I'm pretty sure he's shrinking out unneeded stuff. Which is what I want to do as I only got around 50MB with a few apps installed.
    03-14-12 12:55 PM
    I'm pretty sure he's shrinking out unneeded stuff. Which is what I want to do as I only got around 50MB with a few apps installed.
    You're talking RAM and not App Memory (storage) right? Definitely seems like some shrinking is going to be needed.

Maybe a recommendation on what to shrink? Though I'm assuming it's the same as any other OS, certain things can't be removed, the rest is fair game.

But in the past when I've shrunk almost everything out the most I've seen is 70-80M free so curious if that is a very aggressive shrink to get over 100 (manually removing CODs etc).
    03-14-12 01:04 PM
    You're talking RAM and not App Memory (storage) right? Definitely seems like some shrinking is going to be needed.
    I thought RAM was shared between OS and apps (installed apps + app datas)? I don't have a memory card yet, but should get one next month if I'm lucky
    Last edited by UnderBerry; 03-17-12 at 07:01 AM. Reason: weeeeee got an 8gb memcard. :D.. more than enough for the time being until I get a 1xxx model BB!
    03-14-12 01:48 PM

Maybe a recommendation on what to shrink? Though I'm assuming it's the same as any other OS, certain things can't be removed, the rest is fair game.

But in the past when I've shrunk almost everything out the most I've seen is 70-80M free so curious if that is a very aggressive shrink to get over 100 (manually removing CODs etc).
    You can shrink out anything BB Boss or BB Hybrids tool will allow, the files Wu modifies are files necessary to the OS and won't be removed by shrinking. I personally shrink out almost everything, with the exception of a couple of things I like - Memopad, tasks, etc.
    03-14-12 02:35 PM
    Is it necessary to shrink the "hybridized" install in order to get the 100+ megs of memory available or just not install anything extra during the apploader process?

You can shrink out anything BB Boss or BB Hybrids tool will allow, the files Wu modifies are files necessary to the OS and won't be removed by shrinking. I personally shrink out almost everything, with the exception of a couple of things I like - Memopad, tasks, etc.
    If you guys check out one of my earlier threads (Pierre, I think?) there is a list of which files I install after shrinking. My total file count is usually around 370.
    03-14-12 05:15 PM
    Changing these 3 files sorted the problem for me.
    Change net_rim_bb_phone_dc_resources cod. , net_rim_bb_phone_resource cod. and net_rim_bb_phone_model_cod. with OS .723 cods. (do a few battery pulls after that), if your problem still there than it might be your battery is getting old.
    I am having the same issue. Would it be possible to attach those cod files? If not, then how would I extract them myself?
    darkriff likes this.
    03-15-12 02:29 AM
    I am having the same issue. Would it be possible to attach those cod files? If not, then how would I extract them myself?

Attached 3 Files. use BB Bos or BBH-Tool to inject them.
    phoreoneone and darkriff like this.
    03-15-12 07:39 AM
    After shrinking with BB Boss 2.2 I got about 106MB free on my 9700, using .723 base + xarles + a few apps (MeterBerry, BeBuzz, WhatsApp, imo, BeWeather, CB Launcher, Opera mini and XE Converter) without BB Messenger & BB AppWorld. Once I added those back (updated to latest versions) I had about 93MB free on boot. I'd like to think this is sufficient enough for my 9700!
    Last edited by UnderBerry; 03-15-12 at 11:14 AM.
    03-15-12 11:02 AM
    Wu, I've been on .723 for a while and I dislike the radio since the sounds coming out from the handset acts weird at times (must be a carrier thingy).
    I'm on .722 and am happy with that so I installed Xarles, the first few hours were quite pleasant, looking forward for some real life usage.
    Thanks Wu for your hard work!

Attached are some uninteresting screenshots, the 20:00ish positive mem boost happened after I upgraded my bbm and bb traffic.
    wu-wei likes this.
    03-16-12 02:22 AM
    I'm using this hybrid on my 9700 and so far it's been pretty sweet. It's the first hybrid I've tried actually. I experienced the "break-in period" on the first day of installation, but on the second day my 9700 was "sipping at the battery again" normally - thanks wu-wei!

My BB crashed a few times while accessing the camera (BB just turned off and had to do a battery pull/plug to turn back on) not sure if this is related perhaps one of the apps I'm using caused it.

Is it okay to shrink this hybrid? Is there anything I shouldn't shrink out?
    That's kinda weird of your phone crashing? Hmmm.. An answer to your question about "Is it ok to shrink this Hybrid" yes it is ok to shrink. Once the cods of this awesome hybrid is pasted to your base OS.. you can shrink it to your liking. But make sure you know what your shrinking.
    03-16-12 02:36 AM
    Wu, I've been on .723 for a while and I dislike the radio since the sounds coming out from the handset acts weird at times (must be a carrier thingy).
    I'm on .722 and am happy with that so I installed Xarles, the first few hours were quite pleasant, looking forward for some real life usage.

Attached are some uninteresting screenshots, the 20:00ish positive mem boost happened after I upgraded my bbm and bb traffic.
    Very impressive memory reading! Good job!
    03-16-12 02:42 AM

How do you access those logs on the phone?

Is it a series of codes that i have to enter or is it an app?
    03-16-12 03:01 AM

I used Tiny Meter.
    It's a useful free app that could be used to track your battery, memory, etc.
    radi33idar likes this.
    03-16-12 03:11 AM

Mostly all battery and memory apps have logs to show whats going on with both battery and memory managements. The best one i can recommend is Meterberry. Both for battery and memory info's.

MeterBerry - The Ultimate System Management Utility
    Last edited by ench18; 03-16-12 at 09:56 AM.
    03-16-12 09:53 AM
    Yeah, MeterBerry is the only app that I've invested money in so far. It's a shame that the developer hasn't updated it for a while now, but maybe it doesn't need to be updated? Lol, anyway, it's worth the $3.99 as it is a great tool to track memory and battery use (mainly).

About the camera issue, I experienced it again today. This time I took a few photo's with me 9700 then put it away, then I went to use it 10mins later and it was shut off, no response from any buttons pressed/held down. I had to do a battery pull to turn it back on. It maybe a the battery is disconnecting from the phone some how in my pocket (no I'm not running with it! just walking casually) but come to think about it, this only happens after taking a pic with it it. Weird.

As for the shrinking of Xarles, I posted a pic of what I shrunk out recently, so I'm successfully using a shrunk Xarles build now
    03-16-12 12:41 PM
    About the camera issue, I experienced it again today. This time I took a few photo's with me 9700 then put it away, then I went to use it 10mins later and it was shut off, no response from any buttons pressed/held down. I had to do a battery pull to turn it back on. It maybe a the battery is disconnecting from the phone some how in my pocket (no I'm not running with it! just walking casually) but come to think about it, this only happens after taking a pic with it it. Weird.

In my experience, I think it's realated to the 3 files/cods.(phone dc resources, phone model, phone resource cods) from os 7, changing those 3 cods. to OS. 723 cods. will fix the problem.
    phoreoneone and UnderBerry like this.
    03-16-12 09:36 PM
    So i shrunk the hybrid even more by doing this:

So now whenever I restart my phone I get this error:

"Uncaught exception:ApplicationRegistry.waitFor(0x70170be9d2 fc292)timeout"
    ***there isn't supposed to be a gap between the "2" and the "f"; it shows up automatically***

I have figured out that "Blackberry Traffic" causes this.

Any possible solutions?
    03-17-12 12:01 AM
    I am really loving the battery life on this hybrid!

Under heavy usage:

68 min of bbm
    1 hour 56 minutes of media usage
    2 hours used on phone calls
    49 minutes on the browser
    67 minutes on bb bridge
    26 minutes with ubersocial
    17 minutes on facebook
    1 hour 57 minutes used on messages
    23 minutes used with beweather

Took my phone out at full charge at 830am and now, at this time (1052pm) it is at 42%.

Good job wu-weu!

ench18, wu-wei, lordnorms and 1 others like this.
    03-17-12 12:56 AM
    I am really loving the battery life on this hybrid!

Under heavy usage:

68 min of bbm
    1 hour 56 minutes of media usage
    2 hours used on phone calls
    49 minutes on the browser
    67 minutes on bb bridge
    26 minutes with ubersocial
    17 minutes on facebook
    1 hour 57 minutes used on messages
    23 minutes used with beweather

Took my phone out at full charge at 830am and now, at this time (1052pm) it is at 42%.

Good job wu-weu!

Click to view quoted image
    I like this picture you posted! Lol Oh yha, this build does have a marvelous battery life!
    03-17-12 01:02 AM
    How do I knw if dis hybrid was successfully loaded on my device(9800)?
    03-17-12 06:49 AM

In my experience, I think it's realated to the 3 files/cods.(phone dc resources, phone model, phone resource cods) from os 7, changing those 3 cods. to OS. 723 cods. will fix the problem.
    Oh yeah? I thought it was my phone or battery, let me try replacing the 3 .cod files now! On second thought, I read in Verdell thread that it's not good idea to inject .cod's, and that you should do complete wipe and reinstall.. anybody had any problems after injecting .cod's?
    Last edited by UnderBerry; 03-17-12 at 07:24 AM. Reason: injecting vs os reinstall for the 3 .cod files, any problems?
    03-17-12 06:52 AM
    Very impressive memory reading! Good job!
    Well it'd be impressive if it was a 9700! But that's not the case
    03-17-12 07:06 AM
    Oh yeah? I thought it was my phone or battery, let me try replacing the 3 .cod files. Do I just use BBSAK to delete the existing (from Xarles) then use it again to "insert" the .723 stock ones?
    You don't need to delete xarles files, just use BBSAK to inject the .723 cods (it will automatically replace the 7.0.0.611 cods with 6.0.0.723 cods), if you use BBSAK I recommend you to inject the cods one by one (in my experience BBSAK sometimes fail to load/inject multiple cods.), after you change those 3 cods. plesase do a few battery pulls (changing those files will mostly effect the battery drain, and I think .723 cods are also very good), if the issue is still there than it's your battery (battery leakage).
    Last edited by Sator; 03-17-12 at 08:11 AM.
    03-17-12 07:32 AM
    I used Tiny Meter.
    It's a useful free app that could be used to track your battery, memory, etc.
    Tiny meter is a very good app.(made by Yohanes Nugroho who also made Modules dependency, which many Hybriders use it as their guidance in making their hybrids), personally I like it, it's very light app. (less than 30 kb), it doesn't drain battery and it's free...LOL
    leontam likes this.
    03-17-12 08:08 AM
    Tiny meter is a very good app.(made by Yohanes Nugroho who also made Modules dependency, which many Hybriders use it as their guidance in making their hybrids), personally I like it, it's very light app. (less than 30 kb), it doesn't drain battery and it's free...LOL
    Does it play well with OS 7 ?

I have always used MeterBerry but it does not fully function with OS7 and despite promises from Giant Cashew that an update was on the way nothing has appeared.

Woth doing a swap ??

Sorry to go a bit off topic.
    03-17-12 09:14 AM
109 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD