Good one from Wu and the team. One thing I would want to know is why am having higher ADR, some times it goes up as high as 12.7%, though an heavy user.

Sent from my BΔ$TΔRD BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    12-08-12 11:38 PM
    Good one from Wu and the team. One thing I would want to know is why am having higher ADR, some times it goes up as high as 12.7%, though an heavy user.

Sent from my BΔ$TΔRD BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    Sometimes it happens to me too... I guess it's because the place where I work have a poor signal reception and it keeps trying to connect through 3G.. I usualy switch to 2G network only there!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9105 powered by B@stard Hybrid: Anticlockwise
    12-10-12 12:58 PM
    If you have reliable wifi connectivity in the areas you stay normally, then i'd recommend keep wifi on, as it's better to have strong wifi than weak 2g/3g
    12-10-12 08:19 PM
    Happened to me b4 2. Deleted and re-installed BBM and it'll be back.
    Didn't worked for me... I still can't find the pin message feature... :S any ideas?

12-10-12 08:54 PM
    Didn't worked for me... I still can't find the pin message feature... :S any ideas?
    Try inject this cod files. Hope will fix it.

net_rim bb_email.cod
    net_rim_bb_email_compression.cod

Sorry can't attach files

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bintaro_gw; 12-11-12 at 08:28 AM. Reason: to complete it
    12-11-12 08:15 AM

can you tell me please Which are the correct cod files to inject? :S

12-11-12 08:22 AM
    Hello wu-wei,
    im not new to your hybrid which i find one of the best in terms of battery and stability. i have alchol installed on 9700 and it has dramatically improved the overal experience.
    I am now on a brand new 9790 with 9790jAllLang_PBr7.1.0_rel2039_PL9.16.0.158_A7.1.0. 714_Vodafone_UK.exe installed.
    Any advice? im tempted to try this new work of yours on the 9790, have you heard of any bad feedback??

tia
    12-12-12 08:55 AM
    Hello wu-wei,
    im not new to your hybrid which i find one of the best in terms of battery and stability. i have alchol installed on 9700 and it has dramatically improved the overal experience.
    I am now on a brand new 9790 with 9790jAllLang_PBr7.1.0_rel2039_PL9.16.0.158_A7.1.0. 714_Vodafone_UK.exe installed.
    Any advice? im tempted to try this new work of yours on the 9790, have you heard of any bad feedback??

tia
    My builds are meant for OS6, and NOT OS7. I don't know what would happen if you tried installing it. Probably wouldn't work.
    susman likes this.
    12-12-12 09:44 AM
    My builds are meant for OS6, and NOT OS7. I don't know what would happen if you tried installing it. Probably wouldn't work.
    thanks for your reply,
    12-12-12 10:14 AM
    After a very bad experience with Akimbo (Av Discharge of 12%/ hr) I went back to Aikido, it has the best combination of Battery life and performance on my 9800. Have any 9800 users seen an advantage to Anticlockwise?
    12-12-12 03:06 PM
    Installed about 4days ago. My max adr was 11.5%, min adr 0.9%. Backing to Aikido which my max adr 7-9%, min 0.6%.
    I've one question to ask. I want to have Alcohol's Browser in Aikido's built. Which cods do I have to copy from Alcohol and is it good to do so. Have you ever do this before.
    Thanks in advanced
    12-12-12 08:24 PM
    Installed yesterday and now Google Maps no longer works - it says "Serious Error - Please Exit & Restart". Anyone else getting this problem with this build?
    12-13-12 12:10 PM
    Installed yesterday and now Google Maps no longer works - it says "Serious Error - Please Exit & Restart". Anyone else getting this problem with this build?
    Nothing to do with the Hybrid

Courtesy of Phill_Uk from the Official 9900 .794 thread

Google Maps will work fine on any BlackBerry, running any OS, provided it was installed prior to the last couple of days.

If you are trying to install it now, it won't work... Google have blocked acceptance from BB. Nothing you can do about it.
    BoldAlways likes this.
    12-13-12 12:13 PM
    Are you serious? So, DON'T install any new OS if you want to keep Google Maps?
    12-13-12 12:57 PM
    Seriously, Wu should put IN ALL CAPS now on the thread title to warn everyone: DO NOT INSTALL THIS HYBRID NOW IF YOU NEED TO USE GOOGLE MAPS. It is one of my most used apps and I might as well have just thrown my phone into the garbage now.

Ridiculous that this is not FRONT PAGE NEWS on Crackberry.
    12-13-12 01:01 PM
    The worst part of Google doing this is, that it's completely uncontrollable. i believe Google is trying to make it so "BlackBerry doesn't have google maps, iPhone doesn't use Google Maps, so they are inferior, buy an Android."
    BoldAlways likes this.
    12-13-12 01:04 PM
    Corporate policy
    12-14-12 05:59 AM
    Are you serious? So, DON'T install any new OS if you want to keep Google Maps?
    Seriously, Wu should put IN ALL CAPS now on the thread title to warn everyone: DO NOT INSTALL THIS HYBRID NOW IF YOU NEED TO USE GOOGLE MAPS. It is one of my most used apps and I might as well have just thrown my phone into the garbage now.

Ridiculous that this is not FRONT PAGE NEWS on Crackberry.
    Sorry, but I have no control over what Google chooses to do. They develop and market a competing technology, so I am honestly not (terribly) surprised that they are leveraging their position to influence users to "Go Android!" (which is basically all the "support" you'll get when you're looking for Google's BlackBerry apps).

Once upon a time I used to be able to get push notifications for all of my Gmail accounts on my BlackBerry by setting them up as IMAP accounts. Now, regardless of how the accounts are configured, I get the typical 15-minute sync window for emails. I really don't care about their Maps app, since it was always a resource hog and there are plenty of viable alternatives out there. But that kind of delay in communications is just unacceptable to me. I am looking for decent alternatives for hosting my business' email as a result.

So, does anyone remember Google's primary guiding principle?
    12-14-12 01:16 PM
    keep calm. iOS map is drunk as fxxk. and to Google Maps, they just want to terminate all their links with RIM due to focusing on Android. ... i think.
    12-14-12 02:21 PM

net_rim bb_email.cod
    net_rim_bb_email_compression.cod

Sorry can't attach files

Try inject this cod files with BBSAK
    Attached Files
    12-14-12 07:46 PM
    Try inject this cod files with BBSAK
    thx for the help... gonna try it tomorrow!

12-14-12 10:52 PM
    Just to share how Anticlockwise is working around here...
    Thx again Wu for this awesome release... Everyone is just impressed how fast my device is running

12-14-12 11:03 PM
    Sorry I overreacted, but on the bright side... you can get google maps back, at least for now, see the following thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...new-os-757894/

Anecdotally the build has been phenomenal, well worth the trouble with the maps fiasco. Stellar job as always. Memory management much better than it was on Alcohol through my unscientific anecdotal observations.

Another app that has stopped working though since I've installed this hybrid: Vlingo. Anyone else having problems with it using this build? Not as crucial as GMaps so I can live without it, but would be nice to see if it's something with my build, something I've accidentally shrinked out or Vlingo servers have actually shut down.
    12-15-12 04:12 AM
    I've been using this build for more than a week now. I've noticed my ADR is higher than it was when i was running Alcohol (11-13% now. 4-5% in alcohol) i'm always connected to wifi. Phone shuts down at 8% battery
    Also my browser has an 8 - 10 seconds delay from when i click the icon (pretty smooth after that) and the overall performance of the phone is a bit choppy.
    The apps i use are:
    Tiny Meter
    Whatsapp
    Capture it
    Facebook Messenger
    App world
    Opera Mini

I'm seeing more hourglasses than i was in Alcohol.

Could these issues be unique to my device? Should i go back to Alcohol? Need some advice. Thanks

Oh and i'm using it over .723 base
    12-15-12 08:10 AM
    I've been using this build for more than a week now. I've noticed my ADR is higher than it was when i was running Alcohol (11-13% now. 4-5% in alcohol) i'm always connected to wifi. Phone shuts down at 8% battery
    Also my browser has an 8 - 10 seconds delay from when i click the icon (pretty smooth after that) and the overall performance of the phone is a bit choppy.
    The apps i use are:
    Tiny Meter
    Whatsapp
    Capture it
    Facebook Messenger
    App world
    Opera Mini

I'm seeing more hourglasses than i was in Alcohol.

Could these issues be unique to my device? Should i go back to Alcohol? Need some advice. Thanks

Oh and i'm using it over .723 base
    From what I've learned about BB hybrids, its not about having the latest updates on everything.. It depends on your specific device and the usage you'll give to it... So, if you were having best results with alcohol, rollback to it... I'm no expert but I think Wu will surely tell you the same.

Oh, and whatsapp is a battery drainer.. Make sure you exit everytime you use it.... You'll still get all your notifications but it won't drain your battery so fast ..

[email protected] likes this.
    12-15-12 10:22 AM
68 123