hi guys, im a newbie here trying to get help from all of you T_T

I got a BB 8830 world edition originally with telus from a friend, and i wanted to use my Fido sim card. So I unlocked the phone with a unlocking software. The phone is now unlocked for sure, but when I tried with my Fido card it tells me no service. The sim card works fine on any other phones. I also tried with my Rogers card. same thing. I tried everythin, battery pull, switch radio on and off, changed the network to GSM, tried manually search network, hard reset, reload OS...etc. couldnt find a solution to it.

can anyone help please??
    01-07-10 12:41 PM
    hi guys, im a newbie here trying to get help from all of you T_T

I got a BB 8830 world edition originally with telus from a friend, and i wanted to use my Fido sim card. So I unlocked the phone with a unlocking software. The phone is now unlocked for sure, but when I tried with my Fido card it tells me no service. The sim card works fine on any other phones. I also tried with my Rogers card. same thing. I tried everythin, battery pull, switch radio on and off, changed the network to GSM, tried manually search network, hard reset, reload OS...etc. couldnt find a solution to it.

can anyone help please??
    8830WE's only work with European GSM Carriers.
    01-08-10 03:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD