Hmm, I MUST have done something wrong then...
    01-11-10 07:58 PM
    With your demure look- You can no wrong- now down to business-

I did 3 batter pulls in a row once I installed .419- there were more resets during the software re-installs- and to be safe- I did 2 more after everything was loaded- every day it got better-

I'll keep you informed if you'd like- - given the impending official release- I see no need to load the 419/421 Hybrid - I'm pretty tired of reloading software and reconfiguring my folders the way I like !

Best to you in 2010

F
    01-11-10 08:12 PM
    Maybe i shouldve waited for the official 5.0.
    Today I got a brand new Tour in the mail because my old Tour had to get replaced due to track ball issues. So i thought it was a good idea to install the 419/421 hybrid on the new phone. might as well have a fresh new OS on a fresh new phone brand new out of box.

I install everything, swapped java folders, wiped phone, shrink a os, lauch loader, install, restore, the whole thing. First impression, loved it. Loved everything about it compared to the old 4.7 tour i had. While I was dloading back my old apps through app world, i saw the signal completely going down. No bar strength at all for seconds at a time. Then I get full signal again, then gone again. The tour goes into search mode, then full signal again after 2 seconds. This was definitely giving the battery a workout.

I was doing this all from my home, where i always have full signal strength. This is the first time ive ever seen the radio on the tour going into search mode outside of the nyc subways! I thought the 421 hybrid was supposed to fix the radio problems?
    01-11-10 08:38 PM
    My 419 has shown me excellant battery life, even on BES I have gone 24 hours with no charging and then only been down to 50% battery.

Me thinks radio reception and location has something to do with this and I wonder is the duel GSM/CDMA radio is the basis of the problem? People are all over the board with battery life.

We need a something of a poll but with all the OS different flavors out there, I don't know how to create one, perhaps it's me but has the Verizon Tour users had more issues with battery life esp since 419?
    you and me both. seems like its the same problems with our verizon tours.

Maybe i shouldve waited for the official 5.0.
    Today I got a brand new Tour in the mail because my old Tour had to get replaced due to track ball issues. So i thought it was a good idea to install the 419/421 hybrid on the new phone. might as well have a fresh new OS on a fresh new phone brand new out of box.

I install everything, swapped java folders, wiped phone, shrink a os, lauch loader, install, restore, the whole thing. First impression, loved it. Loved everything about it compared to the old 4.7 tour i had. While I was dloading back my old apps through app world, i saw the signal completely going down. No bar strength at all for seconds at a time. Then I get full signal again, then gone again. The tour goes into search mode, then full signal again after 2 seconds. This was definitely giving the battery a workout.

I was doing this all from my home, where i always have full signal strength. This is the first time ive ever seen the radio on the tour going into search mode outside of the nyc subways! I thought the 421 hybrid was supposed to fix the radio problems?
    01-11-10 08:43 PM
    As I have been banned from purchasing any more apps for my work issued Tour (my wife just doesn't understand the need to feed the habit!) or I'd get MeterBerry for this, so I did an hour-to-hour listing of battery drain and how many phone calls I made/received, along with how long during that hour the calls last (in total). And the results:
    04:30 - Up and at 'em. Pulled Tour off cradle. Battery = 100%
    08:00 - at work. Battery = 93%
    09:00 - 86%; 2 calls for 5 minutes total; lots of email and SMS read.
    10:00 - 82%; 1 call for 2 minutes; lots pf emails and SMS.
    11:00 - 79%; 1 call for 5 minutes; a few emails and SMS.
    12:00 - 76%; 0 calls; a few emails and SMS.
    13:00 - 70%; 2 calls for 10 minutes; a couple of emails and a few SMS.
    14:00 - 63%; 1 call for 5 minutes; no emails, a few SMS
    15:00 - 58%; 3 calls for 10 minutes; a couple emails, a couple SMS
    16:00 - 53%; 2 calls, 5 minutes; a couple of SMS, no emails
    and finally the day is done
    18:30 - 43%; 3 calls; 5 minutes; a couple more SMS, 1 email.

And that is a typical day. What I did not track is memory, but I ended the day at 92.6MB, and then did a battery pull, and my memory was at 100.2MB, so during the course of the day, I only leaked approx. 8MB. That is entirely acceptable to me.

And, finally, that battery pull took 3 minutes 15 seconds from battery insert to completion of security verification.

Cheers . . .
    01-11-10 08:52 PM
    That was quite the scientific study..... Bravo!

Only stayed with .419 for a day, so hard to judge the battery life before it really settled in. Once I upgraded to the .419/.411 combo and let that settle, my battery life has been ABSURDLY good.
    01-12-10 07:02 AM
    I went straight into a 419/421 yesterday around this time on a brand new Tour. I'll let it settle in for a little bit, i guess giving it 3-4 days and then see how it goes, but my radio being so all-over-the-place, it's really giving the battery a workout.
    01-12-10 08:59 AM
    That was quite the scientific study..... Bravo!

Only stayed with .419 for a day, so hard to judge the battery life before it really settled in. Once I upgraded to the .419/.411 combo and let that settle, my battery life has been ABSURDLY good.
    I actually have 419/436 on mine...
    01-12-10 10:31 AM
    I actually have 419/436 on mine...
    To every person their own! There are plenty of combos so find out what works best for you.
    01-12-10 11:51 AM
    To every person their own! There are plenty of combos so find out what works best for you.
    Chill. I was just trying to find out what is wrong with mine....
    01-12-10 12:43 PM
    I should have added a smiley it was an excited !, not an angry ! For BB enthusiasts who enjoy hybrids and OS changes, .419 has been very exciting due to all the different hybrid combinations.
    01-12-10 01:48 PM
    01-12-10 02:12 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD