I am in Thailand and RIM's system won't let me download BB App World. Under 4.6 I force fed it BBM from COD files I found on the web and it worked great. That version doesn't work under 5.0. If you have BB App World working under 5.0 please extract the two cod files for me and let me know where I can go download them. Using Javaloader I can force feed them to my BB and get BBM working again. The files needed are listed below. Much thanks to anyone who can help me with this issue.

Thanks to poster below for correcting errors in my cod file names.

net_rim_bb_appworld.cod
    net_rim_bb_appworld_resource_en.cod

Also if you have it please upload this file also.

net_rim_bb_appworld_resource_th.cod
    Last edited by jackbox; 12-10-09 at 10:07 AM.
    12-09-09 09:35 PM
    Bump...Somebody please post the requested COD files. Thank you.
    12-10-09 09:05 AM
    i believe its

net_rim_bb_appworld.cod
    or
    net_rim_bb_appworld_resource_en.cod

havent heard about any peer file
    12-10-09 09:55 AM
    I need someone to extract them using BBSAK and put them up on Rapidshare or Megaupload so I can use BlackBerry App World on my device. I cannot download it because I am in Thailand.
    12-10-09 09:57 AM
    1. Download atached zip files
    2. Unzip them to your desktop (extract them all in a single and same folder)
    3. Copy the files net_rim_bb_appworld.cod, net_rim_bb_appworld_resource_en.cod and JavaLoader.exe to the following folder depending on your Windows OS:
    3.1 In Windows Vista "C:\Users\(Your User)
    3.2 In Windows XP "C:\DocumentsandSettings\(Your User)
    4. Start CMD (Windows Key + R and then type CMD)
    5. Plug-in your BlackBerry
    6. Type: javaloader -u load net_rim_bb_appworld_resource_en.cod
    once done type next one:
    7- Type: javaloader -u load net_rim_bb_appworld.cod
    dtnguyen likes this.
    12-10-09 10:08 AM
    cant you download from here as i have attached em in my post ?
    12-10-09 10:08 AM
    Thank you so much. I will load then now and report back if it works.
    12-10-09 10:10 AM
    Sure thing hope it workout for you
    12-10-09 10:21 AM
    That was weird. After using Javaloader to load the files in my Downloads folder there was a weird looking icon that was called "Application Updater." When I ran the app it said that the application needs to be updated to work with OS 5.0. When I scrolled down BlackBerry App World was listed. I clicked update and it downloaded the updated version. Then when it was done it said the application was updated and I clicked finish. The icon in Downloads was gone and BlackBerry App World is now happily residing in my Applications directory and working.

Once again. Thank you very, very much.
    12-10-09 10:27 AM
    All my Pleasure
    12-10-09 10:51 AM
    hi, i downloaded and did per instructions given but when i typed the javaloader it says javaloader isnt recognised..weird. any idea why???
    12-11-09 04:48 AM
    The downloads are zip files. You have to extract the files from the zips before you can execute javaloader.
    12-11-09 04:57 AM
    tried this...it didnt work...my phone just kept restarting
    12-20-09 08:53 PM
    Doesn't work for my Storm2
    JavaLoader has processed ok, but after reset I cann't find AppWorld on the device
    01-12-10 06:52 AM
    That was weird. After using Javaloader to load the files in my Downloads folder there was a weird looking icon that was called "Application Updater." When I ran the app it said that the application needs to be updated to work with OS 5.0. When I scrolled down BlackBerry App World was listed. I clicked update and it downloaded the updated version. Then when it was done it said the application was updated and I clicked finish. The icon in Downloads was gone and BlackBerry App World is now happily residing in my Applications directory and working.

Once again. Thank you very, very much.
    Hey Im running OS5.0.411 as well and having the same issue. Are you on BIS or BES? I dont have BB data plan and having hackd browser thing only. Can you please tell me if this method works without data plan? Thanks
    01-18-10 01:48 AM
    ...I dont have BB data plan and having hackd browser thing only. Can you please tell me if this method works without data plan? Thanks
    No BB data plan = No BB App World... period
    01-18-10 12:05 PM
    appworld icon appeared on my mobile but when i open it a msg appear "you must upgrade your client in order to continue" i press download it opens blackberry.com
    07-10-10 03:42 PM
    That was probably a pushed icon so you could download AppWorld from blackberry.com...
    07-10-10 06:38 PM
    No BB data plan = No BB App World... period
    Not actually true... using the OTA install link in my sig, I installed and used BB App World for quite a while on my 9700 just off of Wifi. YMMV, of course, and I've since upgraded to a proper BIS plan
    07-10-10 07:26 PM
    Files did load, atleast that's what i saw in the command prompt window, but no new icon found in my 8900
    08-31-10 12:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD