Can be used For my pearl 3g 9105? Thanks
    A few builds back I remember someone with a 9100 loading a B@stard build with great results, so I'd give it a green light. Just make sure to back up your stuff.
    09-04-12 04:54 PM
    We'll be waiting for that build though
    09-06-12 06:20 PM
    I wouldn't hold my breath. Aikido is providing me with the absolute best memory management I have EVER experienced on OS6. And battery life meets my (very rigorous) standards too.

I'll likely release further builds, for sure. But personally, it's going to take something REALLY spectacular to get me to switch from Aikido.
    kyohiros likes this.
    09-06-12 11:44 PM
    Perhaps I may need to do another wipe in order to achieve the same kind results as wu-wei.
    09-07-12 02:34 AM
    Like seriously, I have tried all the hybrids for Curve 9300 on this Forum..
    And I can Definitely Say B@stard - Aikido Is the BEST one in Performance and Battery Life

Battery Life is crucial for ME.. and I can go 24hours on 1 charge with continuous BBM and FB and little Music

Thanksss Wu
    wu-wei and radi33idar like this.
    09-07-12 04:24 AM
    Whoa! 24 hours on one charge? When I reboot i'm only left with 20MB or so free memory
    09-07-12 07:10 AM
    Hi, this is my first hybrid os, I just finished the installation, so far everything ok, tested in blackberry 9800
    09-07-12 08:59 AM
    Hey Wu-wei, great release as usual. Just installed Akido a day or two ago. It's running great so far but the one problem I'm having is that the play/pause button and volume control buttons no longer work outside of the media player. This wasn't a problem with Aethereal but it was a problem with the release before that (don't remember the name). Do you know which files control this so that I can just switch them out and do a reinstall?

Edit: Sorry, just double checked and I had this issue while using Aethereal but NOT when using Afterburner
    Last edited by KasukeSadiki; 09-08-12 at 02:14 AM.
    wu-wei likes this.
    09-08-12 02:12 AM
    Hey everyone. I just wanted to know if the picture Lag issues still occur in this build with the 9800 device. Anyone tested yet? Thanx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    09-08-12 09:20 AM
    Its been a long while, 3 or 4mths since I upgraded my hybrid OS.

HAHA. kinda forgot how to install hybrid OS, as usual, i referred to ur Hybrid OS installation guide and remembered the steps again.

Installing the OS now! excited. haha!
    wu-wei likes this.
    09-09-12 06:39 AM
    Finally got rid of the laziness to install this hybrid.
    09-09-12 09:18 AM
    B@stard Hybrid: Aikido (20120820)

Created by wu-wei

Those of you who regularly use my builds know the drill, but this one incorporates new files from the recently-leaked 7.1.0.649 OS.

I have also modified several files based on feedback from my testers.

This build has been through fairly extensive testing, and performs very well in terms of battery life and memory management. The fine-tuning has really produced a solid build this time around.

My hybrids go through testing on several devices, and I am confident that my builds work well on all OS6 devices.

Recommended base OS versions:

9300: 6.0.0.723
    9650: 6.0.0.707 (or 6.0.0.719)
    9700: 6.0.0.723
    9780: 6.0.0.723
    9800: 6.0.0.723

While these base OSes are recommended, Aikido will work over any 6.0.0.6xx or .7xx OS. If you have found another OS in those series that works best for you, certainly feel free to use that one instead.

Please note that some users have reported a "break-in" period with any hybrid. That is, the first day or so has poor battery life, but then things stabilize and we start sipping at the battery again. Battery life is critically important to me, so I am always mindful of those issues (and reluctant to leave my beloved 9700 for some shiny new OS7 device). I have not experienced this phenomenon myself, but I did want to mention that it is possible.

To install this hybrid, extract the contents of this zip file into the Java folder of the base OS you choose to use. On my system, these files were extracted into C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9700M_v6.0.0.723_P6.6.0.248\Java.

When you extract the cod files into the folder listed above, you should be prompted to confirm that you want to replace existing files. If you are not prompted, then you are probably trying to extract to the wrong directory and the hybrid files will not be installed on your device.

If you do not know exactly what you're doing, then you should choose one of the following options:

1. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO INSTALL THIS HYBRID.
    2. Read my guide on the CrackBerry forums, available here: Hybrid OS Installation Guide
    3. Read any How To posts by elite1 in practically any hybrid or leaked OS thread on CrackBerry.com
    4. Search the CrackBerry forums and read as much as you can find about how the BlackBerry OS loader process works.

This package does NOT include any third party applications at all. I build hybrid OSes. I do not promote any apps or force users to choose whether they want to install apps they may not want. If you are looking for a particular third party app, I probably have an opinion about it and may be able to tell you where to find it (I'm talking free or paid versions, NOT WAREZ).

Many thanks to my tireless and intrepid team:
    • ench18
    • bintaro_gw
    • bmercer94
    • kev23m
    • leontam
    • lordnorms
    • Soulja Boy
    • walestrings

Download Aikido
    Please I just found out that I can't compose PIN messages. Is there cod file I'll have to inject? Or is there anyway to solve it
    09-09-12 02:21 PM
    My media problem was fixed by a battery pull so no worries there
    wu-wei likes this.
    09-09-12 09:40 PM
    Please I just found out that I can't compose PIN messages. Is there cod file I'll have to inject? Or is there anyway to solve it
    I am able to compose PIN messages using 723 as base - perhaps a battery pull?

That was one of the things I worked on fixing in this build, by the way.
    09-09-12 10:17 PM
    Its been a long while, 3 or 4mths since I upgraded my hybrid OS.

HAHA. kinda forgot how to install hybrid OS, as usual, i referred to ur Hybrid OS installation guide and remembered the steps again.

Installing the OS now! excited. haha!
    LOL where have you been dude. Kinda miss you here
    wu-wei and tang63 like this.
    09-10-12 06:32 AM
    On a 9800, loving Aikido with 723 base, best memory and battery life to date. However I also am unable to compose PIN messages, the ability disappeared long before I started loading hybrids so it really isn't an issue but it wasn't fixed with Aikido.
    wu-wei likes this.
    09-10-12 03:09 PM
    Small price to pay (unable to send PIN) for greater things
    09-10-12 08:41 PM
    Hmmm I can compose pin messages too using 723 with aikido.
    09-10-12 09:20 PM
    I installed Aikido but then I actually found that I couldn't compose a pin msg , a battery pull didn't help either , I wiped my device , shrunk the OS and reinstalled Aikido , and then I was able to compose a pin msg but that was weird though
    09-10-12 10:37 PM
    cant i use this hybrid for Pearl 9105...or make this hybrid support for my Pearl 9105.
    09-11-12 01:34 AM
    cant i use this hybrid for Pearl 9105...or make this hybrid support for my Pearl 9105.
    Should work just fine, as posted previously....
    09-11-12 01:54 AM
    Small price to pay (unable to send PIN) for greater things

I've found that pin messages is an on and off event. I don't have specific explanation for that but it will appear sooner. It come and goes just like that. I know that leigh has a consistent appearance of pin messages. Maybe he has the cure.
    09-11-12 05:31 AM
    I've found that pin messages is an on and off event. I don't have specific explanation for that but it will appear sooner. It come and goes just like that. I know that leigh has a consistent appearance of pin messages. Maybe he has the cure.
    I admit that in previous installs I have not had consistent appearance of the PIN option on the compose message popup. For some reason, though, it is persisting as an option with my current install.

I will also admit that I practically never use PIN messaging anyway. I don't say that to minimize the problem - I know plenty of folks rely on it heavily. I only mention that to point out that I do not check for the option every time I use the compose message popup.
    09-11-12 10:04 AM
    In my case, I don't use PIN often. But yeah as Wu-Wei mentioned i guess some people rely on it heavily...
    09-11-12 11:14 AM

I will also admit that I practically never use PIN messaging anyway. I don't say that to minimize the problem - I know plenty of folks rely on it heavily. I only mention that to point out that I do not check for the option every time I use the compose message popup.
    That's my feeling as well, anyone that I would want to PIN I can BBM just as easily.
    09-11-12 01:01 PM
261 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD