B@stard Hybrid: Apt (20130118)

Created by wu-wei

Those of you who regularly use my builds know the drill, but this one incorporates new files from the recently-released 7.1.0.825 OS.

I have streamlined this build considerably, and I left many files as base version in favor of stability.

This build has been through just some basic testing, but performs quite well relative to my previous builds.

My hybrids go through testing on several devices, and I am confident that my builds work well on all OS6 devices.

Recommended base OS versions:

9300: 6.0.0.749
    9650: 6.0.0.707 (or 6.0.0.719)
    9700: 6.0.0.749
    9780: 6.0.0.749
    9800: 6.0.0.749

*For all 6.0.0.749 OS installers, Go to Austria -> Free Download Area -> Endger�te -> Rim Devices -> *DEVICE* -> Handheld Software 6.0 rel 3159

While these base OSes are recommended, Apt will work over any 6.0.0.6xx or .7xx OS. If you have found another OS in those series that works best for you, certainly feel free to use that one instead.

Please note that some users have reported a "break-in" period with any hybrid. That is, the first day or so has poor battery life, but then things stabilize and we start sipping at the battery again. Battery life is critically important to me, so I am always mindful of those issues (and reluctant to leave my beloved 9700 for some shiny new OS7 device). I have not experienced this phenomenon myself, but I did want to mention that it is possible.

To install this hybrid, extract the contents of this zip file into the Java folder of the base OS you choose to use. On my system, these files were extracted into C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9700M_v6.0.0.749_P6.6.0.250\Java.

When you extract the cod files into the folder listed above, you should be prompted to confirm that you want to replace existing files. If you are not prompted, then you are probably trying to extract to the wrong directory and the hybrid files will not be installed on your device.

If you do not know exactly what you're doing, then you should choose one of the following options:

1. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO INSTALL THIS HYBRID.
    2. Read my guide on the CrackBerry forums, available here: Hybrid OS Installation Guide
    3. Read any How To posts by elite1 in practically any hybrid or leaked OS thread on CrackBerry.com
    4. Search the CrackBerry forums and read as much as you can find about how the BlackBerry OS loader process works.

This package does NOT include any third party applications at all. I build hybrid OSes. I do not promote any apps or force users to choose whether they want to install apps they may not want. If you are looking for a particular third party app, I probably have an opinion about it and may be able to tell you where to find it (I'm talking free or paid versions, NOT WAREZ).

Many thanks to my tireless and intrepid team:
    • ench18
    • bintaro_gw
    • bmercer94
    • kev23m
    • leontam
    • lordnorms
    • Soulja Boy
    • walestrings

Download Apt
    01-19-13 03:14 PM
    Finally,I have been waiting for this,will update 2mrw and will let you know
    Thanks
    01-19-13 03:23 PM
    OMG, FINALLY A NEW HYBRID , I'll update NOW. Thanks Wu, happy new year.
    wu-wei likes this.
    01-19-13 03:26 PM
    Alright...thanks for the new hybrid.

Question: I overwrote the java folder with Apt and then shrunk using BBHTool...is is just me, or is the file size quite a bit larger now? Best i could shrink down to was 60.4 MB...for some reason i recall shrinking much more. Also...when i started to load via loader.exe a whole lot of program install options with tick marks appeared. Does the base OS now include all types of apps that were not part of the previous package?

I aborted the install and am remaining on Aikido for the 9700 at the moment.

Cheers!
    01-19-13 11:20 PM
    where can we get 749 for the 9700, cant find a good link.

nm lol
    01-20-13 09:25 AM
    [QUOTE=EVERED78;7870363]where can we get 749 for the 9700, cant find a good link.

nm lol[/QUOTE

Did you read the first post ???, There is a link and instuctions in there !!!
    01-20-13 09:43 AM
    I also found the 9700 and 9780 devices missing on the list on T-mo Austria.
    Have found an alternative: Os 6 ( 6.0.0.749 )
    I hope the files are what they are supposed to be...
    deathbearry likes this.
    01-20-13 10:10 AM
    I also found the 9700 and 9780 devices missing on the list on T-mo Austria.
    Have found an alternative: Os 6 ( 6.0.0.749 )
    I hope the files are what they are supposed to be...
    Tried links for 9700 and 9780 in first post and working fine for me.
    01-20-13 10:32 AM
    [QUOTE=Legal Eagle;7870414]
    where can we get 749 for the 9700, cant find a good link.

nm lol[/QUOTE

Did you read the first post ???, There is a link and instuctions in there !!!
    Thats why i said nm lol
    01-20-13 10:37 AM
    Tried links for 9700 and 9780 in first post and working fine for me.
    Same here - just tried them and they're working fine.
    01-20-13 10:45 AM
    Working awesome here. (9780, .749 base)
    First hours I was having a 1.8% adr. Now: Without using it, 0.4%, using BBM, Twitter and Facebook, 1.0%
    Thanks wu
    wu-wei likes this.
    01-20-13 11:14 AM
    the links is work fine for me. try using different browsers if the problem persist
    01-20-13 02:26 PM
    Alright...thanks for the new hybrid.

Question: I overwrote the java folder with Apt and then shrunk using BBHTool...is is just me, or is the file size quite a bit larger now? Best i could shrink down to was 60.4 MB...for some reason i recall shrinking much more.
    I have just confirmed that using BBHTool to maximum shrink .723 results in an OS of approximately 34 mb. While the same settings shrinks .749 to approximately 60 mb. I dont know what the issue is, but it does not appear that I will use this new base os.

This is my observation while attempting to set up the OS install directory.

Cheers!
    01-20-13 04:22 PM
    I have just confirmed that using BBHTool to maximum shrink .723 results in an OS of approximately 34 mb. While the same settings shrinks .749 to approximately 60 mb. I dont know what the issue is, but it does not appear that I will use this new base os.

This is my observation while attempting to set up the OS install directory.

Cheers!
    That is unusual. I've gotten so familiar with the contents of my OS installs that I can usually tell at a glance what files are different. Barring that, though, I recommend trying WinMerge (free directory compare app) to see what files are not being removed during the shrink process. Anything in the 749 folder that's not in the 723 folder can then be moved to the 'removed' directory.
    BullMarket likes this.
    01-20-13 09:36 PM
    That is unusual. I've gotten so familiar with the contents of my OS installs that I can usually tell at a glance what files are different. Barring that, though, I recommend trying WinMerge (free directory compare app) to see what files are not being removed during the shrink process. Anything in the 749 folder that's not in the 723 folder can then be moved to the 'removed' directory.
    Thanks...i assume i have to put all the cod files into the removed directory, and that just deleting the alx files will not cut it. Thanks for the feedback. I guess i should also try shrinking wth BBBoss first. Cheers!
    01-20-13 11:39 PM
    BB Boss 2.2 did it...shrunk to about 35 mb....Cheers!
    wu-wei likes this.
    01-20-13 11:54 PM
    awesome dev, downloading and will try this
    wu-wei likes this.
    01-21-13 02:33 AM
    Awesome to see you still working on these hybrids! Spent a little time updating my spare 9700 yesterday Thanks again!
    wu-wei likes this.
    01-21-13 11:26 AM
    Awesome to see you still working on these hybrids! Spent a little time updating my spare 9700 yesterday Thanks again!
    Glad to see you're still using my builds. I was sifting through some of my old threads yesterday, looking for a solution for another user and saw several of your posts...how ironic that here you are today.
    01-21-13 12:20 PM
    Short report. I loaded Apt after shrinking 749 with BB Boss 2.2 to the minimum. OS install was about 35 mb. Manually removed a few .alx files from the Loader Files directory to match the same alxs that were present on the shrunken 723 base.

Install went great...whatsapp connected and re-initialized. However, browser would not open and would display an error message saying to try the service again later. Likewise, IM+ would not connect and went into a loop of asking to run the IP Configure routine. Did a couple of bat pulls with same results. Have rolled back to Aikido. This mix is not working for my 9700. Anybody else having these issues?

What's odd is BBH Tool would not properly shrink the 749 base. And then this strange broken connection. Yet all other OSs and Hybrids shrunk fine and had no issues such as this.

Cheers!
    01-21-13 07:42 PM
    Short report. I loaded Apt after shrinking 749 with BB Boss 2.2 to the minimum. OS install was about 35 mb. Manually removed a few .alx files from the Loader Files directory to match the same alxs that were present on the shrunken 723 base.

Install went great...whatsapp connected and re-initialized. However, browser would not open and would display an error message saying to try the service again later. Likewise, IM+ would not connect and went into a loop of asking to run the IP Configure routine. Did a couple of bat pulls with same results. Have rolled back to Aikido. This mix is not working for my 9700. Anybody else having these issues?

What's odd is BBH Tool would not properly shrink the 749 base. And then this strange broken connection. Yet all other OSs and Hybrids shrunk fine and had no issues such as this.

Cheers!
    That is bizarre, as mine is working just fine. I've seen a few comments among BBM group members that BIS has been a bit flaky today. I turned off my WiFi and had no cell-based BIS. Perhaps there's a disturbance in the force? I'm off to look for any more news...
    01-21-13 08:15 PM
    I'm off to look for any more news...
    Thanks...however I do not think my issue is BIS related, as I am not using the BIS...i am using a T-Mobile prepaid data plan under no contract. I guess i could try downloading the base OS again in case something got corrupted during my download, but i doubt that is it as i have lighting fast internet and the European server was fast, as well.

First time this this sort of error happened. I attached a screenshot of the alx files present during the OS install. This is the same as for the Aikido install, which works swimmingly.

Cheers!B@stard - Apt (20130118)-alx_loader.jpg
    TITOMAN357 likes this.
    01-21-13 09:30 PM
    wew... still hang out with hybrids?
    i m retired... mostly the same....
    hybrid a.. hybrid b... hybrid c.... bla bla bla
    anyway... master wu wei is still cookin some... you rocks....dude.. keep on the track...
    wu-wei likes this.
    01-22-13 01:39 AM
    Thanks...however I do not think my issue is BIS related, as I am not using the BIS...i am using a T-Mobile prepaid data plan under no contract. I guess i could try downloading the base OS again in case something got corrupted during my download, but i doubt that is it as i have lighting fast internet and the European server was fast, as well.

First time this this sort of error happened. I attached a screenshot of the alx files present during the OS install. This is the same as for the Aikido install, which works swimmingly.

Cheers!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Alx_Loader.jpg 
Views:	498 
Size:	21.7 KB 
ID:	132092
    I'll strongly recommend comparing the two install folders (Aikido and Apt) to see whether there was a glitch in the different shrinking processes. Perhaps a key file was removed from the Apt install?
    BullMarket likes this.
    01-22-13 07:42 AM
    After almost a week of testing, this build works just fine. Good battery life as always. 749 base on 9300. Sticking to this and finally moving on from Aikido.
    wu-wei likes this.
    01-22-13 11:25 AM
47 12