i'm using bold 9780
    how can i use this hybrid with Korean language
    it can't display korean characters
    help me please
    04-23-13 09:09 PM
    Load it for 24 hours now, so far so good.
    Thanks wu-wei, been using your hybrid since aikido until now xarles
    Satisfied user

But got one question not related to hybrid performance
    previously installed aikido, apt and ascot the status bar for 3G and bb logo as in picture
    after installed Xarles both 3G and bb logo distance are closer between each other (several pixels only)
    it is related to cod files? can revert back like previous?
    just asking, for aesthetics look only. :-)

FYI, I'm using 9700

B@stard - Xarles (20120301)-signal-bar.jpg
    04-24-13 11:04 PM
    Satisfied user

previously installed aikido, apt and ascot the status bar for 3G and bb logo as in picture
    after installed Xarles both 3G and bb logo distance are closer between each other (several pixels only)

FYI, I'm using 9700

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Signal Bar.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	19.1 KB 
ID:	154814
    You know this is from early 2012??
    04-25-13 12:28 PM
    Satisfied user

FYI, I'm using 9700

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Signal Bar.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	19.1 KB 
ID:	154814
    Its meant to have the space. Was rectified along the way.
    04-29-13 01:03 AM
    Net-rim-bb-resources is the cod if I remember correctly. Roll that back to stock.
    azizims likes this.
    04-29-13 11:17 PM
    It's works. Thanks mate
    04-30-13 10:53 AM
    B@stard Hybrid: Xarles

Created by wu-wei (theme developer ordinaire and former BDHP member/beta-tester)

The new build: Xarles.

This release is the product of some more extensive testing, and trial and error using various base OSes. I tinkered with files from 7.1.0.247, 7.1.0.258, and 7.1.0.267, and I revisited some of my legacy files, too. I ran several test builds over various base OSes, including 6.0.0.723 (multi and all language) and 6.0.0.722 (which only has an Asia version).

Xarles uses the same basic architecture as Pierre. I am recommending the multi-language 6.0.0.723 base for 9700. I have been very happy with the performance of the 723 files.

My hybrids go through testing on the Bold 9700 platform. I have received reports that my builds work well on 9300, 9780 and 9800 devices, too.

Recommended base OS versions:

9300: 6.0.0.668
    9700: 6.0.0.723
    9780: 6.0.0.723
    9800: 6.0.0.668

I will note that I have seen several users noticing a "break-in" period. That is, the first day or so has poor battery life, but then things stabilize and we start sipping at the battery again. Battery life is critically important to me, so I am always mindful of those issues (and reluctant to leave my beloved 9700 for some shiny new OS7 device). Personally I have not experienced this phenomenon, but I did want to mention that it is possible.

I have not personally tested this hybrid on any other devices, or on any other OS versions as a base install; however it should work on other devices without issue.

I will not be providing any support for this hybrid. I have not encountered any bugs with this build, but I have not run it through extensive testing either.

To install this hybrid, extract the contents of this zip file into the Java folder of the base OS you choose to use. On my system, these files were extracted into C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9700M_v6.0.0.723_P6.6.0.248\Java.

When you extract the cod files into the folder listed above, you should be prompted to confirm that you want to replace existing files. If you are not prompted, then you are probably trying to extract to the wrong directory and the hybrid files will not be installed on your device.

If you do not know exactly what you're doing, then you should choose one of the following options:

1. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO INSTALL THIS HYBRID.
    2. Read my guide on the CrackBerry forums, available here: Hybrid OS Installation Guide
    3. Read any How To posts by elite1 in practically any hybrid or leaked OS thread on CrackBerry.com
    4. Search the CrackBerry forums and read as much as you can find about how the BlackBerry OS loader process works.

Again, I will not provide any support for the installation or operation of this hybrid. It is intended for experienced users.

This package does NOT include any third party applications at all. I build hybrid OSes. I do not promote any apps or force users to choose whether they want to install apps they may or may not want. If you are looking for a particular third party app, I probably have an opinion about it and may be able to tell you where to find it (I'm talking free or paid versions, NOT WAREZ).

Many thanks to ench18 for testing and feedback.

Download Xarles

It's been 3 days since i loaded this hybrid. I don't know if it just me or anyone here experienced the same as me, my battery seems to last not more than 24hours. The first day was even worst but that's within expectation because of the "break-in" period, i acknowledge that.

Data set to 3G only, Fb updated once in an hour, social feeds and RSS feeds, 2 integrated emails, a bit of bbm chats & whatsapp, no calls made, and during this period of newly installed hybrid OS, i can say that my device's been not so busy with any activities (idle)

Using bold 9780 I load this hybrid with 6.0.0.723 base (as recommended)
    Im a newbie here, could someone please enlighten me with suggestion or solution ?
    Or maybe maybe my battery is getting old i don't know, been using this phone for a year ++ (before this with OS 6.0.0.668 my battery can last about a day and a half)

Other than that, everything else is amazing, i like it very much, smooth and stable, radio reception is excellent ! Just wondering about my battery life, sholud i wait another few days to see if it gets better ? or should I load the hybrid with different OS base ?
    09-26-13 04:51 PM
    With 3G i never had the phone last me a day when i used the 9780 though i had medium to heavy usage. 1 and a half day with edge mostly.
    09-27-13 09:41 PM
    With 3G i never had the phone last me a day when i used the 9780 though i had medium to heavy usage. 1 and a half day with edge mostly.
    Owh really..hmm well i guess it is normal then, haha :P
    I don't know maybe im too paranoia about all this battery thing, btw thanks for sharing kev
    09-27-13 10:28 PM
109 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD