How do I knw if dis hybrid was successfully loaded on my device(9800)?
    your phone should be functional :P

Delete any blackberry os that you might have had installed.

1. Download the base OS. In this case its going to be 6.0.0.668
    2. Install .668 on your PC
    3. Go into C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\RIM\AppLoader scroll to the bottom and
    delete the "vendor" file.
    4. Go to the link (of the hybrid) I posted above and download the Xarles hybrid (near the
    bottom of the first thread; in big blue font)
    5. When its finished downloading open the file using winrar or any other zip program
    6. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\RIM\Shared\Loader Files\ Click on the only
    folder that should be here
    7. Extract all of your Xarles files into the Java folder (Copy & replace)
    8. After its done make sure you do a complete back up of your phone
    9. Take the battery out of your phone and connect it to the computer via usb
    10. Go back into the apploader folder and click on "loader"
    11. Hit next
    12. It should automatically recognize your phone in the connection box. When it does
    recognize it, hit next quickly.
    13. Then choose which apps you want.
    14. Hit next.
    15. Here there will be a summary of everything. PUT YOUR BATTERY IN YOUR PHONE.
    16. Hit next and sit back.
    17. Restore your data.
    03-17-12 10:21 AM
    Does it play well with OS 7 ?

I have always used MeterBerry but it does not fully function with OS7 and despite promises from Giant Cashew that an update was on the way nothing has appeared.

Woth doing a swap ??

Sorry to go a bit off topic.
    Yes Legal Eagle, Tiny meter v 1,2 is compatible with OS 7.0/7.1, I use it on my bold 9900 with OS 7.1.0.284 and I have no issue, I think Meterberry has some battery drain issues with OS 7.0/7.1
    Last edited by Sator; 03-20-12 at 03:53 AM.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    03-17-12 11:15 AM
    I noticed in event viewer that I have a lot of "S Java Exception - NullPointerException" entries, anything to be concerned with?
    03-17-12 11:48 AM
    Yes Legal Eagle, Tiny meter v 1,2 is compatible with OS 7.0/7.1, I use it on my bold 9900 with OS 7.1.0.284 and I have no issue, I think Meterberry has some battery drain issue with OS 7.0/7.1
    Hah, same phone and OS as you and app world says unavailable for my device !!!

Thanks anyway, stuck with MeterBerry for now.
    03-17-12 12:39 PM
    Hah, same phone and OS as you and app world says unavailable for my device !!!

Thanks anyway, stuck with MeterBerry for now.
    Attached Tiny meter V 1.2 cod. and ALX file , just use application loader to install it
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    03-17-12 08:43 PM
    Just finished loading this hybrid to my device. My graduation is fast approaching so I've been very busy this past weeks.

Here are my screenshots after fresh install:

And after installing my third party apps...

lol.
    03-20-12 10:26 PM
    works like a charm on Torch 9800. Base .706
    wu-wei likes this.
    03-21-12 02:21 AM
    now that .342 is out ... Waiting for the new release
    03-21-12 02:30 AM
    now that .342 is out ... Waiting for the new release
    I built it last night. I need to do some testing, but I anticipate a new release either today or tomorrow at the latest.
    ench18, boeki99, leontam and 1 others like this.
    03-21-12 08:39 AM
    hey wu-wei can i have a screenshot of what all do u remove when u shrink ur os i tried but mine doesnt seem to go above 70 mb
    thx a lot
    03-21-12 10:29 AM
    hey wu-wei can i have a screenshot of what all do u remove when u shrink ur os i tried but mine doesnt seem to go above 70 mb
    thx a lot
    Wouldn't be much help. And it's easier to show what I leave in when I install. I'm pretty sure the Pierre thread has my list of OS files that I install.
    03-21-12 10:33 AM
    ahh lol my bad i meant what u said what all do u leave in when u shrink ur os
    03-21-12 10:38 AM
    I built it last night. I need to do some testing, but I anticipate a new release either today or tomorrow at the latest.
    Totally impressed by your work ... Keeping my fingers crossed ...Waiting
    03-21-12 01:33 PM
    waiting for .342 release
    03-21-12 05:06 PM
    Just curious, how're the others faring in terms of battery discharge rate?
    Mines running 3G, wifi, and bluetooth all the time, with BeWeather and FB updated half hourly and some talk times here and there, have an average of -6.5% per hour, is that normal?
    03-21-12 06:29 PM
    Something is wrong.

lester78 has 99 mb for the blackberry 6.0.0 Software and I have 133 mb !! I only have 36 mb of memory free
    03-22-12 11:29 PM
    Something is wrong.

lester78 has 99 mb for the blackberry 6.0.0 Software and I have 133 mb !! I only have 36 mb of memory free
    NP, downlaod the new (yvon)
    03-22-12 11:36 PM
    NP, downlaod the new (yvon)
    What's a Yvon ? please be more specific lol.

ETA: Nevermind, I'm downloading it now. Hopefully I will have more application storage.
    Last edited by Kevinkdc; 03-22-12 at 11:45 PM.
    03-22-12 11:38 PM
    Something is wrong.

The amount of memory used by the OS will vary greatly. I have seen my own device reporting use over 200 MB for the OS. In my experience it is largely affected by browser use.
    03-23-12 08:03 AM
    wu-wei what is this s java exception msgs i am getting in the event log? is it todo with the ribbon file or what? i am constally getting this error in the event log.. is that why you switch to a different ribbon in yvon hybrid? btw you should update your sig with your new hybrids.
    Last edited by UnderBerry; 03-24-12 at 12:35 PM. Reason: this is the error listed many times in event log: S Java Exception - NullPointerException
    03-24-12 12:05 PM
    About the camera issue, I experienced it again today. This time I took a few photo's with me 9700 then put it away, then I went to use it 10mins later and it was shut off, no response from any buttons pressed/held down. I had to do a battery pull to turn it back on. It maybe a the battery is disconnecting from the phone some how in my pocket (no I'm not running with it! just walking casually) but come to think about it, this only happens after taking a pic with it it. Weird.

In my experience, I think it's realated to the 3 files/cods.(phone dc resources, phone model, phone resource cods) from os 7, changing those 3 cods. to OS. 723 cods. will fix the problem.
    Sator I replaced the 3 files as you said, but I'm still experiencing my 9700 shutting of when taking a picture mainly.. I press the button to snap a pic and I hear a slight pop/click sound when it should be the shutter sound, and then the phone dies and no button has any effect (pressed or held down), I then have to do a battery pull to turn the phone back on.. Maybe the battery is old?

The strange thing is that it happens randomly. If it happens, I pull the battery and restart phone, then take a picture again and it's fine, I take a few more pics, everything is fine.. but say a few hours later I try to take a pic, it shuts off.
    03-24-12 12:19 PM
    Sator I replaced the 3 files as you said, but I'm still experiencing my 9700 shutting of when taking a picture mainly.. I press the button to snap a pic and I hear a slight pop/click sound when it should be the shutter sound, and then the phone dies and no button has any effect (pressed or held down), I then have to do a battery pull to turn the phone back on.. Maybe the battery is old?

The strange thing is that it happens randomly. If it happens, I pull the battery and restart phone, then take a picture again and it's fine, I take a few more pics, everything is fine.. but say a few hours later I try to take a pic, it shuts off.
    Base on your description, I think it's not your battery, it's more related to net_rim_ application_delivery cod. from 7.1.0.247, some phones react differently toward this cod. You can try the new build Yvon from Wu (higher OS cods, 7.1.0.342), if the problem is still there than you can inject net_rim application_delivery cod. from .723 + 3 files.
    UnderBerry likes this.
    03-24-12 06:43 PM
    after complete wipe and loading this hybrid, the voice recorder is not working. It's goes automatically to browse or list file mode instead of recorder mode. Any clue?
    03-31-12 02:45 AM
    after complete wipe and loading this hybrid, the voice recorder is not working. It's goes automatically to browse or list file mode instead of recorder mode. Any clue?
    Did you shrink the OS? If you did, you probably click on the Voice recorder when you were marking stuff to shrink out. That's how i see it.
    03-31-12 03:31 AM
    your phone should be functional :P

9. Take the battery out of your phone and connect it to the computer via usb
    15. Here there will be a summary of everything. PUT YOUR BATTERY IN YOUR PHONE. .
    I'm intrigue in your procedure 9. that involves taking out the battery from the device. I'm a BB newbie and this is the first time I came across this unique procedure.

Can you please share the purpose of this procedure 9? Thanks in advance phoreoneone.
    04-03-12 06:53 AM
109 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD