I'm having problems with re-connecting my BBM 5 by remote contact list recovery and all i get checking email status for a long time, so I re-install than re-install again and nothing than thought it was my OS or the new storm so finally found this post which was clear after that it wasn’t the new Storm nor it was my OS this issue is RIM (BB) on their side I hope they get this fixes ASAP i need recovery on my BBM contacts and groups which i have a backup but pics disap. and can't connect to them and won't send email to confirm recovery everything else is working fine all my 11 emails, wifi, etc...

I really thinks BB should of said something about this.

I've been searching for answers on this since i got my new Storm2 and finally found an answer check it out:

Deleting BBM Group Calendar

If any one can help with this please post !!! thanks!!!
    Last edited by JNYBOY; 11-03-09 at 05:44 AM.
    11-03-09 05:36 AM
    I'm also still having the same issue your having. Today rim might have it fixed but that's a maybe.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-09 05:52 AM
    I'm also still having the same issue your having. Today rim might have it fixed but that's a maybe.

Thanks.. man this has been so up setting! lets see what happends.
    11-03-09 05:55 AM
    No problem I was told that yesterday when I went to the verizon store. The rep also stated if I continue to have this issue they can exchange my phone but I honestly know its not my phone its the bbm server.

11-03-09 06:01 AM
    Of you never set your previous phone up to backup online it will not be able to do a restore from your email address. I have seen numerous people complaining of this and the issue was that they were backing up on the memory card.

11-03-09 06:52 AM
    Of you never set your previous phone up to backup online it will not be able to do a restore from your email address. I have seen numerous people complaining of this and the issue was that they were backing up on the memory card.

I understand whay your saying i only backed up my bbm thru email only never did it to my memory card but when it gets fixed i'm gonna do that first
    11-03-09 07:50 AM
    all i did was did a backup using the email then it tells you that your device is already associated with an email if you would like to back it up and hit yes.. i was having the same problem of just trying to back up.. but it wont let you.. im on Storm 2 with bbm .66 installed.. and it worked for me this way
    03-24-10 07:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD