B@stard Hybrid: Aikido (20120820)

Created by wu-wei

Those of you who regularly use my builds know the drill, but this one incorporates new files from the recently-leaked 7.1.0.649 OS.

I have also modified several files based on feedback from my testers.

This build has been through fairly extensive testing, and performs very well in terms of battery life and memory management. The fine-tuning has really produced a solid build this time around.

My hybrids go through testing on several devices, and I am confident that my builds work well on all OS6 devices.

Recommended base OS versions:

9300: 6.0.0.723
    9650: 6.0.0.707 (or 6.0.0.719)
    9700: 6.0.0.723
    9780: 6.0.0.723
    9800: 6.0.0.723

While these base OSes are recommended, Aikido will work over any 6.0.0.6xx or .7xx OS. If you have found another OS in those series that works best for you, certainly feel free to use that one instead.

Please note that some users have reported a "break-in" period with any hybrid. That is, the first day or so has poor battery life, but then things stabilize and we start sipping at the battery again. Battery life is critically important to me, so I am always mindful of those issues (and reluctant to leave my beloved 9700 for some shiny new OS7 device). I have not experienced this phenomenon myself, but I did want to mention that it is possible.

To install this hybrid, extract the contents of this zip file into the Java folder of the base OS you choose to use. On my system, these files were extracted into C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9700M_v6.0.0.723_P6.6.0.248\Java.

When you extract the cod files into the folder listed above, you should be prompted to confirm that you want to replace existing files. If you are not prompted, then you are probably trying to extract to the wrong directory and the hybrid files will not be installed on your device.

If you do not know exactly what you're doing, then you should choose one of the following options:

1. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO INSTALL THIS HYBRID.
    2. Read my guide on the CrackBerry forums, available here: Hybrid OS Installation Guide
    3. Read any How To posts by elite1 in practically any hybrid or leaked OS thread on CrackBerry.com
    4. Search the CrackBerry forums and read as much as you can find about how the BlackBerry OS loader process works.

This package does NOT include any third party applications at all. I build hybrid OSes. I do not promote any apps or force users to choose whether they want to install apps they may not want. If you are looking for a particular third party app, I probably have an opinion about it and may be able to tell you where to find it (I'm talking free or paid versions, NOT WAREZ).

Many thanks to my tireless and intrepid team:
    • ench18
    • bintaro_gw
    • bmercer94
    • kev23m
    • leontam
    • lordnorms
    • Soulja Boy
    • walestrings

Download Aikido
    08-23-12 03:14 AM
    As always Wu. Rock solid.
    Cheers
    wu-wei likes this.
    08-23-12 03:25 AM
    Yep. Cheers
    wu-wei likes this.
    08-23-12 03:32 AM
    I've installed Aikido and so far is nice and solid
    wu-wei likes this.
    08-23-12 06:11 AM
    Loading now!

Thanks!
    08-23-12 08:43 AM
    Great build, was running it for over 19hours and memory only went down -1.4MB! Thanks Wu!
    wu-wei likes this.
    08-23-12 09:11 AM
    Wu-wei....plzz, i wud realy appreciate it if u can post a screenshot of how U shrunk your os...so dat i can use it for my 9650
    08-23-12 12:54 PM
    excellent! can't wait to install this
    08-23-12 02:13 PM
    thanks.. looked like the server was down but it seems to be able to download now.
    Last edited by n8tiveg; 08-23-12 at 09:57 PM.
    08-23-12 09:50 PM
    This is wonderful!!!
    wu-wei likes this.
    08-24-12 12:18 AM
    that's fast. i'm gonna download and try it now.thanks Wu
    08-24-12 01:52 AM
    WoW New Build this means its time to reload LoL! Thanks

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    08-24-12 05:56 AM
    Excelent build! Picture lag fixed! Thx Wu
    wu-wei likes this.
    08-24-12 11:16 AM
    Excelent build! Picture lag fixed! Thx Wu
    Oh Yeah! Will have to get this installed pronto. Cheers!
    08-24-12 12:35 PM
    My phone'z battery life haz improved plus extra fast browser...thnx wu
    wu-wei likes this.
    08-24-12 01:22 PM
    Its a solid hybrid. I'm enjoying this hybrid until next build from wu
    wu-wei likes this.
    08-24-12 01:54 PM
    after +12hours with Aikido, all i can see it is just like the previous build, Ahead. the only difference i see is no more picture lag. i think it is fixed. well done!!
    - is the new BBM make the reboot time much longer? it take almost 3 minutes to reboot -
    wu-wei likes this.
    08-24-12 01:59 PM
    finnally.... got one style 9670...
    will cook it with this aikido...
    supposed it gonna smooth n easy.. i betttt !!!
    08-24-12 09:18 PM
    after +12hours with Aikido, all i can see it is just like the previous build, Ahead. the only difference i see is no more picture lag. i think it is fixed. well done!!
    - is the new BBM make the reboot time much longer? it take almost 3 minutes to reboot -

My Boot time only takes me about less than a minute,and imo this build is Much better than Ahead Overall, No error at all,and im getting much better network reception than previous build Ahead.Great Job on this Wu!
    08-24-12 09:26 PM
    My Boot time only takes me about less than a minute,and imo this build is Much better than Ahead Overall, No error at all,and im getting much better network reception than previous build Ahead.Great Job on this Wu!
    i'm also got less than a minute to boot, but after upgrading BBM to the latest version, seems like my boot time take too much time to load
    08-24-12 11:33 PM
    As for BBM affecting boot time, I really can't say. I've been using the beta BBM that was later pulled (6.2.0.51) and I haven't seen any lag on boot.

I have had phenomenal performance using Aikido...and that's saying something. Obviously I try plenty of different variants and this one really seems to be a keeper. Haven't felt this good about a build since Caliente/Pierre times.
    lordnorms likes this.
    08-25-12 12:15 AM
    Wu-wei....plzz, i wud realy appreciate it if u can post a screenshot of how U shrunk your os...so dat i can use it for my 9650
    I know I've posted screenshots previously, and I've also included file listings of the 340 or so files I keep in my Java folder.

I don't intend to be lazy or cryptic...but I have posted this info before and it is not right at my fingertips at the moment.
    08-25-12 12:17 AM
    As for BBM affecting boot time, I really can't say. I've been using the beta BBM that was later pulled (6.2.0.51) and I haven't seen any lag on boot.

I have had phenomenal performance using Aikido...and that's saying something. Obviously I try plenty of different variants and this one really seems to be a keeper. Haven't felt this good about a build since Caliente/Pierre times.
    yes. i noticed too. Aikido is much better than previous build. everything is obviously can be seen after 24hrs installed it. everything is super-responsive. even App World lag issues are reduced. but the one confusing me is; is the latest BBM slows down my boot time? previously, i'm also using BBM beta until it was discon. it's so confusing.
    08-25-12 01:09 AM
    Wu-wei...d boot time of my 9650 has worsened afta installing aikido wit base os .719 for 9650...plz any suggestions for me?
    08-25-12 03:32 AM
    Plz I might sound disturbing but I hav another problem....my phone no longer plays videos with .avi extensions...plzzz anybody wot do I do...am using a bold 9650...
    08-25-12 10:29 AM
261 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD