Attachment 125132

i'm re-loading Alcohol. this is 48 hours after re-loading. at 74% in 5 hours after discharge from charger.
    For the 9700 i would recommend Aikido, unless you prefer the smoothness of Alcohol
    11-09-12 02:04 PM
    Pls i've been wanting to ask. Is it wrong to have Ubersocial and Twitter for Blackberry installed at the same time? Does it have so much effect on the boot time & all ? I need some explanations on this one because i tweet heavily.
    Both application performs same functions, so I would rather go with just one. If you don't like the simplicity of Twitter for blackberry, then you could go for Ubersocial.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    11-09-12 08:11 PM
    Alcohol is not so good with the high Adr and slow browser for me, it never really loads a page, struggles with loading images till I click the next link on the page.

No super improvement at all for me.

11-09-12 08:18 PM
    I'm drugk and witf this hybris.
    11-09-12 11:25 PM
    nah...i'm sticking with Alcohol for now. if the battery issue is the main subject, i rather switched to EDGE, because my carrier's speed on EDGE quite good.
    gibrael likes this.
    11-10-12 06:56 AM
    Both application performs same functions, so I would rather go with just one. If you don't like the simplicity of Twitter for blackberry, then you could go for Ubersocial.

Errm, that wasn't what i asked about sir but I'm okay with Twitter for BB
    11-10-12 04:17 PM
    Getting ready for a battery replacement. Sigh! I got a new battery 3months ago tho. Dunno why this is gng on at this point

Sent from my B@stard BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails B@stard - Alcohol (20121024)-capturenux-2012-11-11-10.52.11.jpg  
    11-11-12 03:55 AM
    Haven't tried Aikido so i prefer Alcohol. :P
    11-12-12 04:49 PM
    Haven't tried Aikido so i prefer Alcohol. :P
    Alcohol is smoother(lol) but aikido usually provides better battery
    11-12-12 06:04 PM
    Alcohol is smoother(lol) but aikido usually provides better battery
    Hmm. i might have to try it out then, mainly because i have a Curve 9330 and i can't get to a charger until every night, I leave for school around 7am. Soo, yeah i need the battery life. :P
    11-13-12 02:59 PM
    What does "smoother" really mean? Less lag time when opening apps?
    11-15-12 12:56 PM
    What does "smoother" really mean? Less lag time when opening apps?
    yes..you can say that. it includes the smooth in scrolling too..everything in liquid smooth.
    11-15-12 02:47 PM
    by the last time i've re-loaded this hybrid, i've replacing the files in Java folder with Aikido and then, i replace it with Alcohol (twice replacing job). i noticed that the battery life quite improved, 43% in 18 hours with 3G enabled - usually i only use the 2G/EDGE. is this the result of combining those 2 builds or just because i'm re-loading it?
    11-15-12 02:52 PM
    by the last time i've re-loaded this hybrid, i've replacing the files in Java folder with Aikido and then, i replace it with Alcohol (twice replacing job). i noticed that the battery life quite improved, 43% in 18 hours with 3G enabled - usually i only use the 2G/EDGE. is this the result of combining those 2 builds or just because i'm re-loading it?
    Alcohol should entirely wipe the Aikido files, so I believe the difference in battery life is due to 3G idling at a lowerr ADR. Personally never tested 3G vs 2G due to lack of a 2G network from my carrier, but Wu says that he uses 3G because of the lower idle ADR
    11-16-12 06:00 AM
    Alcohol should entirely wipe the Aikido files, so I believe the difference in battery life is due to 3G idling at a lowerr ADR. Personally never tested 3G vs 2G due to lack of a 2G network from my carrier, but Wu says that he uses 3G because of the lower idle ADR
    Correct, those two builds contain all the same files (but different versions). So if you copy Aikido into your Java folder, and then copy Alcohol over it, then all of the Aikido files will be replaced with Alcohol files.

I personally have noticed what bmercer94 described. Pretty sure I've posted about it somewhere else before, too. Essentially I've seen that 2G/EDGE connections cause a slightly lower discharge rate during calls, but 3G idles at a lower rate. I prefer 3G anymore anyway because I'm in a solid coverage area and I like having two channels so I can send/receive email, browse, etc while on a call. That, of course, is a big part of why 3G uses more battery during calls than 2G does.
    11-16-12 10:12 AM
    i see..now i understand. thank you for detailed explanation by both bmercer and wu.

the battery is fine for me, regarding left by 45% after 12 hours, with heavy tweeting and commenting photos on facebook. this should works fine for me. yes, Aikido give me some good battery life, but for now i'm enjoying this build - for now.

thank you again and please continue the good work!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using DiGi Malaysia
    11-16-12 11:17 AM
    Why I don't having the same % of discrarge as you wu? Getting 4.4% on 2G/EDGE, if I use it on 3G, probably I'll get 6 - 8% and maybe high temperature. I've already talk this with bmercer, but he doesnt have any idea about it. My phone is a 9780. Btw, I posted this: forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=754316&p=7733762#post7733762, its more explained there.
    11-17-12 08:29 PM
    i'm switching to just EDGE connection, and my battery last for 2 days now. with heavy tweeting.the battery last 'till now is shocking for me. 34% after 2 days. the connection is fast with EDGE. Not sure if this build enhanced the EDGE and 3G connection, or maybe my service provider is good.
    11-19-12 12:52 PM
    Good Day,
    I wanna ask.. which is the best hybrid for my 9780? Berilicio.us , Aikido? or may be Alcohol? What's the differences between Aikido and Alcohol.
    Please gimme best answer for this cause i want to promote the best hybrid to my friends.

Best Regards,

Nico
    11-20-12 10:38 AM
    Good Day,
    I wanna ask.. which is the best hybrid for my 9780? Berilicio.us , Aikido? or may be Alcohol? What's the differences between Aikido and Alcohol.
    Please gimme best answer for this cause i want to promote the best hybrid to my friends.

Best Regards,

Nico
    The only real answer is to try each one and see which performs best for you.

Different OS's will work better on one device of the same model than another, strange but true.

All depends on useage, carrier etc etc.

All 3 that you mention come from well resepected builders, give them all a weeks trial and then stick with the one that performs best for you.
    BoldAlways and bmercer94 like this.
    11-20-12 10:43 AM
    The only real answer is to try each one and see which performs best for you.

Different OS's will work better on one device of the same model than another, strange but true.

All depends on useage, carrier etc etc.

All 3 that you mention come from well resepected builders, give them all a weeks trial and then stick with the one that performs best for you.
    Excellent answer LE. Just because myself & wu lean towards Aikido doesn't mean it's the best for everyone.

BoldAlways and Legal Eagle like this.
    11-21-12 05:02 AM
    Anyone has an idea of which sfi works better between 723 & 747 for 9800?
    11-24-12 06:00 PM
    loading this on my 9800. l hope its stable
    11-27-12 09:26 AM
    Loaded on my Curve 9300 3G.. everything works fine except my GPS..
    My GPS is turned on and everything.. when i 'refresh location' .. It says location update failed..
    Also, i can't use Foursquare as it uses GPS to find places
    Please, i'm a frequent Foursquare app user.. Someone please work around a fix for this?
    Or should i go back to the base OS ?
    12-05-12 03:52 AM
174 ... 567