What is going on with BB App World?

For days it's been SO SLOW! Slow to open, slow to load, slow to search!

Is anyone else noticing this???

TIA
    04-09-11 05:35 PM
    Fine for me!
    04-09-11 05:55 PM
    I'm trying a battery pull now.....
    04-09-11 06:04 PM
    Don't know if this is a coincidence but everything worked fine for me in the app world, except for when go in Themes... it would take forever to load and eventually freeze with the hour glass

I was wondering if it was just my phone since I just upgraded to .534
    04-09-11 06:18 PM
    I have found some days mine runs slow as well, I just give up and close it off and try it another day.
    04-09-11 08:30 PM
    I have found some days mine runs slow as well, I just give up and close it off and try it another day.
    I find the same....very weird. Yesterday and today have been pretty bad. Weird.
    04-09-11 08:32 PM
    Fine for me but when I'm downloading an app or something, the whole phone is unusable to the point where I get frusterated. Anyone else have this problem?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-11 08:54 PM
    Speeds been fine with me but I've noticed Trapster is no longer available with bb app world

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-11 09:33 PM
    Moving to Native Apps
    04-10-11 12:10 AM
    Been slow for me too.....especially scrolling through the feature view.
    04-14-11 12:20 AM
    Been fine for me and I use it everyday!
    04-14-11 10:02 PM
    Figured out why Trapster's no longer available on bb app world

Apple Drops Apps For DUI Checkpoints

It's getting harder for tech-savvy drivers to pinpoint the locations of police drunken-driving checkpoints: Apple will ban from its online store future applications that inform users of checkpoint locations not publicized by police.

The move comes three months after four Democratic U.S. senators � Charles Schumer of New York, Harry Reid of Nevada, Frank Lautenberg of New Jersey and Tom Udall of New Mexico � asked three smartphone manufacturers to quit selling such downloadable apps or to remove the DUI checkpoint function.

Canada-based Research in Motion, maker of Blackberry smartphones, pulled the apps immediately. Apple, manufacturer of the iPhone, and Google, which makes the Android, did not. Last month at a hearing before the Senate subcommittee on privacy, technology and the law, Schumer pressed top executives from Apple and Google to restrict sales of such apps.

On Wednesday, Apple updated the review guidelines for its App Store: "Apps which contain DUI checkpoints that are not published by law enforcement agencies, or encourage and enable drunk driving, will be rejected," the new guidelines say.

The senators applauded Apple's move to restrict future such apps but said the company also should remove current ones. "I strongly encourage Apple to take the next responsible step of removing all applications that allow unsafe drivers to evade police checkpoints," Reid said.

Apple did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

USA TODAY reported in March on the growing popularity of free or cheap, downloadable applications that help drivers avoid getting nailed for road offenses such as red-light camera violations and speed-trap busts. The report noted that the DUI function of some apps troubled some police agencies, which prompted the senators' request.

Fuzz Alert, one popular app that had the DUI checkpoint function, was altered last month to remove it, Fuzz Alert CEO Steve Croke said. "Fuzz Alert was not a DUI app and was never intended to be a DUI app," he said. "(It) was designed as an audio-visual electronic device to warn drivers of traffic enforcement and speed impediment areas (such as) speed cameras, red light cameras and road hazards. The DUI aspect was never a core component to Fuzz Alert, so we took it out."
    06-09-11 06:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD