I used BB9780 but i don't purchase a bis or bes for my bold; with akimbo hybird maybe 2 days and 3rd error begin

So how about 3rd error in this alcohol hybird? is this totally fixed?

thanks!
    11-06-12 01:53 AM
    For unknown number in TinyMeter/MeterBerry, open Phone application, go to Options, Call Logs and Lists, scroll down and uncheck Show "My Number".
    Tried it, mine still shows up *shrug*
    11-06-12 04:43 AM
    First hybrid I've ever installed on my 9800. Extremely pleased with results.

Got 2 full days of regular use without recharging. Installed tinymeter on around midday on Sunday with the battery at 90%, it finally just kicked out today. (It's midday in Newfoundland.) Kept its cell signal all the way down to 1%.

Minimum discharge rate during that time is 0.1%, Maximum of 26.2% and an average of 4.4%.

When the battery fully discharged, next up is the ol' battery pull, log reset and 2 more days of regular use to see if there is a difference.

Thanks for this wu-wei.
    wu-wei, bmercer94 and bintaro_gw like this.
    11-06-12 09:48 AM

Got 2 full days of regular use without recharging. Installed tinymeter on around midday on Sunday with the battery at 90%, it finally just kicked out today. (It's midday in Newfoundland.) Kept its cell signal all the way down to 1%.

Minimum discharge rate during that time is 0.1%, Maximum of 26.2% and an average of 4.4%.

When the battery fully discharged, next up is the ol' battery pull, log reset and 2 more days of regular use to see if there is a difference.

Thanks for this wu-wei.
    Nice to see another Newfie Glad you're having excellent results, sorry you're with Bell though, hope they don't give you too much trouble.

What's the coverage like on your part of the island?

I used BB9780 but i don't purchase a bis or bes for my bold; with akimbo hybird maybe 2 days and 3rd error begin

So how about 3rd error in this alcohol hybird? is this totally fixed?

thanks!
    What is "3rd error"? As i'm not sure what you mean.

Personal reports were min: 0.1%, max 24%, avg. 4.4%, -5mb after 27h uptime
    11-06-12 09:51 AM
    For unknown number in TinyMeter/MeterBerry, open Phone application, go to Options, Call Logs and Lists, scroll down and uncheck Show "My Number".
    Tried it, mine still shows up *shrug*
    Hmm....mine does too.
    11-06-12 10:02 AM
    Hmm....mine does too.
    Options>Device>Advanced System Settings>SIM Card>BB Menu>Edit SIM Phone Number> clear the field with your number. results in "unknown number" with no functionality loss.
    11-06-12 10:20 AM
    Options>Device>Advanced System Settings>SIM Card>BB Menu>Edit SIM Phone Number> clear the field with your number. results in "unknown number" with no functionality loss.
    this solved my issue with the "unknown number."
    11-06-12 10:41 AM
    this solved my issue with the "unknown number."
    and to get your number back in(for any reason) just go into the same screen and retype it. you may have to re-send your service books through Host Routing Table though, not sure why.

Sent from my B@stard BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    pompidoi likes this.
    11-06-12 11:06 AM
    Nice to see another Newfie Glad you're having excellent results, sorry you're with Bell though, hope they don't give you too much trouble.

What's the coverage like on your part of the island?
    I haven't had a problem with it.
    11-06-12 11:18 AM
    and to get your number back in(for any reason) just go into the same screen and retype it. you may have to re-send your service books through Host Routing Table though, not sure why.

Will do. Tried another hybrid but reverted to Alcohol, the stability settles in faster and the battery life is reliable. Memory drain is super minimal. Went for a whole day with just -0.5MB?! Cool beans.
    11-06-12 11:44 AM
    Will do. Tried another hybrid but reverted to Alcohol, the stability settles in faster and the battery life is reliable. Memory drain is super minimal. Went for a whole day with just -0.5MB?! Cool beans.
    Throughout our testing, we've noticed either no "settle" period, or if one was present it only lasted a few hours.

I haven't had a problem with it.
    I guess that makes you one of the lucky ones. I had to swap before Bell tried to take our house with overage charges for SMS messaging on my $25 unlimited SMS plan.
    11-06-12 12:07 PM

Thanks for this wu-wei.
    Which base do you use with alcohol?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    11-07-12 03:19 AM
    Which base do you use with alcohol?
    Depends on my mood. Sometimes I'll mix with coke, sometimes I'm down for a little orange juice.

(747, as recommended.)
    11-07-12 04:58 AM
    Depends on my mood. Sometimes I'll mix with coke, sometimes I'm down for a little orange juice.

(747, as recommended.)
    LMFAO!!!

Sent from my B@stard BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    11-07-12 07:29 AM
    Pls i've been wanting to ask. Is it wrong to have Ubersocial and Twitter for Blackberry installed at the same time? Does it have so much effect on the boot time & all ? I need some explanations on this one because i tweet heavily.
    11-07-12 05:07 PM
    Pls i've been wanting to ask. Is it wrong to have Ubersocial and Twitter for Blackberry installed at the same time? Does it have so much effect on the boot time & all ? I need some explanations on this one because i tweet heavily.
    Sojay, if you're using ubersocial, make sure to push left shift then X to close it, because you have both installed, the default app will notify you of DM & @reply.

11-08-12 08:28 AM
    BMercer,

I notice that both you and Wu Wei are using the Aikido Hybrid..do you both find that the most optimal release at this time?

Just curious. I am still on Akimbo...the battery is awesome...however memory leak does not stay contained and I have to do a bat pull ever several days.

Cheers!
    11-08-12 09:56 AM
    BMercer,

I notice that both you and Wu Wei are using the Aikido Hybrid..do you both find that the most optimal release at this time?

Just curious. I am still on Akimbo...the battery is awesome...however memory leak does not stay contained and I have to do a bat pull ever several days.

Cheers!
    Both myself and Wu-Wei have found aikido to be the best, Alcohol is closer to the performance of Aikido than Akimbo, but Aikido still beats Alcohol. Currently i'm testing "BL Returns" and haven't changed my profile as i'm only going to be using it for two days.
    11-08-12 11:51 AM
    Both myself and Wu-Wei have found aikido to be the best
    It had the best memory management i ever encounted on a 9700.

Appreciate!

Cheers!
    bmercer94 likes this.
    11-08-12 01:15 PM
    Agreed, Aikido gives me the best memory management ever. Battery performance has always been stable for me on all my builds, so I've been paying closer attention to memory lately.
    11-08-12 04:42 PM
    About 5days after a fresh Alcohol reload and my high ADR readings are back. This started happening after I switched to akimbo from aikido. I started having these ridiculously high adr's. Have tried various power cods and haven't got any change. I'm forced to think its my battery but I have two & they both can't be bad at same time. I use the 9800 which I'm aware has a poor batt. management. But it hasn't been this bad...help pls

Sent from my B@stard BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails B@stard - Alcohol (20121024)-capturenux-2012-11-09-02.13.57.jpg   B@stard - Alcohol (20121024)-capturenux-2012-11-08-23.10.04.jpg  
    11-08-12 07:20 PM
    If Akimbo gives/gave you the best battery life, then i would recommend switching back to it. Nothing is stopping you
    11-08-12 07:23 PM
    If Akimbo gives/gave you the best battery life, then i would recommend switching back to it. Nothing is stopping you
    I've tried going back to it and its not the same again.
    11-08-12 08:59 PM
    Also agree with Mr. Wu Wei and bmercer94. Akido's memory management is the best, secondly is Alcohol, then Akimbo. But Browser and Media, I give it to Alcohol and Akimbo, both are almost the same.
    Then I think that Alcohol is the best combination if you want Browser & Media with acceptable memory management.
    Battery managements are almost the same.
    11-09-12 09:26 AM
    B@stard - Alcohol (20121024)-screenshot1352485330710.jpg

i'm re-loading Alcohol. this is 48 hours after re-loading. at 74% in 5 hours after discharge from charger.
    11-09-12 12:40 PM
174 ... 4567