Hi I Am Rick From Toledo Ohio And I Am New To This Site. Even Though I Have Bought Tons Of Apps On Cb, I Would Like To Find Out How I Can Buy Or Get The Barcode Reader On My Phone. Thanks Again
    08-13-09 11:04 PM
    You already have it on your phone.. it will only read certain types of Barcodes and its mainly for use with BBM.
    08-13-09 11:05 PM
    Thanks But How Do I Find It On My Phone...and What Is Bbm I Thank It Is Blackberry Manager
    08-13-09 11:40 PM
    hey rick, turn off your caps lock!

blackberry messenger 5.0 includes the ability to read QR codes in order to add people to your BBM as a contact. im not sure if it reads general codes for information, but it may. it would require you to find a link to download the new BBM5. search the native apps forum on the main forums page for more info on it. as for a stand alone QR code reader, im not sure if one is available for blackberries yet. but judging from this link, you may be in luck...

QR-Code Reader & Software - Mobile Barcodes
    08-14-09 03:35 AM
    hey thanks i went to the site u gave me and there is no uplink for the bb tour, also i downloaded bm 5.0 and i still cannot find it . i must be doing something wrong thr blackberry desk mananger reads 5.0 in the bottom left corner is that what you mean by black berry messenger? please be patient w/me i am new at this(lol). my number is 419-377-8555 if u care to call
    08-14-09 06:30 AM
    hi me again, i went to upcode and text what i needed to do to get 5.0. when i go to open the file i click open and it goes back to do you what to open or save. could there be a problem with my pc? this is so frustrating. i have heard all great things about 5.0 i have downloaded the file to my pc but dont know how to transfer it to my phone. help!!!! 911!!!!!
    08-14-09 08:17 AM
    hi me again, when i go t download bbm 5.0 ota a file opens that says" do you want to open or save this file" when i click open it starts to open but then goes back to the same question" do you want to open or save. i have tried to do this on 2 different laptops and the same problem....even went to 8 different sites to download, and again the same problem. this sucks i have a new tour with smartphone(3g,cdma) v4.7.1.40)platform 4.1.0.40) i am so frustrated with this app i have bbdm version 5.0 if someone could please call me and walk me thru this i will surely pay for your time. thanks. i am not always on pc so that is why i wish someone would call.
    08-14-09 11:00 AM
    you are probably downloading a link to a zip file as if its for a computer install. you want to google on your phone "blackberry messenger 5.0 ota download". keep clicking the links until you find one that works and make sure you download one which its for an OTA install for 4.7.1 firmware. if its the right one, a white app install screen will pop up with a button you click to download. you cant download the other kind of file thats meant for you to download onto your computer to install that way.
    08-14-09 06:26 PM
    i have done all that, my problem is when i hit the button on do u want to run the file or save it it goes right back to the same box...do u want to run the file or save it. it is not letting me do either. it cannot be that hard to do. if you could send me the link that you used to get it that would be a good one, no!!! or you can call me 419 3778555 and walk me thru this. thanks.or i can wait for bb to come out w/it.
    08-15-09 10:35 AM
    Here is the link I used for my Tour... http://bit.ly/1nMFRX

You must go to this link FROM your blackberry browser.. NOT the computer

After it has installed.. just click "OK".. then go back to your home screen, press blackberry button to open full icon view, find the instant messaging folder (it has a voice bubble on it) choose blackberry messenger.. this is blackberry messenger 5.0

to get to the barcode reader, while BBM 5.0 is open, press blackberry button to open menu, choose add contact, then choose scan invitation barcode from another Blackberry...

hope this helps!
    08-15-09 02:43 PM
    Thank You U R The Best God Bless You!!!!
    08-15-09 03:54 PM
    Not a problem.. Glad I could help!..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-09 03:56 PM
    When I Dl It It Did Not Let Me Click Ok It Ask Me To Reboot Now Or Later And I Picked Now Did I Do It Wrg?
    08-15-09 04:06 PM
    Oh ya.. I had just forgotten it asks to reboot.. After it reboots follow the rest of the steps.

08-15-09 04:08 PM
    THANKS AGAIN is there a way to import all my contacts to bbm or do i have to add 1 at a time. p.s. sorry that i have been a pain-n-the-**** but i am new at bbm not at cell phones, i will never go back to a reg cell phone ever again. if i did it would be with a iphone
    08-15-09 04:19 PM
    You already have it on your phone.. it will only read certain types of Barcodes and its mainly for use with BBM.
    Actually I found a QR code at a movie theater in Rockville MD. I opened up BBM, and scanned the image and it took me to a site of an upcoming Tim Burton movie...pretty hot (the scanner...the movie is just okay)

08-15-09 04:21 PM
    Just d/l'ed BBM 5 for the Tour and so far no complaints. Everything worked smoothly and all my contacts got transferred ova automatically.
    09-09-09 09:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD