Also, is anyone else having the universal search issue? Apps and main menu items don't work (nothing happens when I click on them) but the contacts work fine. Really annoying...

I hate to disappoint you mate but no problem here with universal search issue. Any apps or contact open just fine with one click.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    wu-wei likes this.
    08-27-12 01:40 AM
    Tapatalk iz making sense for use on crackberry forums...I have been using aikido for 2 days now...battery life is good with 3G, ran some applictions social networking and all...and I still hav 80% battery after 3hours..thanks wu

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    08-27-12 06:20 AM
    hi. can someone help me with is problem:
    1. As per attachment
    2.when charging my battery drop from 100% to 97%.
    3. Aikido -batt after charging(usage) from 100% to 46% suddenly 0% in 6-12hours it is normal? Ahead from 100% to 0% in 12 hours it is normal?
    4. I personally to use your build and good improvement every version.

thanks.
    08-28-12 02:03 AM
    B@stard Aikido on 9300 3G - Kepler with .723 base OS initial impressions.

Total hours after OS install: 56 hours (looks like initial settling period is done)
    Mobile network: set at 2G & 3G
    Bluetooh usage: appox. 3 hours/day

Boot time: 90 seconds (BB travel, latest BBM, AppWorld & WhatsAp installed)
    ADR (idle for 5 hrs while I'm asleep): - 0.9%
    ADR light to normal usage today: - 2.9% (battery charge remaining after 23 hrs = 27%)
    Memory leak since last restart (24 hrs): -3.8 MB
    Battery temp: 33 degrees Centigrade

No issues with:
    Switching from GSM-EDGE-3G vice-versa
    Camera pix lag (preview or browsing images in SD card)
    Search ok
    Browsing (so far so good)

One for keeps! (for Kepler)
    Last edited by radi33idar; 08-28-12 at 11:58 AM.
    wu-wei likes this.
    08-28-12 11:18 AM
    hi. can someone help me with is problem:
    1. As per attachment
    2.when charging my battery drop from 100% to 97%.
    3. Aikido -batt after charging(usage) from 100% to 46% suddenly 0% in 6-12hours it is normal? Ahead from 100% to 0% in 12 hours it is normal?
    4. I personally to use your build and good improvement every version.
    thanks.
    What device do you own?
    For Kepler, average battery discharge rate using Ahead was -4.4%/hour while Aikido is giving me now -2.9% per hour with mobile network set to 2G & 3G. (please check my post above)
    08-28-12 11:32 AM
    One more dumb question plz....does os shrinking reduce booting time? @anyone
    Yes of course! The more .cod files you include in the OS install, the more time it takes to boot. Try to shrink all languages, DocToGo, BB Messenger, Social Apps, & all vendor related pushed apps, install & boot.

What I don't understand with most here is the too much concern / worry with BB boot time when the only times we do reboot is after installation which is more or less 6 - 8 times in the first 2 -3 days. When I was using Windows Mobile device, we do reboot at least once a week since WinMo memory leak is too much, difficult to recover & apps causing freeze/hang.

With Blackberry, I seldom encounter a situation wherein reboot is necessary! I use BatteryEx to recover memory (manually when I need to) also if I'm not mistaken MeterBerry can do it automatically.
    Last edited by radi33idar; 08-28-12 at 11:57 AM.
    08-28-12 11:50 AM
    how come you guys get the average discharge rate -2.9%?????? and how come the boot time is 90 seconds??
    08-28-12 12:53 PM
    how come you guys get the average discharge rate -2.9%?????? and how come the boot time is 90 seconds??
    Probably because Aikido plays well with Kepler & not with your 9700?!

It's going to be 3rd day for my Kepler to fully settle after install and so far I'm getting good (the best so far) ADR with Mobile Network at 3G 95% of the time with a couple of times dropping to EDGE/2G. I'll try the full "3G" setting after a couple of days to check if the ADR is a fluke & will report back.

Today after 5 hours idle time, a 1 hour drive with bluetooth on, & some 10 minutes reading of 15 emails, I'm getting - 1.9%/hr ADR that is with 3G on!!!

Wu Wei must have done something magical with this build & he has similar 9700 like you and reporting good results as well! Are you sure you installed Aikido (I mean probably loader installed the previous hybrid OS from your PC/Notebook)?
    08-28-12 08:01 PM
    Yes of course! The more .cod files you include in the OS install, the more time it takes to boot. Try to shrink all languages, DocToGo, BB Messenger, Social Apps, & all vendor related pushed apps, install & boot.

What I don't understand with most here is the too much concern / worry with BB boot time when the only times we do reboot is after installation which is more or less 6 - 8 times in the first 2 -3 days. When I was using Windows Mobile device, we do reboot at least once a week since WinMo memory leak is too much, difficult to recover & apps causing freeze/hang.

With Blackberry, I seldom encounter a situation wherein reboot is necessary! I use BatteryEx to recover memory (manually when I need to) also if I'm not mistaken MeterBerry can do it automatically.

But after installing the os...u will still download these apps again...won't that increase your boot time again?

08-29-12 12:28 AM
    Battery life in Aikido is much more better than Ahead. With listening to music and excessive use of browser, social apps (feed), twitter, and whatsapp. I did a batt-pull since morning yesterday, and batt life is left with 23% as of the time I am typing this. Hereby are the images as attached. Good hybrid, Wu. Thanks
    wu-wei likes this.
    08-29-12 12:32 AM
    Please people...where can I download meterberry for free? and also where can I get the activation code for free?...I just downloaded one and it is asking for a code...please someone help me

08-29-12 01:04 AM
    Get well with Kepler? Aikido is racist. Racist. Racist everywhere
    08-29-12 01:30 AM
    But after installing the os...u will still download these apps again...won't that increase your boot time again? Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    You only shrink apps that you don't use like languages other than your mother tongue. Otherwise why shrink them if you will reinstall again?

If you were referring to my example in the post, it was meant to prove you that shrinking apps if size is significant - will speed up boot time. Hope I understood your question.
    08-29-12 06:29 AM
    Get well with Kepler? Aikido is racist. Racist. Racist everywhere
    You must be kidding! You have similar BB model with Wu Wei, if you don't get similar performance - you must have done something wrong.
    08-29-12 06:36 AM
    Please people...where can I download meterberry for free? and also where can I get the activation code for free?...I just downloaded one and it is asking for a code...please someone help me. Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    Try TinyMeter. It comes with similar basic batt, temp, logging & measuring functions - and it's free!
    08-29-12 06:39 AM
    Kepler?

08-29-12 07:42 AM
    Kepler?

codename for Curve 3G..i think
    08-29-12 08:38 AM
    You must be kidding! You have similar BB model with Wu Wei, if you don't get similar performance - you must have done something wrong.
    i even start from clean install (wiped the previous OS), but still can't get the boot time and discharge rate like you guys get. maybe i'm not good enough to do this.
    08-29-12 08:40 AM
    i even start from clean install (wiped the previous OS), but still can't get the boot time and discharge rate like you guys get. maybe i'm not good enough to do this.
    Initial boot times are long after restoring data, update of apps and installation of new apps.

In my case that would be the first 3 - 4 boots. Boot times normalize to 90 sec. after that!

Are you measuring & reporting your boot times in those 3 - 4 initial boots? I'm not even doing OS wipes anymore, I think loader itself do it for us. I might be wrong but, to each his/her own!
    Last edited by radi33idar; 08-29-12 at 09:38 AM.
    08-29-12 09:36 AM
    Kepler?

codename for Curve 3G..i think
    Yes. Curve 9300 3G is otherwise known as Kepler. Easier to write.
    08-29-12 09:50 AM
    I hate to disappoint you mate but no problem here with universal search issue. Any apps or contact open just fine with one click.

darn. must be an issue with my aggressive shrinking of the os then.
    08-29-12 10:30 AM
    Initial boot times are long after restoring data, update of apps and installation of new apps.

In my case that would be the first 3 - 4 boots. Boot times normalize to 90 sec. after that!

Are you measuring & reporting your boot times in those 3 - 4 initial boots? I'm not even doing OS wipes anymore, I think loader itself do it for us. I might be wrong but, to each his/her own!
    i've already done 5-6 boot but still no difference. ugh, forget it. as long as everything is super-responsive, that would be enough for me
    08-29-12 12:41 PM
    Please people...where can I download meterberry for free? and also where can I get the activation code for free?...I just downloaded one and it is asking for a code...please someone help me

PM me your BB Pin, i'll msg you your meterberry activation code.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    08-29-12 12:57 PM

PM me your BB Pin, i'll msg you your meterberry activation code.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    Take this outside my thread please. Every build I post is quite clear that I do not promote this kind of stuff with third party apps. MeterBerry costs four dollars. Considering that I refer to that app multiple times every single day, it is worth every penny.

If you don't want to pay for MeterBerry, then use TinyMeter as suggested above.
    08-29-12 02:25 PM

i've already done 5-6 boot but still no difference. ugh, forget it. as long as everything is super-responsive, that would be enough for me
    What apps do you have installed? Personally I noticed a HUGE increase in boot time as soon as I installed BlackBerry Travel, and deleting the app made no difference. The only resolution was a new OS installation and selective database restore.
    08-29-12 02:33 PM
261 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD