So the answer then is NO, haha...
    I've never tried it, but chances are changing that many important system files via injection would have a lot of bad side effects, seeing as I got AppError 200 for injecting  maps.
    10-26-12 06:13 PM
    What about the wireless connections turning off now at 9%. I liked how it was down to 1% in Yvon
    leontam likes this.
    10-28-12 06:05 PM
    What about the wireless connections turning off now at 9%. I liked how it was down to 1% in Yvon
    Maybe we should revisit Yvon some time
    10-31-12 12:28 PM
    No, I know that. I am just wondering what COD that was changed so I can investigate reinjecting.
    10-31-12 12:30 PM
    Maybe we should revisit Yvon some time
    No, I know that. I am just wondering what COD that was changed so I can investigate reinjecting.
    I'll check some build compares between Yvon and Aikido to see whether I can figure it out.
    leontam likes this.
    11-01-12 01:07 AM
    B@stard Hybrid: Aikido (20120820)

Created by wu-wei

Those of you who regularly use my builds know the drill, but this one incorporates new files from the recently-leaked 7.1.0.649 OS.

I have also modified several files based on feedback from my testers.

This build has been through fairly extensive testing, and performs very well in terms of battery life and memory management. The fine-tuning has really produced a solid build this time around.

My hybrids go through testing on several devices, and I am confident that my builds work well on all OS6 devices.

Recommended base OS versions:

9300: 6.0.0.723
    9650: 6.0.0.707 (or 6.0.0.719)
    9700: 6.0.0.723
    9780: 6.0.0.723
    9800: 6.0.0.723

While these base OSes are recommended, Aikido will work over any 6.0.0.6xx or .7xx OS. If you have found another OS in those series that works best for you, certainly feel free to use that one instead.

Please note that some users have reported a "break-in" period with any hybrid. That is, the first day or so has poor battery life, but then things stabilize and we start sipping at the battery again. Battery life is critically important to me, so I am always mindful of those issues (and reluctant to leave my beloved 9700 for some shiny new OS7 device). I have not experienced this phenomenon myself, but I did want to mention that it is possible.

To install this hybrid, extract the contents of this zip file into the Java folder of the base OS you choose to use. On my system, these files were extracted into C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9700M_v6.0.0.723_P6.6.0.248\Java.

When you extract the cod files into the folder listed above, you should be prompted to confirm that you want to replace existing files. If you are not prompted, then you are probably trying to extract to the wrong directory and the hybrid files will not be installed on your device.

If you do not know exactly what you're doing, then you should choose one of the following options:

1. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO INSTALL THIS HYBRID.
    2. Read my guide on the CrackBerry forums, available here: Hybrid OS Installation Guide
    3. Read any How To posts by elite1 in practically any hybrid or leaked OS thread on CrackBerry.com
    4. Search the CrackBerry forums and read as much as you can find about how the BlackBerry OS loader process works.

This package does NOT include any third party applications at all. I build hybrid OSes. I do not promote any apps or force users to choose whether they want to install apps they may not want. If you are looking for a particular third party app, I probably have an opinion about it and may be able to tell you where to find it (I'm talking free or paid versions, NOT WAREZ).

Many thanks to my tireless and intrepid team:
    • ench18
    • bintaro_gw
    • bmercer94
    • kev23m
    • leontam
    • lordnorms
    • Soulja Boy
    • walestrings

Download Aikido

Why is your hybrid data is very small? Or it's only java?
    11-02-12 09:57 PM
    It just the altered java. U have to copy over base. It's not the entire setup folder.
    wu-wei likes this.
    11-03-12 12:02 AM
    Why is your hybrid data is very small? Or it's only java?
    Because I don't need to re-package the entire java folder. We've all got the base files. Downloading them all again is just dumb (IMO).
    leontam likes this.
    11-04-12 02:12 AM
    Just posting a few results since my last reload, gotta love Aikido. Going to be hard to beat it

wu-wei likes this.
    11-12-12 12:53 PM
    Just posting a few results since my last reload, gotta love Aikido. Going to be hard to beat it
    I think I am going to reload Aikido for my 9700. Please clear up the power COD issues for me if you would. Should i overwrite the COD in the java folder with the 9700 power CODs attached to your signature, bmercer94 ? What exactly do those power CODs achieve...the ability to go down to 1% on the battery, correct? What is the downside, if any, of using the power CODs?

Thanks in advance...cheers!
    11-14-12 09:17 PM
    I think I am going to reload Aikido for my 9700. Please clear up the power COD issues for me if you would. Should i overwrite the COD in the java folder with the 9700 power CODs attached to your signature, bmercer94 ? What exactly do those power CODs achieve...the ability to go down to 1% on the battery, correct? What is the downside, if any, of using the power CODs?

Thanks in advance...cheers!
    They were used for "Akimbo" and may increase function in "Aikido: but are not required. Personally i don't use them

Their function was to prevent early shutdowns due to incorrect battery readings, the longer radio was a side effect
    wu-wei and BullMarket like this.
    11-15-12 05:25 AM
    Thanks for the response. I reloaded Aikido and it is quite excellent. Will be using this I believe for the months ahead. I did reload with the power CODs...and my 9700 did shut down at about 9 or 8%.

Cheers!
    wu-wei likes this.
    11-19-12 08:04 PM
    after trying all of the popular hybrids... i'm sticking to Aikido since i'm after the battery life. good work wu-wei and your testers! ADR is 1.2% with regular SMS and wifi on for 6-8 hours.
    Attached Thumbnails B@stard - Aikido (20120820)-s12_11_21__21_05_22.jpg  
    wu-wei and gibrael like this.
    11-21-12 11:03 AM
    Not sure if this is a 9700 problem or an Aikido problem, but does anyone notice that with WiFi, the unit doesn't switch to the highest powered access point. At work, we have three APs spread over the office, one central one and two in remote corners where the signal is weak/drops out. Of course I work in one of those corners. So when I walk into the office, my phone will associate with the main AP, but once I get into my work area, that signal which is in the -90dBi range/1 bar will stay connected and won't switch over to the other AP which is -60dBi/5 bars. Of course, any time I go into the main area, I will stay connected on my AP and not associate with the stronger one.

Both APs have the same wireless name, security password and encryption, etc.
    11-26-12 07:55 AM
    Not sure if this is a 9700 problem or an Aikido problem, but does anyone notice that with WiFi, the unit doesn't switch to the highest powered access point. At work, we have three APs spread over the office, one central one and two in remote corners where the signal is weak/drops out. Of course I work in one of those corners. So when I walk into the office, my phone will associate with the main AP, but once I get into my work area, that signal which is in the -90dBi range/1 bar will stay connected and won't switch over to the other AP which is -60dBi/5 bars. Of course, any time I go into the main area, I will stay connected on my AP and not associate with the stronger one.

Both APs have the same wireless name, security password and encryption, etc.
    Try to go into your Set up Wi-Fi Network > Saved Wi-Fi Networks > Select the one you want to connect first and move up on the list
    11-26-12 04:43 PM
    Its not a question of the one I want to connect first. The SSID (aka the name of the Wireless Network) is the same for all Access Points. In OS X 10.8.2 for example, if it detects a same name AP with a better signal-to-noise ratio it will kick over. None of my past BB had WiFi and I honestly never used it on my 9700 until recently when I changed providers and went from unlimited BB data to 500MB (tough bullet to bite, but for the $45 a month I am now saving, its worth it). So I am now catching this problem.
    11-26-12 05:39 PM
    I need some help please ,
    I tried Aikido without the power cods thing and my bold shut down at 31% or something so i reinstalled Aikido with power cods this time but i still have
    the same problem
    What can I do to fix that?
    11-27-12 02:48 AM
    I need some help please ,
    I tried Aikido without the power cods thing and my bold shut down at 31% or something so i reinstalled Aikido with power cods this time but i still have
    the same problem
    What can I do to fix that?
    I believe this has almost everything to do with your SFI. what base did you load aikido with?
    11-27-12 03:04 PM
    I always use .723 as recommended by Wu
    Sorry for the late reply
    Last edited by A.Salah; 11-30-12 at 04:08 AM.
    11-30-12 03:55 AM
    The most stable hybrid ever used for my 9300.
    wu-wei likes this.
    12-04-12 09:36 PM
    Looking at dropping my Alcohol back to Aikido. Seems to still be getting the best reviews out of the recent crop of B@stard hybrids.

Anyone tried using 747 on the 9800 as a base instead of 723?
    01-09-13 08:09 PM
    Looking at dropping my Alcohol back to Aikido. Seems to still be getting the best reviews out of the recent crop of B@stard hybrids.

Anyone tried using 747 on the 9800 as a base instead of 723?
    im using .747 as Base os im using Aorist right now but im planning to go back to Aikido i personally love this build
    Last edited by jedi214; 01-09-13 at 11:19 PM.
    01-09-13 10:27 PM
    My bad, i meant 747 specifically with Aikido.

I'm using 747 with Alcohol on my 9800 right now, but see no mention of anyone using it with Aikido.

Just got a brand new battery from Crackberry's shop, I'm going to be a guinea pig I guess.
    01-09-13 11:39 PM
    Seems pretty zippy so far.

Boot time was much faster than I'm used to and app world seemed less laggy, especially while trying to install multiple apps. Even scrolling through screenshots in app world seemed smoother.
    wu-wei likes this.
    01-10-13 03:26 AM
    Should be able to type in 'device versions' in global search and find your answer there under the options menu.
    01-10-13 12:15 PM
261 ... 891011
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD