B@stard Hybrid 20110723
    Created by wu-wei (theme developer ordinaire and former BDHP member/beta-tester)

This is my latest privately built hybrid. I have run very limited testing on a Bold 9700 using a base OS of 6.0.0.615 as released by Bell Mobility. I have downloaded and analyzed the 6.0.0.615 build for WIND, and the sfi file (also called the radio or platform) appears to be identical to the previous 6.0.0.600 leaked OS for the 9700. Therefore, I do not recommend using that particular vendor's release of 6.0.0.615.

I am releasing this at the request of several users on CrackBerry.

I have not tested on any other devices or any other OS versions as a base install.

I will not be providing any support for this hybrid. I know of one bug, which occurs at start-up. It does not recur during normal operations and has not produced any noticeable effect on regular usage.

To install this hybrid, extract the contents of this zip file into the Java folder of the base OS you choose to use. On my system, these files were extracted into C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9700AllLang_v6.0.0.615_P6.6.0.223\Java.

When you extract the cod files into the folder listed above, you should be prompted to confirm that you want to replace existing files. If you are not prompted, then you are probably trying to extract to the wrong directory and the hybrid files will not be installed on your device.

If you do not know exactly what you're doing, then you should choose one of the following options:

1. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO INSTALL THIS HYBRID.
    2. Read my guide on the CrackBerry forums, available here: Hybrid OS Installation Guide
    3. Read any How To posts by elite1 in practically any hybrid or leaked OS thread on CrackBerry.com
    4. Search the CrackBerry forums and read as much as you can find about how the BlackBerry OS loader process works.

Again, I will not provide any support for the installation or operation of this hybrid. It is intended for experienced users.

This package does NOT include any third party applications at all. I build hybrid OSes. I do not promote any apps or force users to choose whether they want to install apps they may or may not want. If you are looking for a particular third party app, I probably have an opinion about it and may be able to tell you where to find it (I'm talking free or paid versions, NOT WAREZ).

Feel free to post any feedback on the build. I may make changes based on information received, but I cannot make any promises right now. I am very busy with other work and will be traveling most of the coming week.

Download B@stard Hybrid 20110723
    Last edited by wu-wei; 07-24-11 at 10:12 PM.
    PiotrJot, ench18, hytran and 1 others like this.
    07-24-11 09:42 PM
    ВЯő�!! I wet my pants lol. Bummer I got a 9780 now! What is that bug you speak of?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-11 09:49 PM
    For those who are technically inclined (which I hope would be anyone willing to load this puppy onto their device), this build includes about 140 files from the latest leaked 7.0.0.261 OS for the 9900, and a smattering of files from 6.1.x and 7.0.0.115 builds.

It also includes the ribbon_app COD file from 6.0.0.461, which is the last known version that does not cause the Homescreen Preferences option to fail.

In case anyone is interested, I have also prepared my own custom ALX files and would be willing to share them. They come with a MAJOR caveat - I cut out ALL language references, so they are incredibly small compared to the stock ALX files and would be completely useless to anyone who needs to install any foreign language support. I also need to check whether the BIS file ALX has been changed. I tried using the BIS package from the 7.0.0.261 leak, but it would not work over 6.0.0.615.

The BIS files included in the hybrid are 7.11.0619.1924 - I think they're from 7.0.0.187, but I honestly can't remember right now.

Also, just to continue this seemingly endless ramble about my travels through the BlackBerry OS, I shrink a lot out of my OS installs. I mean A LOT. My OS folder for this installation contains only 363 files at a size of 38.2 MB. That does not include lots of standard apps though, like Docs to Go, BlackBerry Messenger, Facebook, etc. It is strictly the core OS. Everything else is installed via jad from my SD card.
    Last edited by wu-wei; 07-24-11 at 09:59 PM.
    Guatiao likes this.
    07-24-11 09:55 PM
    ВЯő�!! I wet my pants lol. Bummer I got a 9780 now! What is that bug you speak of?

I would have to do a reset to confirm the bug, but I recall it has to do with the ui api. I'm tracking down dependencies to see if I can make a flawless build, but that it not a priority for me at the moment. For now, it works fine and I just have to click OK once after a reset. No biggie in my world, as I reset maybe once a week at the most.

And the 615 platform is really shining. Battery performance and memory management are SOLID.
    07-24-11 09:58 PM
    Dang it. Some filter has flummoxed my dropbox link. I'll update in a second....

OK, all fixed.
    Last edited by wu-wei; 07-24-11 at 10:12 PM.
    07-24-11 10:10 PM
    appreciate
    One question: Does your OS hybird has 2g mode in Mobile Network Options?
    If it is possible, Do you know how to edit alx file in order to bring 2g mode back for several carriers' 9700 device?

Some 9700 from European carriers does not have 2g mode in Mobile Network Option
    07-24-11 10:55 PM
    appreciate
    One question: Does your OS hybird has 2g mode in Mobile Network Options?
    If it is possible, Do you know how to edit alx file in order to bring 2g mode back for several carriers' 9700 device?

Some 9700 from European carriers does not have 2g mode in Mobile Network Option
    Hmm. All of my OS installs have always shown this option (2G or 2G/3G). I don't think that can be modified by ALX files or OS builds. If those options are not available, I suspect it is controlled by your carrier.

07-24-11 11:00 PM
    Hi, do you think this os would help me with the network loss problem when using generic data plan without bis?

07-25-11 01:20 AM
    Wow, its nice to see there's still plenty of support for the good old 9700. Hey zoc, you should hit wu-wei up with the link to the dependencies page, I'm sure he will be very grateful. As for the post above, overall a hybrid doesnt contribute that much to network signal, that's down to your carrier and the sfi file. One thing I do know of that somehow does affect signal in someway is the bbapi_push.cod, but whatever you do, do not use 6.1/7.0 cods, they seem to drain battery more than 5.0/6.0 cods do. Even though I no longer own a bb, I'm still lurking in the shadows willing to offer any help that I can.

wu-wei likes this.
    07-25-11 05:34 AM
    Hey zoc, you should hit wu-wei up with the link to the dependencies page, I'm sure he will be very grateful.
    I think I've got that one bookmarked. Well, if it's the one I'm thinking of. I honestly haven't spent much time trying to fix that issue - my life is rather chaotic at the moment and I really just threw this build out because folks were asking after it.

One thing I do know of that somehow does affect signal in someway is the bbapi_push.cod, but whatever you do, do not use 6.1/7.0 cods, they seem to drain battery more than 5.0/6.0 cods do.
    Heh, this build does not include the bbapi_push.cod - I leave that one stock.

Thanks for dropping in Daniel...I appreciate the information.
    07-25-11 07:41 AM
    wow wrinkles, nicely done.

i loaded this last night and put it on the charger till this morning about 7am. it is now noon and i'm at 94%. but today has been a very light usage day. few txt, bbm and 3 short phone calls.

since last nights reboot i am currently sitting at -5mb.... which is next to nothing
    07-25-11 01:46 PM
    Excellent job on this build wu! Just wish there was a fix for that message that comes out after every reboot. Besides that everything works excellent!
    07-26-11 08:13 AM
    B@stard Hybrid 20110723
    If you do not know exactly what you're doing, then you should choose one of the following options:

1. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO INSTALL THIS HYBRID.
    2. Read my guide on the CrackBerry forums, available here: Hybrid OS Installation Guide
    3. Read any How To posts by elite1 in practically any hybrid or leaked OS thread on CrackBerry.com
    4. Search the CrackBerry forums and read as much as you can find about how the BlackBerry OS loader process works.
    Amen!

Are you sure you're not in IT?
    wu-wei likes this.
    07-26-11 08:46 AM
    So far best hybroid I tried ! Memory is awesome! One question, how can I get the "youtube" cod ?

07-26-11 10:56 PM
    I fixed the error msg (if u r referring to uncaught exception "il8n")
    I replaced the net_rim_cellbroadcast from 7.xx to 6.0.615 from original bell cod file And I replaced all net_rim_idlc_xx to the original bell cod files as well.
    I suspect u only need to replace the net_rim_cellbroadcast and error msg won't be coming out again but I'm lazy to try. Too busy with real life.
    I use BBSAK to replace hybrid cod with original cod.
    Give it a try people.

ench18 and wu-wei like this.
    07-26-11 11:48 PM
    I replaced the net_rim_cellbroadcast from 7.xx to 6.0.615 from original bell cod file And I replaced all net_rim_idlc_xx to the original bell cod files as well.
    I suspect u only need to replace the net_rim_cellbroadcast and error msg won't be coming out again but I'm lazy to try. Too busy with real life.
    Give it a try people.

cellbroadcast and data provider should be left at 6 anyway .... gps would work better.
    07-27-11 12:02 AM
    Give it a try people.

I replaced the net_rim_cellbroadcast (7.xx) back to its original (.615)net_rim_cellbroadcast .cod and the message that pops up after every reboot isn't there anymore. But still testing it out. Thanks for the tip!
    wu-wei likes this.
    07-27-11 02:59 AM
    AT&T apparently didn't like the BIS files included (e-mail settings were inaccessible), so I rolled back to the .615 BIS files and let it do its update and all is happy now.

I also did the cellbroadcast rollback and that seems to have done the trick with the error message.

All in all a very nice hybrid! Thanks for sharing!!
    wu-wei likes this.
    07-27-11 07:54 AM
    Thanks to all for the bug squashing....I tried the cellbroadcast downgrade and it removed the one bug I had seen.

I found another issue earlier today - limited to launching KeyRing. I'm working out the details now. I will likely post a revised version soon. And I might poke around a few newer OSes to see if there's anything else that could help.
    ench18 likes this.
    07-30-11 12:35 AM
    Can't wait for the update wu!
    07-30-11 01:23 AM
    Just an FYI for those curious...I have a new build ready to load onto my device. It passed my sim testing, so now it's time for some real world tests.

Should be released later tonight. And I hope everyone understands how quickly these are being released as compared to other builders' practices. So don't expect perfection right away. ;-) This is rather rough-n-ready.
    Guatiao likes this.
    07-30-11 09:32 PM
    07-31-11 12:07 AM
    is this for os 5 or os 6?
    08-15-11 10:58 AM
    is this for os 5 or os 6?
    Check the original post and you'll see I recommend using this with a base OS of 6.0.0.615.

And I would also recommend using one of my newer builds as they are performing as well as, if not better than, this one.
    08-15-11 02:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD