I replaced those two files in the hybrid zip and just updated the file that is available for download.
    It works. There are no issues with the media player.
    wu-wei likes this.
    08-12-11 07:57 PM
    I forgot where this is located. How did you get that screenshot?
    Shift alt h

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-12-11 08:00 PM
    saw one issue with this build but media buttons dont work pause.play and volume button non responsive in the media player they work other wise maybe the cods for the media player are causing this
    08-13-11 01:00 AM
    Fixed that already...as reflected in original post and thread discussion.
    08-13-11 01:01 AM
    08-13-11 01:40 AM
    Has anybody tried the email setup application? It did not work for me. It freezed when I clicked on the email set up icon.

08-13-11 03:50 AM
    Has anybody tried the email setup application? It did not work for me. It freezed when I clicked on the email set up icon.

This has been identified as an issue with certain carriers, and we (ench18 and I) are working on a fix as I type this.

I will post a fix once we nail things down for certain.

For the record, I have not heard any reports that this is an issue for North American carriers (AT&T and T-Mobile).

Can you confirm that your carrier is still Orange? I'm guessing you've upgraded from the 8700g listed in your info.
    Guatiao likes this.
    08-13-11 03:57 AM
    it's all good until I realized somehow chinese input is not available, only chinese display is available even though the options are there in the installation
    need to downgrade now
    I did not change any of the language files at all.

Best advice is to confirm that all necessary files are available in the base OS folder.
    08-13-11 03:59 AM

The problem has been identified and resolved.

There is a patch included in the original post, and the download has been updated to include the changes for anyone who installs in the future.

Thanks for your patience, and I apologize for any inconvenience.
    ench18 and Guatiao like this.
    08-13-11 04:58 AM
    And big thanks go to ench18 for testing and helping me resolve the email setup issue. I couldn't have done it without him.
    ench18 likes this.
    08-13-11 04:59 AM
    Hi wu-wei,
    My carrier is Mobifone in Vietnam. I have fixed that issue by installing email setup version 6.11.0419.0755. Congrat you have fixed it too. By the way, I am using a Bold 9700. 8700G was my first Blackberry.

wu-wei likes this.
    08-13-11 11:15 AM
    Hi wu-wei,
    My carrier is Mobifone in Vietnam. I have fixed that issue by installing email setup version 6.11.0419.0755. Congrat you have fixed it too. By the way, I am using a Bold 9700. 8700G was my first Blackberry.

Glad you were able to fix the issues. Thanks for letting me know what works for your carrier - I appreciate it.
    08-13-11 12:08 PM
    You're welcome! I especially like the speed of the browser of your build. It's amazing! Keep up the great work dude!

wu-wei likes this.
    08-13-11 09:21 PM
    Fixed that already...as reflected in original post and thread discussion.
    sorry didnt see those files last night
    08-14-11 01:57 AM
    Try loading the new .cods that were newly attached by wu-wei.

08-14-11 02:09 AM
    Just loaded this up today, previously had stock 615 and this seems to be a nice improvement. About 8-10MB additional free memory 15 minutes after boot, and the responsiveness seems much improved throughout the system.

Actually, mega tower assault finally plays without any sand clocks now, nice! Boot time is very good as well, about 3 minutes from start to finish. I'll post back here if I notice anything else different, so far I'm pretty happy with it.

Thanks for this hybrid wu-wei, it's much appreciated.
    wu-wei likes this.
    08-14-11 02:32 AM
    Just loaded this up today, previously had stock 615 and this seems to be a nice improvement. About 8-10MB additional free memory 15 minutes after boot, and the responsiveness seems much improved throughout the system.

Actually, mega tower assault finally plays without any sand clocks now, nice! Boot time is very good as well, about 3 minutes from start to finish. I'll post back here if I notice anything else different, so far I'm pretty happy with it.

You'll see allot of improvements while you go further with this build.
    wu-wei likes this.
    08-14-11 03:25 AM
    sorry didnt see those files last night
    No worries man.....as long as it's working for you now.
    08-14-11 04:35 AM

Thank you for the kind words - I'm happy things are going well for you.

So far this is the best build I've made. Combine that with all the tweaks I've done to my personal favorite theme (blnk) and I'm really debating whether I want to plunk down my $$$ for a 9900. This set up is just too sweet.
    Guatiao likes this.
    08-14-11 04:38 AM
    Email setup still does not work for Wind Mobile (Canada). I tried the original download link. Even double checking by injecting the fixed. Nada.
    08-14-11 05:17 AM
    I find battery performance is poor. The previous Hybrid was great.
    08-14-11 10:45 AM
    When did you install this build? Give it time to settle in. It settle's in pretty fast. And I'm very happy with this build.

08-14-11 11:26 AM
    Email setup still does not work for Wind Mobile (Canada). I tried the original download link. Even double checking by injecting the fixed. Nada.
    Please check that net_rim_networkapi and net_rim_bis_lib are version 6.0.0.650.

The BIS files included in my build are version 7.11.0619.1924. Remove the following files from the Java folder you're installing with:

net_rim_bis_bg_client.cod
    net_rim_bis_client_lib.cod
    net_rim_bis_Daemon.cod
    net_rim_bis_client.cod
    net_rim_bis_client_bbid_lib.cod
    net_rim_bis_client__en.cod
    net_rim_bis_client_res.cod
    net_rim_bis_client_resources.cod

And replace with these from the 6.0.0.615 Java folder:

net_rim_bis_client.cod
    net_rim_bis_client__en.cod
    net_rim_bis_client_res.cod
    net_rim_bis_client_resources.cod

Basically, you need to roll back the bis_client files to 6.0.0.615. Newer versions use 8 files, but the older version only uses 4. If your carrier has approved an update for the email setup application, then you will be prompted to install it when your first run it.

All of these changes should be possible using BBMCP or, if you're comfortable, by creating a jad to install the different versions from SD card. If using BBMCP, I would first install the 4 older cods (which should cause a reboot) and then remove the 4 remaining newer cods that are left over (which will cause another reboot).

Now that I think of it, you should be able to make these changes with loader.exe as well, after the Java folder is revised. It should not require a full OS install, but should instead change out only the bis files.
    08-14-11 11:27 AM
    My average hourly discharge rate is 3.9% with moderate-to-heavy usage on 3G and WiFi. I typically idle at well under 1% overnight, and have seen hourly rates as low as 0.2% at that time.
    08-14-11 11:31 AM
    My average hourly discharge rate is 3.9% with moderate-to-heavy usage on 3G and WiFi. I typically idle at well under 1% overnight, and have seen hourly rates as low as 0.2% at that time.
    Its been in since the day it was release with so many reboots since then. From day one I notice the battery performance was more. Maybe its my provide with issues, but from day 1 i notice it compare to the previous build. The memory is great. The phone performance seems well, but watching some videos causes a reboot. In all builds still get the large page issues. Example bbleaks.com

Other than that, the phone is nice and fast.
    wu-wei likes this.
    08-14-11 12:01 PM
101 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD