Best OS i've used on my phone. Stable, error free, improved battery life and boot time. Only complaint i have is that the GPS locking is very poor. On other hybrids i get 20m gps locking inside a building consistently. On this hybrid i get 900m locking inside a building. If that issue is solved this OS would be perfect.
    04-25-12 10:32 PM
    Since I had the most luck with your hybrids in the past, I am downloading this NOW! LOL!

Though 30 KB/s limit with that link?!?!? Wow... That would take over an HOUR... I found a mirror and it finished in 10 seconds: Free file sharing - Direct download - Free file hosting

Installing now...
    atarinerd93 likes this.
    04-26-12 02:00 AM
    Best OS i've used on my phone. Stable, error free, improved battery life and boot time. Only complaint i have is that the GPS locking is very poor. On other hybrids i get 20m gps locking inside a building consistently. On this hybrid i get 900m locking inside a building. If that issue is solved this OS would be perfect.
    sorry i'm never using gps. i will check later
    Since I had the most luck with your hybrids in the past, I am downloading this NOW! LOL!

Though 30 KB/s limit with that link?!?!? Wow... That would take over an HOUR... I found a mirror and it finished in 10 seconds: Free file sharing - Direct download - Free file hosting

Installing now...
    LMAO! bzlink.us is good file hosting in Asian, so i using that. thanks for mirror link
    04-26-12 09:19 AM
    OK, so far so good -- except there was no VVM, so I used BBHTool to inject the VVM cods from .723 and all is well (except so far it uses ~10-15 more megs of RAM than my previous hybrid, but that may change as I set it up and break it in).

I have uploaded the English versions of them, and you can grab them here: Download .723 VVM Cods.7z from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

I'll update with anything else I have come across as it breaks in. Thanks again!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As previously mentioned, the stock ringtones were nowhere to be found. To answer his or her question, you install the COD with "ringtones" in it from the stock .723 installation. It was named "net_rim_bb_mediaOTA_ringtones_480x360_08_b.co d" for me. I used BBHTool to install it. Works like a charm!

Less of a memory leak than the last couple hybrids I used, too. So far, so good. Fast and responsive!
    Last edited by ShnikeJSB; 04-28-12 at 01:34 PM.
    04-26-12 05:03 PM
    Well, after nearly a week using this hybrid, it is by far and away the best I've ever used! There doesn't seem to be a memory leak like the zillion previous OS'es I've used, and when I quit an app, it seems to release the memory very quickly instead of me having to use my memory recover app! It uses ~7 megs more than my last couple hybrids, but it doesn't matter when it manages memory better. Also, I haven't gotten a single annoying 'out of memory' error in the Blackberry Browser since using this hybrid, which is simply awesome!

Apps launch and close quickly and there's less spinning clock waiting. The only problems I continue to have that I didn't solve above, is a couple apps will once in awhile start to launch, and freeze up, so I can't quit them. I also can't switch to the application's icon, as if it is running but not at the same time. Only doing a CTL-ALT-DEL reset gets things back to normal. Accuweather and MemoryBooster have done this a couple times each.

Secondly, there's a few apps in AppWorld that won't let me install or update again, saying they are not available for my phone (which I already had them installed previously...). One of them is the free full Nobex Radio given to us by RIMM, which is annoying... But I backed up my apps and installed it through my laptop.

Battery life seems fine, but I haven't really stressed it off the charger much.

So far, I'm loving it! I had been waiting for a new release in the Barracuda series, and now that I have it, I am happy as a clam!

Thanks again!
    05-01-12 11:52 PM
    i will update hybrid OS 6 soon thank you for any feedback
    05-03-12 01:08 AM
    Doesn't work for 3G 9330's. In fact, Loader doesnt even recognize the phone after ive extracted the files.
    05-03-12 06:00 PM
    Guys - I need some help here
    This is the 5th or 6th hybrid that I have installed recently and all share the same problem - when the battery reaches about 40%-50% the handheld just shuts down (with battery drained message) and I cannot use it anymore
    Even If I turn it back on, the battery shows 0% and I have no radio connectivity

Why is this happening on the my BB 9700 wit OS6 (I tried 623 and 668 with this, yvon, xarles and @
    05-05-12 12:59 AM
    Guys - I need some help here
    This is the 5th or 6th hybrid that I have installed recently and all share the same problem - when the battery reaches about 40%-50% the handheld just shuts down (with battery drained message) and I cannot use it anymore
    Even If I turn it back on, the battery shows 0% and I have no radio connectivity

Why is this happening on the my BB 9700 wit OS6 (I tried 623 and 668 with this, yvon, xarles and @
    You can use BBSAK/BB Boss/BBH tool to inject the patch, it's a phone dc resources cod. from OS .723, it will fix your problem (it takes 24 hours and few battery pulls). Phone dc resources cod. from OS 7.0/7.1 can cause battery reading error on OS 6. I think wu Wei already changed the phone dc resources to OS .723 on his latest hybrid Zig Zag.
    05-05-12 06:16 AM
    done - I hope this finally puts my misoury to an end will update post 24 hours

BTW - which one for the latest .723 hybrids will you say its the fastest / and enables browsing without closing the tabs at the blackberry browser too often?
    05-05-12 07:18 AM
    Doesn't work for 3G 9330's. In fact, Loader doesnt even recognize the phone after ive extracted the files.
    u need to delete the vendor.xml file. Sometimes there's a second file in c:/users/username/appdata/roaming/research in motion/blackberry/loader xml
    delete the file from there also.

NB: U need to unhide hidden folders in control panel folder options
    05-05-12 08:34 AM
    You can use BBSAK/BB Boss/BBH tool to inject the patch, it's a phone dc resources cod. from OS .723, it will fix your problem (it takes 24 hours and few battery pulls). Phone dc resources cod. from OS 7.0/7.1 can cause battery reading error on OS 6. I think wu Wei already changed the phone dc resources to OS .723 on his latest hybrid Zig Zag.
    from the last hour, I had to pull the battery twice once it went just a bit before 50%
    is that normal?

BTW - I saw in another thread that I have to patch with 3 files
    net_rim_bb_phone_dc_resources cod ,
    net_rim_bb_phone_resource cod.
    and net_rim_bb_phone_model_cod

in the patch there was just one...do you know if I need all 3 and from where can I get them?
    05-05-12 09:22 AM
    cannot installing to 9330,
    05-05-12 09:29 AM
    from the last hour, I had to pull the battery twice once it went just a bit before 50%
    is that normal?

BTW - I saw in another thread that I have to patch with 3 files
    net_rim_bb_phone_dc_resources cod ,
    net_rim_bb_phone_resource cod.
    and net_rim_bb_phone_model_cod

in the patch there was just one...do you know if I need all 3 and from where can I get them?
    I'm the one who gave the 3 cods., for this hybrid you only need 1 cod. since the other 2 cods. are already from OS 6.
    05-05-12 07:08 PM
    Problem : When browsing, my browser keep closing the tabs on my blackberry browser too often. Can someone help me here please..!
    05-07-12 11:33 AM
    Problem : When browsing, my browser keep closing the tabs on my blackberry browser too often. Can someone help me here please..!
    Unfortunately, there's not much you can do and it's the crap us BB users have to live with. It's an issue with the BB browser running out of memory when processing a page, not the hybridOS.

You might have better luck disabling Java in browser options. That should free up some memory and might allow you to load pages better, but with some loss of functionality.
    05-07-12 11:56 AM
    Ok thanks...so most hydrids have the same problem as well?..because this is my only turn off....but i love using these hybrids....
    05-07-12 12:02 PM
    Hybrids and official OS have same problem
    05-07-12 06:17 PM
    Thanks Wedgethx for your time.
    05-07-12 09:40 PM
    yup Hybrid or OS Official have same problem with browser if you open site with many images or desktop version will be closed with low memory
    05-08-12 05:44 PM
    I am still facing this issue
    after 4-5 days of usage, the device shuts down all of the sudden, even though the battery is more than 50% and post restart it shows an empty battery

I cannot work with my phone this way - so frustrating
    05-09-12 12:52 PM
    I'm the one who gave the 3 cods., for this hybrid you only need 1 cod. since the other 2 cods. are already from OS 6.
    I had that same problem with the battery reaching like ~30% and then suddenly dying, so I just assumed it was my extended battery reaching the end of its life. But I came across this and figured I'd install the COD. Well, I did, and now my phone is in an endless reboot loop... What can I do??? HELP!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE!

OK, after about 6 tries, I finally got things working again. What I ended up having to do is:

1. Connect the phone to the computer WITHOUT the battery in until the battery symbol with the red X shows up (this is the important step that finally made things work for me -- DO NOT SKIP THIS!)
    2. Start up BBHTool, go to the "Phone Tools" tab, put in the Phone Password if there is one, just to be ready quickly
    3. Keeping the phone connected to the computer, put your battery back in.
    4. While the phone is booting up and the progress bar is moving, keep clicking "Connect" as in BBHTool until it lets you connect to the phone.
    5. The second it actually lets you connect (when BBHTool "freezes" for a couple seconds and then comes back without an error), IMMEDIATELY and as quickly as possible, under ".COD Files:" click "Install", and select the original COD(s) or whatever COD you want to try reinstalling, then OK.
    6. This SHOULD work and BBHTool will say it has successfully reinstalled the COD(s), the phone will reboot, and it will actually FULLY reload this time!

The first bunch of times, I tried doing this with the battery ALREADY installed, and although BBHTool said the CODs installed successfully, the reboot cycle was still there. It was not until I connected without the battery first did it work! I don't know WHY, but it did! LOL!

If you ever have a problem like this, try what I did first before following the whole phone wipe/apploader reset. It can't hurt!

PHEW!
    Last edited by ShnikeJSB; 05-09-12 at 02:43 PM.
    05-09-12 01:44 PM
    I had that same problem with the battery reaching like ~30% and then suddenly dying, so I just assumed it was my extended battery reaching the end of its life. But I came across this and figured I'd install the COD. Well, I did, and now my phone is in an endless reboot loop... What can I do??? HELP!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE!

OK, after about 6 tries, I finally got things working again. What I ended up having to do is:

1. Connect the phone to the computer WITHOUT the battery in until the battery symbol with the red X shows up (this is the important step that finally made things work for me -- DO NOT SKIP THIS!)
    2. Start up BBHTool, go to the "Phone Tools" tab, put in the Phone Password if there is one, just to be ready quickly
    3. Keeping the phone connected to the computer, put your battery back in.
    4. While the phone is booting up and the progress bar is moving, keep clicking "Connect" as in BBHTool until it lets you connect to the phone.
    5. The second it actually lets you connect (when BBHTool "freezes" for a couple seconds and then comes back without an error), IMMEDIATELY and as quickly as possible, under ".COD Files:" click "Install", and select the original COD(s) or whatever COD you want to try reinstalling, then OK.
    6. This SHOULD work and BBHTool will say it has successfully reinstalled the COD(s), the phone will reboot, and it will actually FULLY reload this time!

The first bunch of times, I tried doing this with the battery ALREADY installed, and although BBHTool said the CODs installed successfully, the reboot cycle was still there. It was not until I connected without the battery first did it work! I don't know WHY, but it did! LOL!

If you ever have a problem like this, try what I did first before following the whole phone wipe/apploader reset. It can't hurt!

PHEW!
    I always use BB Boss 2.2.2 for injecting a cod/cods, especially multiple cods. So far it never fails to install all the cods. and I use BBH tool for shrinking an OS since it's been updated for OS 7.0/7.1...
    05-10-12 03:46 AM
    I am still facing this issue
    after 4-5 days of usage, the device shuts down all of the sudden, even though the battery is more than 50% and post restart it shows an empty battery

Click to view quoted image

I cannot work with my phone this way - so frustrating
    If you have injected the cod and you're still facing the problem (you are also have the same issue with the Wu Wei's hybrid), IMO it's your battery, it is reaching the end of it's life (battery leaking), You can test it with installing the official .723, if the problem is still there, for sure it's your battery...
    05-10-12 03:57 AM
    Anyone care for sharing their opinion for this hybrid?

As for me, memory leak around -17meg. That's better as intended to find hybrid that doesn't have major memort leak. Others I've got 30meg, Got a minor clock when opening a browser.. Or any other app.. But not always.. Maybe I've got too many app in the back.. Battery life depends on my usage.. Last for a day in my use.. When web browsing, rarely got notify about low memory has to close tab.. Doesn't got any problem with battery shutting down on 50%.. Just a one time but 10% while browsing..

I have a question. What .sfi do actually? The radio file isn't ?.
    05-11-12 10:36 PM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD