hasn't been updated in ages. BBHTools v4.9.2 is lightyears ahead!
    08-06-11 08:52 AM
    Norton has marked bb boss 2.2 setup.exe as a threat and removed from my system as soon as the dload completed.

WS.Reputation.1 - Threat Type: Insight Network Threat. There are many indications that this file is untrustworthy and therefore not safe.
    I find Norton is not trustworthy. I think big companies pay them to block software like this so that people don't perform unintended actions like shrinking. Norton marked my Ubuntu server DVD image as virus too!
    05-10-12 08:26 AM
    I find Norton is not trustworthy. I think big companies pay them to block software like this so that people don't perform unintended actions like shrinking. Norton marked my Ubuntu server DVD image as virus too!
    Oh come on! There is no conspiracy. If you're suggesting RIM is behind this, why doesn't NAV detect BBSAK or BBHTOOL? Anti-virus software recognizes threats by looking for patterns in the files. If a pattern appears to match, it's considered a threat. For whatever reason, NAV thinks BBOS contains a threat. There is (or at least used to be) a mechanism to report false positives and that's what should be done here, if anyone cares. The reality from what I understand is that BBOS isn't maintained so this is somewhat irrelevent.
    cobracam likes this.
    05-10-12 09:56 AM
101 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD