B@stard Hybrid: Yvon

Created by wu-wei (theme developer ordinaire and former BDHP member/beta-tester)

The new build: Yvon.

This release is basically just an update of all the files that were 7.1.0.247 in Xarles - they have been updated to 7.1.0.342.

Yvon uses the same basic architecture as Pierre. I am recommending the multi-language 6.0.0.723 base for 9700. I have been very happy with the performance of the 723 files.

My hybrids go through testing on the Bold 9700 platform. I have received reports that my builds work well on 9300, 9780 and 9800 devices, too.

Recommended base OS versions:

9300: 6.0.0.668
    9700: 6.0.0.723
    9780: 6.0.0.723
    9800: 6.0.0.668

I will note that several users have reported a "break-in" period with my hybrids. That is, the first day or so has poor battery life, but then things stabilize and we start sipping at the battery again. Battery life is critically important to me, so I am always mindful of those issues (and reluctant to leave my beloved 9700 for some shiny new OS7 device). Personally I have not experienced this phenomenon, but I did want to mention that it is possible.

I have not personally tested this hybrid on any other devices, or on any other OS versions as a base install; however it should work on other devices without issue.

I will not be providing any support for this hybrid. I have not encountered any bugs with this build, but I have not run it through extensive testing either.

To install this hybrid, extract the contents of this zip file into the Java folder of the base OS you choose to use. On my system, these files were extracted into C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9700M_v6.0.0.723_P6.6.0.248\Java.

When you extract the cod files into the folder listed above, you should be prompted to confirm that you want to replace existing files. If you are not prompted, then you are probably trying to extract to the wrong directory and the hybrid files will not be installed on your device.

If you do not know exactly what you're doing, then you should choose one of the following options:

1. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO INSTALL THIS HYBRID.
    2. Read my guide on the CrackBerry forums, available here: Hybrid OS Installation Guide
    3. Read any How To posts by elite1 in practically any hybrid or leaked OS thread on CrackBerry.com
    4. Search the CrackBerry forums and read as much as you can find about how the BlackBerry OS loader process works.

Again, I will not provide any support for the installation or operation of this hybrid. It is intended for experienced users.

This package does NOT include any third party applications at all. I build hybrid OSes. I do not promote any apps or force users to choose whether they want to install apps they may or may not want. If you are looking for a particular third party app, I probably have an opinion about it and may be able to tell you where to find it (I'm talking free or paid versions, NOT WAREZ).

Many thanks to ench18 for testing and feedback.

Download Yvon
    leontam, ench18, lester78 and 15 others like this.
    03-21-12 11:54 PM
    B@stard Hybrid: Yvon

Created by wu-wei (theme developer ordinaire and former BDHP member/beta-tester)

The new build: Yvon.

This release is basically just an update of all the files that were 7.1.0.247 in Xarles - they have been updated to 7.1.0.342.

Yvon uses the same basic architecture as Pierre. I am recommending the multi-language 6.0.0.723 base for o9700. I have been very happy with the performance of the 723 files.

My hybrids go through testing on the Bold 9700 platform. I have received reports that my builds work well on 9300, 9780 and 9800 devices, too.

Recommended base OS versions:

9300: 6.0.0.668
    9700: 6.0.0.723
    9780: 6.0.0.723
    9800: 6.0.0.668

I will note that several users have reported a "break-in" period with my hybrids. That is, the first day or so has poor battery life, but then things stabilize and we start sipping at the battery again. Battery life is critically important to me, so I am always mindful of those issues (and reluctant to leave my beloved 9700 for some shiny new OS7 device). Personally I have not experienced this phenomenon, but I did want to mention that it is possible.

I have not personally tested this hybrid on any other devices, or on any other OS versions as a base install; however it should work on other devices without issue.

I will not be providing any support for this hybrid. I have not encountered any bugs with this build, but I have not run it through extensive testing either.

To install this hybrid, extract the contents of this zip file into the Java folder of the base OS you choose to use. On my system, these files were extracted into C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9700M_v6.0.0.723_P6.6.0.248\Java.

When you extract the cod files into the folder listed above, you should be prompted to confirm that you want to replace existing files. If you are not prompted, then you are probably trying to extract to the wrong directory and the hybrid files will not be installed on your device.

If you do not know exactly what you're doing, then you should choose one of the following options:

1. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO INSTALL THIS HYBRID.
    2. Read my guide on the CrackBerry forums, available here: Hybrid OS Installation Guide
    3. Read any How To posts by elite1 in practically any hybrid or leaked OS thread on CrackBerry.com
    4. Search the CrackBerry forums and read as much as you can find about how the BlackBerry OS loader process works.

Again, I will not provide any support for the installation or operation of this hybrid. It is intended for experienced users.

This package does NOT include any third party applications at all. I build hybrid OSes. I do not promote any apps or force users to choose whether they want to install apps they may or may not want. If you are looking for a particular third party app, I probably have an opinion about it and may be able to tell you where to find it (I'm talking free or paid versions, NOT WAREZ).

Many thanks to ench18 for testing and feedback.

Download Yvon
    Tnx bro for this new hybrid
    03-22-12 12:00 AM
    gonna try it out in a short while!
    03-22-12 12:24 AM
    Yipee ... My wait is over .. Thanks wu-wei . Will update the results soon
    03-22-12 12:59 AM
    Thanxs for new hybrid ,,

But is this hybrid already shrinked??
    03-22-12 01:54 AM
    will be report soon, i'll test to 9300 and 9700
    thanks wu-wei

shrink :
    net rim bb help
    net rim bb medialoader

app installed :
    socialscope
    blink
    autolock
    meterberry
    berryannoying

everything work fine
    Last edited by imtheking; 03-22-12 at 06:58 AM.
    03-22-12 04:35 AM
    This is another great addition to the B@stard Hybrid family! Highly recommended build!
    03-22-12 07:24 AM
    can we just paste these over Xarles and update or do we have to start fresh
    03-22-12 07:40 AM
    can we just paste these over Xarles and update or do we have to start fresh
    I highly recommend doing a fresh install.
    03-22-12 08:21 AM
    great thank you
    03-22-12 08:25 AM
    great thank you
    Your most welcome!
    03-22-12 08:28 AM
    I installed this hybrid os on my 9780, it seems like no os 7 cod, all of the cods were 6.0, did I install it right? Thanks for bringing us new hybrid os
    03-22-12 08:35 AM
    is this hybrid already shrinked??
    03-22-12 12:39 PM
    Thanks Wu for the speedy updated build. Had it on my phone for over 6 hours, great performance (btw, I gave .723 another try and this time the radio seemed fine, will report back)
    03-22-12 03:48 PM
    Loading this hybrid again. Thanks anyway. Will report back later.
    03-22-12 10:34 PM
    Oh this is a Yvon :-x lol.

I just tried Xarles and only had 33mb of free space after instal and I usually had 60mb of free space so something definitely went wrong there. I'm re-installing 6.0.0.733 now and I'll update it with this hybrid and report soon
    03-22-12 11:43 PM
    Installed! Again, here are my screenshots after fresh OS install:

Thanks wu for this hybrid!
    03-23-12 12:01 AM
    Wu, I notice that you revert back to the 6.0.0.461 version of the ribbon app cod. That's good for me. Thanks!
    wu-wei likes this.
    03-23-12 12:20 AM
    I must be doing something wrong. Just as the Xarles, the blackberry 6.0.0 system shows 133mb at the application storage and I only have a total of 37mb free.

Before I tried any of these hybrids of B@astard (I started trying tonight) I had a total of 60 mb free. Please help me guys !!

Here's a link of a screenshot http://m.lockerz.com/s/194970368

Please help guys.
    Last edited by Kevinkdc; 03-23-12 at 01:09 AM.
    03-23-12 12:46 AM
    Thanxs for new hybrid ,,

But is this hybrid already shrinked??
    is this hybrid already shrinked??
    Oh this is a Yvon :-x lol.

I just tried Xarles and only had 33mb of free space after instal and I usually had 60mb of free space so something definitely went wrong there. I'm re-installing 6.0.0.733 now and I'll update it with this hybrid and report soon
    I must be doing something wrong. Just as the Xarles, the blackberry 6.0.0 system shows 133mb at the application storage and I only have a total of 37mb free.

Before I tried any of these hybrids of B@astard (I started trying tonight) I had a total of 60 mb free. Please help me guys !!

Here's a link of a screenshot Kevin's photos - @LeighMonette hey I've used your hybrid but my free space is very low after installing your hybrid | Lockerz

Please help guys.
    This build is made up of only new cod files to be copied into an existing OS installation. If you plan to shrink your OS (which I highly recommend) you need to do so prior to copying these files into the Java folder.

OS shrinking is a matter of personal preference and different carrier requirements. I personally do not need any language files except US English, so I remove all language files. I remove all games, all fonts (except latin_truetype, which is required by the OS), all themes (except BlackBerry6, again a required file), and basically everything I possibly can remove.

Here is a screenshot of my shrink settings in BBH Tool:

After that shrink is complete, I also manually remove several files that I know are not necessary.
    03-23-12 08:17 AM
    But if I want to shrink ,,

I must copy and replace the hybrid files over the base first ??
    03-23-12 09:49 AM
    + tell me some cods u removed?? Cause I wanna remove it too
    03-23-12 09:50 AM
    But if I want to shrink ,,

I must copy and replace the hybrid files over the base first ??
    The files I include in my hybrids are required OS files and will never be removed by shrinking. Doesn't matter when they get copied into the base Java folder - before or after shrinking.
    03-23-12 12:48 PM
    For some reason I thought the hybrid came with the shrink. But I figured it out earlier but thanks.

I was hoping for a bigger result though. It only went from 133mb to 109.7 MB with the blackberry 6.0.0 System software. I wanted 99 MB just like lester because I download a lot lol.

Question, is there somewhere a download file for the standard/basic ringtones ? Cause if there is, I can shrink it on my OS and just put the ringtones on my memory card so I can have more application storage.
    03-23-12 01:32 PM
    Thanx wu,,

But one last question:

-the application center what does it do + do u recommaned shrink it ??
    03-23-12 02:51 PM
118 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD