Trying "Yvon" today. Will let you know of my results with it (9700) in a few days. Thanks wu-wei
    03-27-12 10:59 AM
    thanks!

this hybrid names reminds me of the show: Yvon of the Yukon!

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    03-27-12 04:43 PM
    Just would like to confirm that Yvon works perfectly on Curve 9300's as well!
    Battery usage is as good as Berry V6 on a .723 base. Great job wu-wei, and thanks for sharing!
    ench18 and wu-wei like this.
    03-27-12 08:29 PM
    Waiting for .557 release

Thx
    03-28-12 12:00 PM
    03-28-12 12:19 PM
    now that .557 is out ... Waiting for the new release
    03-28-12 02:17 PM
    Which 557 is out? Leaked or official? Donde esta?
    03-28-12 03:11 PM
    Installed Yvon on my 9700. Getting a Uncaught exception: OlympiaRenderEngine Factory not inialized error when I try and use the BB browser. Have I removed something that might have caused this?
    Thanks...
    03-28-12 06:50 PM
    Installed Yvon on my 9700. Getting a Uncaught exception: OlympiaRenderEngine Factory not inialized error when I try and use the BB browser. Have I removed something that might have caused this?
    Thanks...
    *EDIT* I've done a system read on the phone...do I post the list of whats in the txt or the txt file itself?
    Last edited by Louey; 03-28-12 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Created a read...
    03-28-12 07:06 PM
    Which 557 is out? Leaked or official? Donde esta?
    Official by

Dialog Sri Lanka
    Grameephone
    03-29-12 12:50 AM
    What .557? link???
    03-29-12 01:16 AM
    What .557? link???
    Sorry

are 7.0.0.557 for 9790
    03-29-12 02:08 AM
    Sorry

are 7.0.0.557 for 9790
    Thats what i thought. But good look'en out though.
    03-29-12 02:12 AM
    Just would like to confirm that Yvon works perfectly on Curve 9300's as well!
    Battery usage is as good as Berry V6 on a .723 base. Great job wu-wei, and thanks for sharing!
    After 4 days, I can confirm that battery drain/hour is a lot lesser than the previously mentioned version installed. In fact Tiny Meter reported min: 0%/hr and an average of - 2.9%/hr. Isn't it cool?

Will report on memory leak after a couple of weeks use.
    wu-wei likes this.
    03-29-12 06:52 AM
    Installed this couple days ago on my 9700. I shrunk the base .723 then copied this one over. With all my apps on, still over 70+MB free. No issues or errors seen. Battery is much better than Berry V6 and stock .668. Also no mem leaks so far.
    wu-wei likes this.
    03-29-12 08:41 AM
    Can anybody directly compare this to Xarles? I have Xarles installed and it works perfectly... Don't see the need to go through another upgrade process unless someone says there's something significantly better!
    03-29-12 10:14 AM
    After a few days for usage and observation, does different themes cause different levels of memory leakage and battery drainage?

Out of all the themes, seems like leebo 4.0.2 (os6 like panels themes) is the most stable of all in my experience.

I've tried leebo 1.7.4 Hidden Today version and some other fancier ones downloaded and installed from some other Chinese sites, seems like they are causing a bigger battery and memory stress on the phone.

Note: I'm not trying to "brown nose" anybody , just my observations, and Wu, sorry for not choosing your premium leeboultradock, for it doesn't give me quick "Today" access and I use universal search...
    03-29-12 05:47 PM
    After a few days for usage and observation, does different themes cause different levels of memory leakage and battery drainage?

Out of all the themes, seems like leebo 4.0.2 (os6 like panels themes) is the most stable of all in my experience.

I've tried leebo 1.7.4 Hidden Today version and some other fancier ones downloaded and installed from some other Chinese sites, seems like they are causing a bigger battery and memory stress on the phone.

Note: I'm not trying to "brown nose" anybody , just my observations, and Wu, sorry for not choosing your premium leeboultradock, for it doesn't give me quick "Today" access and I use universal search...
    I'm sure ench will weigh in on this topic, as he has seen similar performance from several different themes. I believe he is running a variant of leebo6 as well.
    03-29-12 05:53 PM
    This is only 17 hours into the hybrid installation.
    03-29-12 07:19 PM
    Can anybody directly compare this to Xarles? I have Xarles installed and it works perfectly... Don't see the need to go through another upgrade process unless someone says there's something significantly better!
    Apparently the battery life and memory leak is supposed to be better on this version. I'm only 17 hours into this hybrid after leaving Xarles; so ill let you know in a couple of days.
    Last edited by phoreoneone; 03-29-12 at 07:31 PM.
    03-29-12 07:22 PM
    This is only 17 hours into the hybrid installation.
    How'd you manage to get -119.x% battery drain per hour?
    Last edited by leontam; 03-30-12 at 12:04 PM.
    03-30-12 01:08 AM

To answer your question about "Do different themes cause different levels of memory and battery drainage"?

My answer to a theme memory drainage is YES! There are allot of themes that do slowly drain device memory. Especially themes that are above 800kb (size of theme) may show slow/fast memory drainage. I've bought,tested,used free themes allot over the years. Plus i've learned to use "ONE" useful and efficient theme that's out there right now and that is the "B@stard themes". I think i have ALL of them?
    But you have to keep in mind... memory drainage doesn't always come from themes in general. Applications also show memory drainage.

Battery drain on a theme? Hmm.. i don't think a theme would drain your battery..Unless you have a bunch of apps open. That will drain your battery.

One advice... If you've used a certain theme that never gave you a memory drain that worked for you. Stick to it! Lesser problems.
    leontam and wu-wei like this.
    03-30-12 01:54 AM
    @ leontam - Just to add - I have a certain way of keeping my device memory idling at around 117MB (that includes 21 Apps and a theme). If i need other apps, i keep them stored in my memory card. I just keep the apps that i know i use on a daily basis on my device.
    03-30-12 02:15 AM
    @ leontam - Just to add - I have a certain way of keeping my device memory idling at around 117MB (that includes 21 Apps and a theme). If i need other apps, i keep them stored in my memory card. I just keep the apps that i know i use on a daily basis on my device.
    I had never thought of storing the seldom used apps on my memory card. Great idea.
    03-30-12 12:06 PM
    Excellent work Wu-Wei.

Hybrid loaded wonderfully, and has been working perfectly since.

Great job!
    wu-wei likes this.
    03-30-12 05:57 PM
118 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD