Omg, wu, thanks. I got a few question, do I need to put the power codes? Or it will work till 1%? Btw, do u use ur bb on 3G? Or EGDE? How many pulls do u recommend? Every 6 hours for 2 days?
    10-30-12 01:09 PM
    My tinymeter again, shows the unusual reading. Well, for me is unusual. [min -0.3% average -3.8% and max is -21%] the unusual part is at the maximum reading. Is this normal guys??
    10-30-12 02:52 PM
    My tinymeter again, shows the unusual reading. Well, for me is unusual. [min -0.3% average -3.8% and max is -21%] the unusual part is at the maximum reading. Is this normal guys??
    it can happen immediately after a battery pull if you drop a few percent. if you happen to do this right as it refreshes it can make your adr peak
    10-30-12 03:31 PM
    Omg, wu, thanks. I got a few question, do I need to put the power codes? Or it will work till 1%? Btw, do u use ur bb on 3G? Or EGDE? How many pulls do u recommend? Every 6 hours for 2 days?
    as far as I know he uses 3G because the idling ADR is lower. it works to 8, and no more than you would normally do on the battery pulls
    10-30-12 03:35 PM

It seems like folks on the 9800 are having varied results with and without the "power cod" files. My best advice is to check this thread and people's reviews and see whether it makes sense to try them out.

I'm on 3G almost always, unless I'm on the road and end up in an EDGE-only area.

I don't adhere to any set battery pull schedule. My experience has almost always been one of very rapid "settling" of my builds. I basically do a few battery pulls right after install (required by a couple of my apps to restore their settings properly) and then a few more if I happen to remember to do them. On my last install, I did three battery pulls after install, one the next morning, and then had about 2 days uptime before I started tinkering with new versions of an app which required a reboot.
    Last edited by wu-wei; 10-30-12 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Fixing font
    10-30-12 05:54 PM
    I've seen some outrageous maximum ADRs - some as high as 200+%. That's just a high-water-mark and is not a consistent maximum discharge. As noted, that can happen for any number of reasons. Same is true for minimum ADRs.
    Last edited by wu-wei; 10-30-12 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Fixing font
    10-30-12 05:56 PM
    Deathberry, my average is 8 ish %, beeing the max like 40% or more and min 0,1%, so your readings seem pretty good ^^

What is an ADR?

And for the other user who asked for the Torch's experience:

My battery life is noticibly improved - I've been hearing music, checking Crackberry, Facebook, Browsing and on 3G and with the GPS on and the phone's battery needs about 12h to get to 30%! Even with the averages i wrote before!

I can also say that the phone is smoother, but not as smooth as i wished for!

Is there anw for me to get more available memory that 230ish?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    wu-wei likes this.
    10-30-12 06:13 PM
    Deathberry, my average is 8 ish %, beeing the max like 40% or more and min 0,1%, so your readings seem pretty good ^^

What is an ADR?

My battery life is noticibly improved - I've been hearing music, checking Crackberry, Facebook, Browsing and on 3G and with the GPS on and the phone's battery needs about 12h to get to 30%! Even with the averages i wrote before!

Well, more space has to do with how well you shrunk your Os. I use 9800 & i got 293mb free after installing my apps. You also need to know the right apps to use. Thats pretty much it.
    10-30-12 06:33 PM
    I've seen some outrageous maximum ADRs - some as high as 200+%. That's just a high-water-mark and is not a consistent maximum discharge. As noted, that can happen for any number of reasons. Same is true for minimum ADRs.
    Mine is in that range..after some hours, it came down to 16.5%. I dunno how much more time i need to give it to settle and operate well. I had to reload with the stock power cods though. I hope it gets better as time goes. #ADR
    wu-wei likes this.
    10-30-12 06:36 PM
    Hello Datuk, pls how's Alcohol on your 9800. i also use a 9800 & i wanna compare with what others got going on...Kindly review
    So far alcohol working as I expected from any b@stard build. Its smooth and fast but ADR its a bit higher. I'm using it now with 747 base and power cods from 668. I'm trying to get best ADR. As 9800 user will get higher ADR than any other device.

wu-wei likes this.
    10-30-12 10:09 PM

What is an ADR?

ADR is short for Average Discharge Rate. i think you doing this right because you've said that you did a multiple tasks with you Torch, and down to 30%in 12 hours. very decent. and to get memory free of 230mb? i don't know dude....usually the Shrinking do the job.
    10-31-12 12:31 AM
    so, the conclusion is, the reading of tiny meter is not accurate..? or maybe the battery pull 'cause it to misread? anyway, thank you for you response.
    10-31-12 03:23 AM
    So far alcohol working as I expected from any b@stard build. Its smooth and fast but ADR its a bit higher. I'm using it now with 747 base and power cods from 668. I'm trying to get best ADR. As 9800 user will get higher ADR than any other device.

Thank you Datuk, I had to use power cods from 747. After it settled, I got like 3.6% ADR from meterberry. I've been heavy on it for a few hours and it doesn't get past 4% which is impressive. I think I got what I wanted now. *grin* thanks to Wu.

Sent from my B@stard BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    wu-wei likes this.
    10-31-12 03:56 AM
    Problem:

I don't know if this is hybrid related, because my data plan is almost maxed out, but this only started to happen after i installed this.

I've been having some issue connecting to Facebook and Crackberry which only started yesterday, day 2 of this hybrid trial.

Now i have to wait ages to connect/refresh FB or CB... But, if i turn off and on again the mobile signal, it becomes a lot faster and it opens what has been lagging to open...

Any thoughts?

10-31-12 10:02 AM
    Problem:

I don't know if this is hybrid related, because my data plan is almost maxed out, but this only started to happen after i installed this.

I've been having some issue connecting to Facebook and Crackberry which only started yesterday, day 2 of this hybrid trial.

Now i have to wait ages to connect/refresh FB or CB... But, if i turn off and on again the mobile signal, it becomes a lot faster and it opens what has been lagging to open...

Any thoughts?

personally not experiencing the issue, so I assume its due to your data. but fb has been slow to load on my playbook today
    10-31-12 10:53 AM
    I'm getting a litle upset with this...

10-31-12 11:57 AM
    I don't think going over your data allowance has to do with the hybrid, well, I'm at 102.1mb for the month and never quite get over my 500mb allowance. Normally I'm around 50-80ish mbs
    10-31-12 12:06 PM
    If i use it on EDGE, i got a 4.1% discharge per hour. But if I use it on 3G, I got a 8.1%. Why wu it's having a low % of discharge? I'm using a 9780.
    10-31-12 12:08 PM
    If i use it on EDGE, i got a 4.1% discharge per hour. But if I use it on 3G, I got a 8.1%. Why wu it's having a low % of discharge? I'm using a 9780.
    That's perfectly normal, I'm on 9780 and I'm getting approx 5-6% ADR, highs of 22% and lows of 0.1%. It all depends on your usage, how often you use the browser, update frequency for your social apps, whether you keep your bt, wifi, 3G on all the time, which I do, etc.

Most important is your airtime (voicecalls) I believe they drain the batt quite a bit too (especially using a bt headset).

Well that's just my 2 cents.
    10-31-12 12:15 PM
    That's perfectly normal, I'm on 9780 and I'm getting approx 5-6% ADR, highs of 22% and lows of 0.1%. It all depends on your usage, how often you use the browser, update frequency for your social apps, whether you keep your bt, wifi, 3G on all the time, which I do, etc.

Most important is your airtime (voicecalls) I believe they drain the batt quite a bit too (especially using a bt headset).

Well that's just my 2 cents.
    Do u use it on 2G/3G? Or just 3G?
    10-31-12 12:28 PM
    2G/3G, it's on 3G most of the time
    10-31-12 12:38 PM
    Right now i can say i'm pissed off...

So, was my case the opposite? Great battery life, signal lock, some extra-speed in the first 2 days and after that, everytime i want to use some network related phone func i have to turn off and on the Network signal? It phone began to freeze time to time... All of that in 3 days ^^

Did this happened to someone??

Any solutions mr hybrid creators?

10-31-12 12:49 PM
    After clearing the cache/history/cookies it work too.

So, lets see:

I can access the apps, but they can't load the info.

Fixes:

- Turning off and on the signal

- Clearing Cache

- Battery Pull

- Turn off and on the phone.

So, why is my signal beeing blocked?

10-31-12 12:53 PM
    After clearing the cache/history/cookies it work too.

So, lets see:

I can access the apps, but they can't load the info.

Fixes:

- Turning off and on the signal

- Clearing Cache

- Battery Pull

- Turn off and on the phone.

So, why is my signal beeing blocked?

Well, try reinstalling with loader and select option possibly downgrade or something, see if reinstalling works? Remember to turn off all radios before using loader. Good luck
    10-31-12 03:07 PM
    Lol ,

Now it'd rejecting my SIM card, after acepting my pass and allowing me to receive some texts...

Hope this is just transitory...

10-31-12 04:48 PM
174 ... 23456 ...