BB Boss OS Shrinker for Blackberry OS has been updated to version 1.1 and is available for download here:

setup.exe

With help from Suprah and the rest of the BDHP development crew, BB Boss has been updated with various GUI changes for simpler use, file removal updates, and repairs to a couple of bugs that were found in the original release with BDHPv5.

This build includes further compatibility with OS5 files.

Please feel free to email the development team at [email protected] with questions, comments, bug reports, or file additions.

Version 2.0 is under development and will include a ton of new features, stay tuned...

Disclaimer...
    This application is free to use with the understanding that FfejWorks, Inc. or any of the contributors to this project cannot be held responsible for any damage resulting from the use of this application. We have done our best to troubleshoot and provide a great user experience, but cannot guarantee a positive outcome.
    01-15-11 09:22 PM
    Awesome man, thanks!
    Glad you got that hebrew/help bug fixed
    Lookin forward to seeing 2.0
    01-15-11 10:10 PM
    Question: does it install registry files or anything, or is it still a self-sustaining file? Need to know for whenever I make my next hybrid thanks man.
    01-15-11 10:14 PM
    Aside from the install program, there are no registry files installed. All the settings are saved in an INI file in the application folder.
    01-15-11 10:23 PM
    Well, there's been a bunch of downloads, but no comments? What do you guys think??? Let us know so we can get major upgrades built into Version 2.0. If we don't know what you want/need, we can't add it.
    01-17-11 12:32 AM
    Just add every single advanced and hidden feature you can, that's what I want

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-11 12:34 AM
    Just add every single advanced and hidden feature you can, that's what I want

^I agree with this^
    ghalls666 likes this.
    01-17-11 11:30 AM
    how does this thing even work?
    01-17-11 04:29 PM
    Open it, select the OS build that you want to shrink, then go to town selecting thaings that you want to remove. Things that are checked will be removed, things that are not checked will stay. Then select the modify button at the bottom. The shrinker will remove your selections.

Now, select the "Launch AppLoader" option in the file menu and install the OS to your phone like you would a normal installation.

Jamaicangirl81 likes this.
    01-17-11 04:37 PM
    �.� works jus like bbhtool but better

01-17-11 04:50 PM
    I fairy-napped tinkle-bell and sprinkled her magic pixie dust on it.

Just install and run it, then shrink what you want out of your OS and load what's left with loader.exe.
    01-17-11 05:08 PM
    �.� works jus like bbhtool but better

curious how its better? Looks to be pretty much the same to me

and before someone thinks I'm attacking here, I am absolutely not. Merely being constructive.
    Last edited by lyricidal; 01-17-11 at 08:18 PM. Reason: added second line
    01-17-11 08:14 PM
    curious how its better? Looks to be pretty much the same to me

and before someone thinks I'm attacking here, I am absolutely not. Merely being constructive.
    Yes pretty much the same, By look but it shrinks more cods then ur tool. Ur tool set the prescident we just took a more invasive approach. 2.0 will have features that other shrinking/bb tools don't include

01-17-11 09:06 PM
    Yes pretty much the same, By look but it shrinks more cods then ur tool. Ur tool set the prescident we just took a more invasive approach. 2.0 will have features that other shrinking/bb tools don't include

Fair enough, a quick bug report:
    - Java folder size is reported incorrectly, example: just tried 9700 - 6.0.0.424 and Windows reports 143mb for the full Java folder, but the app shows 146.9 mb, therefore making the shrunk size and total modified incorrect
    01-17-11 09:21 PM
    Will check it out...thanks for the input. It's appreciated.

01-17-11 09:23 PM
    Will check it out...thanks for the input. It's appreciated.

I think the solution is to change 1000 to 1024 in your conversion of one to the other
    01-17-11 09:27 PM
    Although I'm not an involved party with either app, thanks for helping Lyricidal - and I have to admit, while I like this program SAOS is currently indispensable to me for the create-a-jad feature.
    01-17-11 09:37 PM
    the conversion is already 1024. I show 146 in shrinker on a 9700 .418 build, windows reports 143 size, 146 Size on disk, which is the true folder size due to the way the file system works. The JVM on BB does do it differently, so I'll have to find the correct conversion. Thanks for the catch.
    01-17-11 09:39 PM
    Great program, I waas able to shrink out 40mb on top of Shrink a OS
    01-18-11 06:31 PM
    how is this program any different than the bbhybrids tool? comparing the shrink options, they seem to give almost the same options to shrink
    01-18-11 06:53 PM
    It shrinks more things out and was coded mainly for OS6 builds. It has been updated since the initial release to have improved support for removing OS5 files.

BBHybrids Tool and lyricidal set the bar, and the contributions from both cannot be overlooked, but I am looking to expand on it. Version 2.0 is currently underway and will include an easier to use, more intuitive GUI and many more features currently not found in either Shrinker App.
    Guatiao likes this.
    01-18-11 07:53 PM
    An interesting program.

Why do you put in options to remove the languages? DM does that much better.

Likewise why individually remove each carrier's themes. Just remove them all. The phone's Vendor ID will forbid all but one carrier's themes getting loaded anyway and it keeps you UI much simpler.

When I wrote CrackMem I deliberately did not duplicate actions in my program that DM was already able to do.

I have not updataed CrackMem for a while but I now have a pretty much complete list of what is safely removable from most OS6 builds.

Under OS6 one needs to be very careful as to what is removed. For instance, if you remove VAD then you lose the Options function in the Phone app. Take out Tasks and you lose other stuff. OS6 seems a bit to tightly integrated to me. It is almost as if RIM is trying to trip up us OS shrinkers.

I am not criticising your program, just commenting.
    Guatiao likes this.
    01-18-11 08:10 PM
    What are MBP Files?

01-18-11 08:26 PM
    An interesting program.

Why do you put in options to remove the languages? DM does that much better.

Likewise why individually remove each carrier's themes. Just remove them all. The phone's Vendor ID will forbid all but one carrier's themes getting loaded anyway and it keeps you UI much simpler.

When I wrote CrackMem I deliberately did not duplicate actions in my program that DM was already able to do.

I have not updataed CrackMem for a while but I now have a pretty much complete list of what is safely removable from most OS6 builds.

Under OS6 one needs to be very careful as to what is removed. For instance, if you remove VAD then you lose the Options function in the Phone app. Take out Tasks and you lose other stuff. OS6 seems a bit to tightly integrated to me. It is almost as if RIM is trying to trip up us OS shrinkers.

I am not criticising your program, just commenting.
    I see ur points but reason y themes are enabled to be selected individually because the consensus want to have their mobile company brand themes on their phone. The op is the coder and researcher of the program but I [as well as the bdhp hybrid testing team] test and point out ideas for the program. Ppl are petty they don't want to be forced to delete all the themes at once when they just want to delete one or two. U can jus simply check all under themes to delete all the themes. The GUI is least of our concern. We want functionality and simpicity to be flawless. UI will improve with time. U don't want a crappy app with a good ui. Same goes for language files people want to ensure the lang they want on their device is not interfiered with.

As for cod shrinking. If u opened the app [assuming u did] u can see VAD shrinking options is under advanced users only section. So its a forewarning for users that these files can cause trouble but its there as a option to be shrunk because not all users are having " missing phone options when deleting VAD files" problem. Like I said these files are in the shrinker because I've tested and read what files cause trouble when removed. The OP as well tested my ideas and hence we brought bb boss. This was made with the consumers in mind not the ppl who knows how to shrink. Noobs now adays want to shrink os' too so this app spells every detail out for them so they do not mess up their os loads or what have u. Bb boss 2.0 will be the same and unleash more javaloader.exe features that other tools of similarity do not include. IMO this app dictates more then bbsak

01-18-11 09:52 PM
    Ill stick with BBHtool
    01-18-11 10:34 PM
101 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD