I had never thought of storing the seldom used apps on my memory card. Great idea.
    Saving app's when not needed on the SD card is a very helpful way. You may never know when you'll need that certain app again.
    03-30-12 11:05 PM
    How'd you manage to get -119.x% battery drain per hour?
    I don't know. I'm guessing it's because I was charging it and pulling out the battery a lot.

I also am using a battery that I bought from China using ebay.
    03-30-12 11:21 PM
    @ leontam - Just to add - I have a certain way of keeping my device memory idling at around 117MB (that includes 21 Apps and a theme). If i need other apps, i keep them stored in my memory card. I just keep the apps that i know i use on a daily basis on my device.
    Ahhhh smart!
    03-30-12 11:23 PM
    I have been trying all of the B@stard hybrids and by far this one just simply has the best memory management and battery life.

I always keep the habit to run a security wipe after the initial hybrid installation. (Memory card wipe is optional) This step will give your device the best possible clean installation. Once you have done this, all of the base OS files are still intact. From here, you just simply restore your 3rd party apps and do a selective restoration.

Highly recommended for Bold 9700 users and thank you Wu-wei for doing such a great job!
    wu-wei likes this.
    04-02-12 12:50 AM
    After 4 days, I can confirm that battery drain/hour is a lot lesser than the previously mentioned version installed. In fact Tiny Meter reported min: 0%/hr and an average of - 2.9%/hr. Isn't it cool?

Will report on memory leak after a couple of weeks use.
    Fantastic! First time this 9300 3G lasted for 48 Hrs on a typical usage of BBM, 35 min. phone call & momentary use of WiFi during trips to AppWorld without recharging, however my mobile network was set to 2G.

It died at 48 hrs with exactly 40% remaining charge. That I would have to find out why it shutdown at 40% even after following suggestions from the Xarles forum to retain 3 files (net_rim_bb_phone_dc_resources cod. , net_rim_bb_phone_resource cod. and net_rim_bb_phone_model_cod) from the base .723 OS. Will try to inject Yvon standard files or reflash when time permits.

Memory leak is normal & acceptable! Tiny Meter reports memory lost of 11.5Mb on the fourth day but, that remained for the next couple of days with minor -.2 +.1 Mb variations (BatteryEx memory management probably helping!).

Will highly recommend this build to Curve 9300 3G users! Thanks again wu-wei!
    04-03-12 06:36 AM
    Fantastic! First time this 9300 3G lasted for 48 Hrs on a typical usage of BBM, 35 min. phone call & momentary use of WiFi during trips to AppWorld without recharging, however my mobile network was set to 2G.

It died at 48 hrs with exactly 40% remaining charge. That I would have to find out why it shutdown at 40% even after following suggestions from the Xarles forum to retain 3 files (net_rim_bb_phone_dc_resources cod. , net_rim_bb_phone_resource cod. and net_rim_bb_phone_model_cod) from the base .723 OS. Will try to inject Yvon standard files or reflash when time permits.

Memory leak is normal & acceptable! Tiny Meter reports memory lost of 11.5Mb on the fourth day but, that remained for the next couple of days with minor -.2 +.1 Mb variations (BatteryEx memory management probably helping!).

Will highly recommend this build to Curve 9300 3G users! Thanks again wu-wei!
    my phone has also done this. ive switched back to Xarles
    04-03-12 07:48 AM
    GPS on my BB9780 don't work when i install this hybrid, can u fix it?!
    04-03-12 10:37 AM
    GPS on my BB9780 don't work when i install this hybrid, can u fix it?!
    mine worked perfectly, also 9780, base is .723, maybe try reloading by loader?
    04-03-12 11:07 AM
    Downloading now to install on my 9700.

Plan to shrink.
    04-03-12 07:50 PM
    mine worked perfectly, also 9780, base is .723, maybe try reloading by loader?
    tks u, i'll try my bb with base .723. now my base rom is .666 asia
    04-03-12 08:16 PM
    I've had Yvon installed for a over a week and find when I have it inside my work building it switches from 3G to Edge. Where as with another hybrid I always had 3G. Is there a different radio file I can try and see if thats the problem?

Thanks...
    04-04-12 05:50 PM
    Hi wu-wei.

I have problem installing jar files in my device. It keeps saying "Download failed. [Details] 907 Invalid JAR." Somehow in one of the previos B@stard builds, I was able to install jar files stored on my SD card. What cods are responsible for the installation of jar files? Also I've attached an error log for you to help me fix it. Thanks.
    Last edited by lester78; 04-05-12 at 08:50 AM.
    04-05-12 08:42 AM
    Okay I've been using this hybrid for about 2 weeks now and it is very good so far! Stable memory usage. Not really had any problems actually. Recommended (9700)!
    04-06-12 09:24 AM
    my phone has also done this. ive switched back to Xarles
    I've fixed mine by injecting .723 cod files: net_rim_bb_phone_dc_resources cod , net_rim_bb_phone_resource cod. and net_rim_bb_phone_model_cod.

Battery indication went down as far as 10% before it gave out the bat low alarm!
    04-07-12 09:42 AM
    @ Wu-Wei: Can you bring HTML5 to OS6? Thanks!
    Last edited by thienho99; 04-08-12 at 02:03 AM.
    shiwq likes this.
    04-07-12 12:15 PM
    Here are a couple of screenshots from a few days ago. Just showing there are variations between app storage and memory reported in the options panels, as well as reports by other metering apps like MeterBerry or TinyMeter:

04-07-12 01:02 PM
    I've fixed mine by injecting .723 cod files: net_rim_bb_phone_dc_resources cod , net_rim_bb_phone_resource cod. and net_rim_bb_phone_model_cod.

Battery indication went down as far as 10% before it gave out the bat low alarm!
    installing with you're method thank you for your input
    04-07-12 04:21 PM
    Here are a couple of screenshots from a few days ago. Just showing there are variations between app storage and memory reported in the options panels, as well as reports by other metering apps like MeterBerry or TinyMeter:

Click to view quoted image

Click to view quoted image
    how did you get 94.00mb only for blackberry 6.00 system software?? can you tell how??
    thanks.
    04-09-12 03:48 AM
    Curious as well, only 94MB?
    04-09-12 07:07 AM
    loaded it, and it works great, used it over the weekend, very nice.

good battery too
    thanks (y)

9700 btw
    04-09-12 09:54 AM
    Has anyone tried B@stard Hybrids on the Storm 2? I am getting one for cheap and was wondering. Thanks.
    04-09-12 11:24 AM
    how did you get 94.00mb only for blackberry 6.00 system software?? can you tell how??
    thanks.
    Curious as well, only 94MB?
    Honestly, that's a really good question. LOL

I've posted screenshots of what I shrink. I also hand-edit my ALX files and further strip out some unnecessary/unwanted cods from the Java folder before installing. Even then, I usually saw higher reported usage for OS 6 system software.
    04-09-12 12:52 PM
    Honestly, that's a really good question. LOL

I've posted screenshots of what I shrink. I also hand-edit my ALX files and further strip out some unnecessary/unwanted cods from the Java folder before installing. Even then, I usually saw higher reported usage for OS 6 system software.
    can you list what you had strip out from your Java folders. i would really appreciated.
    04-09-12 06:26 PM
    Hello everyone! Firstly, I want to thank wu-wei for making great Hybrid OSes. I was using Xarles before Yvon, and I like both very much.

It's just that I've been encountering an error after using Yvon for a week. My issue is that of battery reading; the battery has been giving me a false reading, and so often after I reboot my BB, the battery went down from 99+% to 90% or less. TinyMeter indicates that my battery discharge/hour is maximum 90-110%. My BB goes off around 18%. When I was using Xarles everything went well except for one issue: the BB often goes off after I took a few pictures with my camera, and wouldn't came on until I pull & put my battery. What should I do?
    04-09-12 06:51 PM

What software do you use to inject cod files? Can someone upload their cod files here? It seems that my BlackBerry Handheld software is missing.
    04-09-12 07:08 PM
118 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD