I have a very slow boot up speed no matter which hybrid OS I install. It takes about 5-6 minutes for reboot. Any solution to make it a bit faster?
    Do you have BlackBerry Travel installed? I have found that having that app installed tremendously increases boot time. Even after uninstalling it. The only solution I've found is to uninstall and reload OS with a selective database restore.
    diesel7390 likes this.
    08-01-12 12:12 PM
    I have a very slow boot up speed no matter which hybrid OS I install. It takes about 5-6 minutes for reboot. Any solution to make it a bit faster?

P.S Currently using Ahead and have 220mb free storage space on my device and a 8gb memory card out of which 4gb is occupied.
    just like Wu said, BB Travel really consume time to boot up. if i'm not mistaken, the latest BBM also make the boot time slower. i dunno why..
    diesel7390 likes this.
    08-01-12 03:21 PM
    Just Installed it,works great
    hope it fix lil bit of memory leakage problem for my 9700!
    08-01-12 04:51 PM
    so, after more than 24hrs installed it, all i can see is nothing significant differences. but it takes shorter time to stabilize too, just like Agile. battery discharge rate also same as Agile. browser, a little bit faster. everything else, just as good as Agile. cheers~
    08-02-12 03:10 AM
    After 16 Hours of uptime

Sent From My Good Old BlackBerry 9700 Using Tapatalk
    08-02-12 12:14 PM
    Do you have BlackBerry Travel installed? I have found that having that app installed tremendously increases boot time. Even after uninstalling it. The only solution I've found is to uninstall and reload OS with a selective database restore.
    I don't have bb travel installed, still i was facing problems.
    I have now combined Raikkohad V11 CNY Edition with B@stard Ahead, i replaced all the 6.0.0.706 in Raikkohad with 6.0.0.723 + 7.1.0.580
    So now i have 6.0.0723 + 7.1.0.205 + 7.1.0.580 Hybrid with a 7.1 system software.
    Lets see how this works for my 9780.

The first 2 reboots (after installing apps+ desktop software backup) took less than 2-3mins.

The OS settling time is 48 hours. Will post my detailed review after 48 hours.
    08-02-12 12:37 PM

P.S Currently using Ahead and have 220mb free storage space on my device and a 8gb memory card out of which 4gb is occupied.
    Do you enable auto memory cleaning? If yes, disable (uncheck) your auto memory cleaning.
    08-02-12 06:27 PM
    Hi wu

Can you share with us the latest email setup application you are using?
    I've just updated my hybrid os to B@stard Ahead, Thanks.
    Maybe I'll report back after a day or two..
    08-03-12 06:26 AM
    @Lester - I believe everyone uses the 72.1116.0914 (from 7.1.0.150) e-mail setup
    7.11.1116.0914.rar <download link
    lester78 likes this.
    08-03-12 10:48 AM
    Personally I am using the latest 6.x version of BIS files that my carrier pushed out a while back. Those work best for me.

I also wanted to report that I think I've found a fix for the media lag. If you are experiencing lag during the review of camera photos, open up a file explorer and navigate to Media Card/BlackBerry/system/media (those are hidden directories, by the way) and delete all of the thumbs*.* files. My files were over 650 MB in size. I believe those databases are not cleared with a new OS install, so each time I installed a new OS, the cache was aggregated and kept ballooning in size, causing significant delay in media rendering.
    BullMarket likes this.
    08-03-12 04:10 PM
    Went to explorer/Media Card/Blackbery but dont see System
    08-03-12 04:32 PM
    Press menu button and select show hidden, then you'll see it
    08-03-12 04:38 PM
    Thanks Leontam found it .....@ Wu-Wei you are the BOSS...Thanks media lag gone..Its great to be on your tester team.
    Last edited by Soulja Boy; 08-04-12 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Camera photo lag is back @ Wu-Wei after deleting those thumb files in media files
    08-03-12 04:47 PM
    been using it for 3 days now, memory leak is lower than ever.
    browser is faster and i have yet to see the page closing error.

also what i've noticed is when i use this hybrid on the .668 build, my device boots up much faster, under a minute which is almost half the time compared to .723 (on my 9700)
    beanctr10 and wu-wei like this.
    08-03-12 04:53 PM
    Haha I just had a race with my friends I told everyone that my blackberry would kick there butts in a boot up race we we're 7 me being the only one with a Hybrid and they all had standard OS
    A 9300
    A 9800 x 3
    A 9900 x 2
    And ofcourse my 9700

I was busy searching for some music while they we're still booting up lol
    Enjoyed that
    Soulja Boy and wu-wei like this.
    08-03-12 05:03 PM
    Haha I just had a race with my friends I told everyone that my blackberry would kick there butts in a boot up race we we're 7 me being the only one with a Hybrid and they all had standard OS
    A 9300
    A 9800 x 3
    A 9900 x 2
    And ofcourse my 9700

I was busy searching for some music while they we're still booting up lol
    Enjoyed that

There was a time when I could do that, but then I installed hybrid's on their Blackberry's

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
    08-03-12 05:54 PM
    Downloading as I type.

Feedback soon.
    08-03-12 06:06 PM
    Hi All,

I've got a very noobish question. I was able to successfully install the Hybrid OS (THANKS A LOT wu-wei for the awesome build) but now I'm still thinking how many time/s should I do a battery pull after successful installation?

Thanks a lot in advance!

BTW I used base .666 since it's the only available OS for my carrier
    Last edited by iAmPatch; 08-03-12 at 08:22 PM.
    08-03-12 08:20 PM
    Installed and so far so go good. Quick.

Booted from a battery pull in 1m 38s (I had a stop watch lol)
    wu-wei likes this.
    08-03-12 08:40 PM
    Hi All,

I've got a very noobish question. I was able to successfully install the Hybrid OS (THANKS A LOT wu-wei for the awesome build) but now I'm still thinking how many time/s should I do a battery pull after successful installation?

Thanks a lot in advance!

BTW I used base .666 since it's the only available OS for my carrier

You don't necessary have to use a build from your own carrier
    I use a build from another carrier and works fine
    08-04-12 01:55 AM
    One problem; whenever search for something via universal search, example: I was searching Opera Mini, I typed in Opera, the operamini icon came up, when I tried click it, nothing happened, but I can continue typing etc.

Happens with all Apps.
    08-04-12 01:49 PM
    One problem; whenever search for something via universal search, example: I was searching Opera Mini, I typed in Opera, the operamini icon came up, when I tried click it, nothing happened, but I can continue typing etc.

Happens with all Apps.
    I have duplicated this issue. I'm guessing it's caused by the 534 search apps I chose while I was trying to sort the photo rendering lag issue. Revert those to base OS and it should resolve.
    08-04-12 06:14 PM
    I have duplicated this issue. I'm guessing it's caused by the 534 search apps I chose while I was trying to sort the photo rendering lag issue. Revert those to base OS and it should resolve.
    How does one revert those to base OS, might be good you explain better for some of us who are not so conversant with hybrid tweaking.

Thanks Wu
    08-04-12 07:16 PM
    If you are running the latest .8 version from appworld, the developer is aware and have sent a new build out.

Unfortunately I am not able to share my older .5 version due to it is a paid app.
    Is there a free version of Tapatalk available, love that app but can't afford it rit now.
    08-04-12 07:28 PM
    Nope only the crackberry forums app a version of tapatalk but you can only view Crackberry from it
    08-04-12 07:32 PM
100 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD