When I back up my phone in desktop manager, does that back up the third party applications as well, like facebook, google maps, flixster, etc?

The last time I got my phone replaced, I did a backup on my old phone, reloaded it onto my new phone but none of the apps carried over. Is this how it was intended?
    03-09-10 10:21 AM
    Use bbsak to back up 3rd party apps. Desktop Manager only backs up contacts, BBM contacts, SMS and MMS, emails, alarms, calender events, and any settings you may have set such as your browser settings and sound profiles.
    03-09-10 10:31 AM
    +1 on using bbsak to back up apps. It works cleanly during backup and the restore works great.
    03-09-10 11:27 AM
    thanks good to know
    03-09-10 11:42 AM
    BBSAK link in my sig Works great for backing up 3rd party apps!
    03-09-10 11:43 AM
    you can also use dm to backup third party apps.... really easy actually...you would go to device switch wizard, than switch blackberry devices, uncheck all th options besides third party apps than let it run..... when its finished DONT HIT CANCEL. go to start, run than type in %temp% and you will see a folder named with your PIN. take that and drag it to any folder or your desktop for later use. go back to DM and hit cancel. now all your third party apps are backed up and you can reload than whenever you want using the applications loader.
    hope this helps
    03-09-10 11:54 AM
    I believe that if you are upgrading your os that dm will back up everything including 3rd party apps. How ever I always use bbsak also just in-case dm crashes...
    03-09-10 03:28 PM
    I believe that if you are upgrading your os that dm will back up everything including 3rd party apps. How ever I always use bbsak also just in-case dm crashes...
    Yup, DM will but it will NOT back up registration or activation codes. So folks should make sure that purchased apps have all the info they need to either redownload or find their codes.
    03-09-10 07:24 PM
    Use bbsak to back up 3rd party apps. Desktop Manager only backs up contacts, BBM contacts, SMS and MMS, emails, alarms, calender events, and any settings you may have set such as your browser settings and sound profiles.
    I used Device Switch[in DM] to move everything from one Tour to another. Apps and all.
    03-09-10 08:35 PM
    BBSAK is a must. A great tool for backing up 3rd party apps and for uploading new OS's.
    03-09-10 11:31 PM
    I agree use bbsak its great!!!!
    03-10-10 12:00 AM
    I used Device Switch[in DM] to move everything from one Tour to another. Apps and all.
    That's if your switching devices not doing a back up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-10 12:05 AM
    That's if your switching devices not doing a back up.

That's true but folks found out that if you run partially through that Switch process, a BACKUP of your 3rd party apps will be temporarily be housed in the "TEMP" folder on your harddrive. So after DM suggests you plug in the new device, instead, you go find that folder (how is mentioned in one of the above messages), you will have a backup of APPS. Then come back and cancel and that folder disappears. Frankly, I find my TEMP folder never gets cleaned by itself and I do it myself.
    03-10-10 08:45 AM
    Try this: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/ or you could use BBSAK like others have suggested. I use this link frequently just as a crutch when loading new/beta/hybrid OS's as well as: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/

03-10-10 02:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD