Hmm interesting coz afaik wu-wei already fix that media file rendering by not altering the base cods.
    I am not sure. Under Afterburner I did inject the two CODs suggested by Wu Wei; however, it did not remedy my photo rendering/review issue.

Everything about this Agile build works great for me except the photo lag issue. A previous poster indicated that he installed Agile over the 668 base...perhaps that is where the solution lies. I would guess that this could be remedied by injecting a small series of previous build CODs.

Cheers!
    07-19-12 10:43 PM
    Created an account just to post my thanks.

Running smoothly on my 9330, discharge average is -7.8% after 6h of runtime and one battery pull...

I built off 6.0.0.707, but I'm probably going to wipe and retry with 6.0.0.723 in a bit here and see what the difference is.

Thanks again!
    07-19-12 11:39 PM
    My picture rendering lag is still pretty pronounced...about 25 seconds sometime.

Does anybody have a COD injection procedure to remedy that?

Perhaps a list a CODs from the 668 base?

This is for a 9700.

Cheers!
    Inject this cod. and do a batt pull, let's see how it improves your picture rendering lag.
    leontam and BullMarket like this.
    07-20-12 12:18 AM
    Agile has been doing good to me, I'm using .722 as base

Can use it down to 1% battery (all radios turned off automatically, at 2% wifi still survive), here's proof:

battery usage is on or above par with Afterburner (this is after a little more than 14hours of usage without any battery pull, memory drained a bit as I installed and initialized GDocs app)

I'm liking it as of now, as for picture review lag, I usually get it if I take 2 pics in a row, the most recent one can be reviewed right away, but the previous one takes time for it to load.

Will try Sator's suggestion with .723's sdcard cod and see.
    07-20-12 12:28 AM
    Agile has been doing good to me, I'm using .722 as base

Can use it down to 1% battery (all radios turned off automatically, at 2% wifi still survive), here's proof:
    Click to view quoted image

battery usage is on or above par with Afterburner (this is after a little more than 14hours of usage without any battery pull, memory drained a bit as I installed and initialized GDocs app)
    Click to view quoted image

I'm liking it as of now, as for picture review lag, I usually get it if I take 2 pics in a row, the most recent one can be reviewed right away, but the previous one takes time for it to load.

Will try Sator's suggestion with .723's sdcard cod and see.
    It's not .723 sdcard cod, it's .569 sdcard cod, it helps faster rendering when you open up your media files.
    07-20-12 04:30 AM
    Dear Wu,

my BB 9780 connected with PC, trying install Agile Hybrid, when its extracting file in
    C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\ResearchInMotion\Share d\LoaderFiles\9700M_v6.0.0.723_P6.6.0.248\Java.
    its prompted to confirm that you want to replace existing files, I clicked yes all,
    but access denied, saying administrative privilege may be required.

Please help help help
    07-20-12 04:52 AM
    Inject this cod. and do a batt pull, let's see how it improves your picture rendering lag.
    Thanks...appreciate the remedy...will give it a try...Cheers!
    07-20-12 09:39 AM
    Dear Wu,

my BB 9780 connected with PC, trying install Agile Hybrid, when its extracting file in
    C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\ResearchInMotion\Share d\LoaderFiles\9700M_v6.0.0.723_P6.6.0.248\Java.
    its prompted to confirm that you want to replace existing files, I clicked yes all,

Please help help help
    Sounds like you need to log into a user account that has administrative permissions in order to access the file directory.

Perhaps your user account you use to log into the computer does not have admin rights...therefore, try logging into your computer as the Admin user account.
    07-20-12 11:13 AM
    Dear Wu,

Please help help help
    1. Select Security Tab.
    2. Click on Advanced button below right of the properties window.
    3. Then you will get Advanced Security Settings for hosts Window.
    4. Select Owner Tab.
    5. Then click Edit.
    6. Then you will get Advanced Security Settings for hosts Window with Owner tab only.
    7. Then Click other users or groups button below.
    8. Then you will get a new window - Select User or Group, then select Advanced button below.
    9. Then again you will get a new window Select User or Group, then select Find Now button.
    10. In the search results select your user name then press ok button, and again Ok button.
    11. Then select your user name and Click Apply.
    12. Then Select Permissions Tab, and select Change Permissions button.
    13. Select your user name and click Edit button below, then select Full Control - Allow Checkbox checked, then press Ok button and again and again ok and ok.

I don't know if this will help. If don't. Try it on the administrator account.
    07-20-12 01:41 PM
    okay..after 24 hours, here's what happen to my device.

Battery discharge / hour [ min -0.7% , max -16.4% average -5.4%]
    Memory 74.7MB. -3.3% since start up.

so far, all i can say is this build
    -smoother than Afterburner. it takes 1 minutes and 40 seconds of reboot time.
    -Afterburner really 'burns' the battery power. i don't know, Agile is less consuming power than Afterburner, which is great for me.
    -this build fully settles with this device after 8 hours (with 8 battery pulls on every 2 hours - i'm also don't know why i'm doing so.
    -page loads is normal. i don't see any changes. but , yes, closing page error is somehow fixed. (for example, with Afterburner, i access m.9gag.com, but when le large post appeared, suddenly it closed. now it is fixed)

Agile is the right name for this build. thanks Wu! sorry for the long post? potatoes?
    07-20-12 02:04 PM
    Agile is great thx Wu. One problem I've come across is I can't stream youtube over wifi. It goes to load the vid then says buffering but hangs up there. I can exit and try again still hangs on buffering. I've done a batt pull. Tried different vids and they all hang on buffering... Any thoughts. Thx
    Yes I shrunk base 723. With the yt app shrunk out.
    07-20-12 08:10 PM
    okay..after 24 hours, here's what happen to my device.

Battery discharge / hour [ min -0.7% , max -16.4% average -5.4%]
    Memory 74.7MB. -3.3% since start up.

so far, all i can say is this build
    -smoother than Afterburner. it takes 1 minutes and 40 seconds of reboot time.
    -Afterburner really 'burns' the battery power. i don't know, Agile is less consuming power than Afterburner, which is great for me.
    -this build fully settles with this device after 8 hours (with 8 battery pulls on every 2 hours - i'm also don't know why i'm doing so.
    -page loads is normal. i don't see any changes. but , yes, closing page error is somehow fixed. (for example, with Afterburner, i access m.9gag.com, but when le large post appeared, suddenly it closed. now it is fixed)

Agile is the right name for this build. thanks Wu! sorry for the long post? potatoes?

Love the 9gag reference. You say that there was no change in browsing, do you mean that its no change from after burner or no change from regular OS 6 browsing?
    Want my 9gag going faster :
    deathbearry likes this.
    07-21-12 12:43 AM
    Hmm seems yt streams fine over 3G... Need to check different wifi.
    07-21-12 03:46 AM
    Love the 9gag reference. You say that there was no change in browsing, do you mean that its no change from after burner or no change from regular OS 6 browsing?
    Want my 9gag going faster :
    what i actually means is the browsing is better than Afterburner by a little bit. yeah, you can browse 9gag smoothly
    07-21-12 04:10 AM
    using afterburner,will try agile tonight
    looks better than afterburner
    07-21-12 12:42 PM
    Appreciate your help, but injecting the 7.1.0.569 net_rim_bb_smartcardreader_microSD.cod on my 9700 has not had any produced any reliable improvement of the photo rendering lag. It still takes anywhere from 15 to 25 seconds to render a just-taken photo.

Other than the photo lag issue, Agile is working excellent.

If someone tests a reliable solution for the photo lag, please inform.

Thanks!
    07-21-12 12:44 PM
    Definately a better hybrid, agile seems to have settled all problem for 9700 except the photo lag and browser experience which can't handle 3 tabs or 2 tabs without conplaining about the memory low thingy.

Thanks to Wu, hope you find a steady solution to the photo lag and 2 tabs browsing without memory low problem. Agile's battery is amazing, witnessing -0.2% min and almost 20% total battery power usage after 12hrs.
    07-21-12 02:17 PM
    Created an account just to post my thanks.

Running smoothly on my 9330, discharge average is -7.8% after 6h of runtime and one battery pull...

I built off 6.0.0.707, but I'm probably going to wipe and retry with 6.0.0.723 in a bit here and see what the difference is.

Thanks again!
    Alright, tried to wipe and retry with the 6.0.0.723 recommended here, and apploader can't find the OS? I hunted around for Vendor.xml files and couldn't find any, so I don't think it's that.

Can anyone advise me as to why this is? Is the 9330 not able to run .723?

EDIT: Speculating now that the issue is with the firmware being for the 9300, not the 9330. Assumed the two were interchangeable, but maybe this is not the case. Strangely enough, the Blackberry Desktop Manager wants me to use 6.0.0.719, a build that I can't seem to find for download anywhere on the internet.

Can anyone find this firmware? Or, barring that, does anyone know if there is a way to find the firmware file that was downloaded by the Desktop Manager and use that to roll the hybrid? Sorry this isn't exactly in the right place, but I AM trying to install the hybrid, so it does relate :]
    Last edited by betaRepeating; 07-21-12 at 02:50 PM.
    07-21-12 02:42 PM
    Just found about Hybrid OS and i'm gonna make this my first Hydrid installation.
    Still looking for some list or indication of what difference there will be other than performance and speed.
    Although i'm not really a beginner to this type of stuff (force loaded my OS so many times without backup), i still have some questions, but i'll ask only one for now:

the browser files are obviously being modified, how similar to the OS 7 browser will this hybrid's browser be. for example, will 9800 be able to view HTML5 YouTube like OS 7 devices, or it just changed in performance?

thanks in advance
    07-21-12 02:50 PM
    this is a great and a fast build
    wu-wei likes this.
    07-21-12 06:15 PM
    Appreciate your help, but injecting the 7.1.0.569 net_rim_bb_smartcardreader_microSD.cod on my 9700 has not had any produced any reliable improvement of the photo rendering lag. It still takes anywhere from 15 to 25 seconds to render a just-taken photo.

Other than the photo lag issue, Agile is working excellent.

If someone tests a reliable solution for the photo lag, please inform.

Thanks!
    I use 3 cods. from .569 (media contenthandler, media app launcher, and smart card reader micro sdcard) and it's pretty fast. You can try with injecting this media cods. and also defrag your SD card.
    07-21-12 07:35 PM
    I use 3 cods. from .569 (media contenthandler, media app launcher, and smart card reader micro sdcard) and it's pretty fast. You can try with injecting this media cods. and also defrag your SD card.
    Thanks, Sator...will inject the remaining two and update my findings. And why not..I pull the card and defrag...every little bit helps...cheers!
    07-22-12 12:59 AM
    damn it. this build exceed my expectation. last discharge from charger(usually i reboot my phone after pull the charger off) is 24 hours ago, and the battery power is 45%. (with heavily tweeting using ubersocial). you're genius Wu!
    wu-wei likes this.
    07-22-12 01:37 PM
    I jus bumped into this forum & decided to test ur Hybrids on my 9700.. 1st was Adrenaline Glow on base .600 Twas running ok.. Then now I've switched to Agile on base .723... 24hrs now & my phone is running smooth, no lags this Agile is perfect... All d way from Nigeria.. I say a BIG THANK U.. @wu
    wu-wei likes this.
    07-22-12 02:52 PM
    If only u could add any light theme with OS7 icons.. We would really appreciate... All the same keep up the good work!!!
    07-22-12 02:55 PM
91 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD