Okay, so the batter life I'm POSITIVE about, but not so much the signal, because I usually have bad signal at my house anyways, and I haven't left since buying the phone, so it may just be me being crazy. But the battery life I am sure about. I charged it all night, woke up, had it unplugged for about an hour with normal use, and it was already down to 80%, and within 30 minutes more, it was down to 70%. Is this because of my OS? Will upgrading to the hybrid fix it? Any help would be appreciated. Maybe the awesome battery life on my Curve just spoiled me, and I'm not used to it dropping this fast, but it doesn't seem normal loosing 30% in an hour and a half.
    11-26-09 07:58 AM
    upgrading to the hybrid might do a little better, I put the hybrid on my Tour and the first day i made it through the day but i was @ 15%, they said that it will get better over the next couple of days so....thats where my battery life stands.
    11-26-09 08:14 AM
    I had the same problem, especially when I installed 5.0.0.230, my batt life was so bad I would be out by 4pm or so with moderate usage. It was so bad I went out and got another battery so it would last me at least a day. But a few days ago I reinstalled 5.0.0.230 on my tour and my battery life significantly improved, I don't know if it was that version of os 5 that I installed or what, but now its better. But yesterday I installed irtehuns hybrid over it v7.11 and I see significantly less of the thinking clock than before, so maybe you should give it a shot too

I've never had the issue with bad signal though, sorry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-09 08:17 AM
    Sounds like isntalling the hybrid over it may do the trick.
    11-26-09 08:26 AM
    Definitely! I installed the hybrid over 5.0 and I seriously have had the best battery life ever.
    11-26-09 10:06 AM
    Definitely! I installed the hybrid over 5.0 and I seriously have had the best battery life ever.
    Okay, I'm pretty sure I installed the hybrid by following all the instructions, but even though I uninstalled 5.0 from my PC and installed 4.7, in the beginning it still saved to 5.0, so I'm not sure. Anyways, i went through the rest of the steps and it seemed to install, but my battery life still sucks. And my about screen still says .230 Any help would be great.
    11-26-09 05:09 PM
    Okay, I'm pretty sure I installed the hybrid by following all the instructions, but even though I uninstalled 5.0 from my PC and installed 4.7, in the beginning it still saved to 5.0, so I'm not sure. Anyways, i went through the rest of the steps and it seemed to install, but my battery life still sucks. And my about screen still says .230 Any help would be great.
    reference these two resources for troubleshooting:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/lea...hybrid-370947/
    Help Center - BBHybrids Forums
    11-26-09 05:25 PM
    I tried out .230 but ended up going to .61 because of battery life and signal strength
    11-26-09 05:48 PM
    the damn thing won't turn on. i have no idea what i did. fml.
    11-26-09 06:39 PM
    The battery life for mine was poor the first two days after the upgrade but now it is the best it has ever been. So your phone will not turn on now?
    11-26-09 06:59 PM
    try a wipe and reinstall it.
    11-27-09 12:25 AM
    Finally pulled the trigger on .230 when Sprint Nav v2.8 was released. Signal dropped, BUT! speeds increased from about 200-400Kbit/s to ~6,500Kbit/s on the download, and upload DROPPED from 200-300Kbit/s to ~100Kbit/s. Also, the signal became really choppy, I would have super fast browsing then drop to 1x, and back to 1XEV after a 15sec delay. I even tried the new v11 hybrid. Signal was the same(choppy), but download speed dropped to ~600Kbit/s. I'm back to .61 and waiting for a leak/hybrid with a better radio. Atleast I got a taste of the good stuff...
    11-27-09 12:54 AM
    Nothing will truly fix battery life and signal woes short of a new build (including radio file), since these are directly related to the radio file.

Some people will try to argue otherwise, but my battery life on 4.7.1.53 is about 30-40% better than 5.0.0.230 (and all of the hybrids built on top of it).
    11-27-09 11:17 AM
    Nothing will truly fix battery life and signal woes short of a new build (including radio file), since these are directly related to the radio file.

Some people will try to argue otherwise, but my battery life on 4.7.1.53 is about 30-40% better than 5.0.0.230 (and all of the hybrids built on top of it).
    It is true that the unstable signal is tied to the .230 radio stack, this is well documented. Indded, bad signal causes your phone to search for other signals, so it can decrease battery life as well. However, with this being said, my battery life with v7.11 hybrid, and all prior hybrids, has been substantially better than it ever was on 4.7. This is not something I'm just "saying". I performed week long tests using meterberry and tracked my average discharge per hour. The results were that 4.7 discharged on average about 1-3% more per hour than my .230 did with nearly identical usage. You do the math. Over a 10 hour span that can mean 30%.

I may not be experiencing significant discharge because I am in an area with good reception and I don't have nearly as much trouble with the signal as others are describing. While the testing was legit and documented, it was limited to just my device. As we all know, every device reacts differently to installs and leaks/hybrids.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-09 03:09 PM
    I may not be experiencing significant discharge because I am in an area with good reception...
    Richmond, VA = [greater Philadelphia]

Atlanta, GA < Philly

My experience is basically the same >> 5.0 not as good as 4.7.1, even traveling between regions (yes I shut the radio off on the plane).
    11-28-09 07:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD