Plz I might sound disturbing but I hav another problem....my phone no longer plays videos with .avi extensions...plzzz anybody wot do I do...am using a bold 9650...
    i never watched video with .avi extension. the previous OS can play it?
    08-25-12 01:47 PM
    Battery life on Aikkido is pretty badass! 3G for a good 9 hours.

Is that long or short?
    08-26-12 01:01 AM
    i never watched video with .avi extension. the previous OS can play it?

Yes all blackberry devices are capable of playing .avi videos.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    08-26-12 01:28 AM
    But mine gives me an error..."The video portion of the file is not supported"...I can hear the sounds from the video but I just kip seeing that error on the display when playin .avi files...plz I nid suggestionz
    08-26-12 06:20 AM
    There are various types of .avi formats. Download the ones which support your device.

Eg- I always download DVD Rip format movies. they're .avi format which is supported by most of the bb devices.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    08-26-12 07:02 AM
    Thanks for this Hybrid, actually i have been using it for 2 days now and i should say that the battery sucks!! it drains faster than the previous version of yours. thanks anyways
    08-26-12 08:18 AM
    There are various types of .avi formats. Download the ones which support your device.

Eg- I always download DVD Rip format movies. they're .avi format which is supported by most of the bb devices.
    +1. I suspect that it might have been codec issues. Try use any conversion tools that are widely available and see whether it can play the video.
    08-26-12 09:22 AM
    My phone 9780 does not automatic switch to 3G although i selected 3G & 2G. When i turn Network selection mode to manual i am able to choose 3G network so i think this is a software problem.
    08-26-12 09:28 AM
    This specific issue have been discussed somewhere in this forums. Afaik, it all based on your signal strength. Although there is 3G signal in your area, the phone will capture the most powerful signal for its use (well in this case, your 3G)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    kyohiros likes this.
    08-26-12 09:34 AM
    Wu-wei...d boot time of my 9650 has worsened afta installing aikido wit base os .719 for 9650...plz any suggestions for me?
    Plz I might sound disturbing but I hav another problem....my phone no longer plays videos with .avi extensions...plzzz anybody wot do I do...am using a bold 9650...
    But mine gives me an error..."The video portion of the file is not supported"...I can hear the sounds from the video but I just kip seeing that error on the display when playin .avi files...plz I nid suggestionz
    Give the OSBB hybrids a shot. I know they develop specifically for the 9650. Their builds might give you better results.
    08-26-12 10:53 AM
    Thanks for this Hybrid, actually i have been using it for 2 days now and i should say that the battery sucks!! it drains faster than the previous version of yours. thanks anyways
    Well, you could let the OS settle in as I suggest in the first post. And you could make sure to do a battery pull every 6 hours or so for the first day or two. Or you could try someone else's build.

Everyone on my testing team - including me - has seen impressive battery life from this build. I think a few other users might have mentioned it in here, too.

Sorry you're not impressed, but there's not much I can do.
    08-26-12 10:56 AM

This was snapped last night. Off charger for 13 hours. Made two calls about 20 minutes each, light browsing and SMS usage, and I belong to 2 BBM Groups which are fairly active.

For me, this is stellar performance on both battery and memory.
    08-26-12 12:22 PM
    Here's another screenshot of how I shrink an OS with BBH Tool.

I also manually remove a bunch of files, and my current Java folder has 344 files in it. CDMA users can also remove several other files related to GAN, since they use a different cell network technology. I have not personally used a CDMA device in years, and I have not tinkered much with which files can be removed.

08-26-12 12:32 PM
    Well, you could let the OS settle in as I suggest in the first post. And you could make sure to do a battery pull every 6 hours or so for the first day or two. Or you could try someone else's build.

Everyone on my testing team - including me - has seen impressive battery life from this build. I think a few other users might have mentioned it in here, too.

Sorry you're not impressed, but there's not much I can do.
    Thanks for the answer i've had an issue with an app downloaded from the app world thats why it keeps draining the battery a lot. anyways thanks for this great hybrid.
    08-26-12 02:15 PM
    This hybrid is awesome wu, good work. Battery life is so much better than Ahead. Thanks.
    wu-wei likes this.
    08-26-12 03:12 PM
    my adr, -2.0mb memory
    08-26-12 03:44 PM
    Using a 9700...the short answer...this hybrid is awesome.

Battery is extremely good. Memory Leak is mitigated...it oscillates between -8 mb and - 15 mb.

I still have some photo rendering lag after snapping a pic and going for an immediate preview, however it is vastly improved and not that much of an issue.

Browser, navigating...its all very smooth and fast. Likewise, switching around the various apps is fast and minimal if any hourglassing.

Thanks again for testing and sharing. Cheers!
    wu-wei likes this.
    08-26-12 03:51 PM
    Thnx for d suggestion @diesel
    08-26-12 04:59 PM
    Plz how can I get meterberry?
    08-26-12 05:08 PM
    Wu-wei thnks for this hybrid...the osbb looks preety confusing for me, am better off with yours...and diesel, I just found out that my 9650 accepts dvdrip .avi files thnks
    08-26-12 05:16 PM
    One more dumb question plz....does os shrinking reduce booting time? @anyone
    08-26-12 05:25 PM
    Okay. So I've been running akido for 3 days now. Battery life is superb and signal lock is muuuuuuch better than ahead. Memory leak has decreased from -25 mb (avg) to around -8/ -10 mb (avg)

Ahead was pretty awesome. This is better. Pretty happy with this build.
    wu-wei likes this.
    08-26-12 06:51 PM
    Also, is anyone else having the universal search issue? Apps and main menu items don't work (nothing happens when I click on them) but the contacts work fine. Really annoying...
    08-26-12 06:53 PM
    finnally.... got one style 9670...
    will cook it with this aikido...
    supposed it gonna smooth n easy.. i betttt !!!
    ==================
    cnfm safe n clear...
    for both 9300 n 9670....

wu rocks the os 6...
    08-26-12 09:30 PM
    ==================
    cnfm safe n clear...
    for both 9300 n 9670....

wu rocks the os 6...
    ========
    sorry ... 9330 curve.. i mean..
    mistype...